Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
Been reading about the SIG prices ranging from $1500 to $3000, we can buy an AR for almost half that. How do these to rifles match up (specifications)? What is all the fuss? I understand a FAL or a PTR91 rather than an AR10, but an AR for $700 is pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The Sig is an overengineered AK.  Supposedly when Sig makes them stateside, they will be full of AR features which doesnt justify the asking price a bit.  Id rather have a FNC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
When, or if, the Sig 550 makes it to the States...  I'll get one.  Just because it's a Sig, and they're cool!
~Dg84

ETA: although 3K is a bit high.  I'm not sure I'd spend THAT much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure there will be one on display at the shot show and from what I have hears order will be taken.
Until then, we wait and see

BTW, the Group Buy has a target price of $1250, not too far out of line of a premium AR
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
How do these rifles match up? Are there features (good or bad) with the SIG that are not with the AR?
I understand the cool factor of a slick looking, politically incorrect, 30 round magazine, flash hider, folding stock, bayonet lug (just because), red dot scope, laser, bi-pod, flash light, can-opener. (I am ready to go buy one now.)

Are both rifles the same caliber, weight, size, parts availability, etc. ?
Top Top