Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:40:10 AM EDT
Been reading about the SIG prices ranging from $1500 to $3000, we can buy an AR for almost half that. How do these to rifles match up (specifications)? What is all the fuss? I understand a FAL or a PTR91 rather than an AR10, but an AR for $700 is pretty hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The Sig is an overengineered AK.  Supposedly when Sig makes them stateside, they will be full of AR features which doesnt justify the asking price a bit.  Id rather have a FNC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
When, or if, the Sig 550 makes it to the States...  I'll get one.  Just because it's a Sig, and they're cool!
~Dg84

ETA: although 3K is a bit high.  I'm not sure I'd spend THAT much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure there will be one on display at the shot show and from what I have hears order will be taken.
Until then, we wait and see

BTW, the Group Buy has a target price of $1250, not too far out of line of a premium AR
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
How do these rifles match up? Are there features (good or bad) with the SIG that are not with the AR?
I understand the cool factor of a slick looking, politically incorrect, 30 round magazine, flash hider, folding stock, bayonet lug (just because), red dot scope, laser, bi-pod, flash light, can-opener. (I am ready to go buy one now.)

Are both rifles the same caliber, weight, size, parts availability, etc. ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top