Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
Anyone going to the gunshow in Lexington this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:11 PM EDT
the only reason i would go is to look at some of the knives. i've been wanting a microtek knife.

the last time i was there i saw one, but i didn't know the going price so i didn't buy it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:53:53 AM EDT
yeah I will proabably head over on sunday morning to look. Got a little money burning a hole...

maybe snag a cheap rifle or AR parts. Not much to be found there.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:22:51 AM EDT
where is the gun show located? i might ride up there.

shawn
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:01:44 PM EDT
its in Heritage Hall
which is the lower part of rupp arena

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
I'll be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
I'm with you Stump. Knob Creek is a good show. It seems like the show in Lex only pans out if you neeed a particular piece or part . Good deals are few and far between. NGD was a good show just for sheer numbers of tables of stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
What I have noticed from the Lexington Shows is that Bud's Gun Shop usually has the best prices on new stuff, heck you are better off just going to his shop. I like to tinker with used stuff and I don't see many deals at the Lexington show, but at least parking is easier.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:44:31 AM EDT
Went today, prices were high on a lot of stuff, but did pick up a couple of things. May go back tomorrow for the "I don't want to schlep this home" deals.

Michael
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
I'll probably go up tomorrow. I have a super redhawk I may try to sell or trade.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:41:04 PM EDT
Anybody go back today? It was packed for parking because of the game, but the show was pretty empty. I did a little trading, nothing much to speak of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:08:00 AM EDT
yeah I went on Sunday and was pretty pissed off. Forgot about the game and got there close to 11 so I had to pay 8 bucks to park and then I get into the show and they had raised the price of admission to 7 bucks. I wasn't very happy (and I am not that cheap) but it galls me that the promoter puts the gunshow on the same day as a uk game and the same venue and then even raises his admission to boot. If anything they shoulda given a discount especially given that there were a lot of empty tables (smoothed over by the dealers next to them) but still you could tell.

this show is getting old too. I see the same dealers with the same stock for 80% of the show. Then if its not that, the airsoft have begun to take over as well as knives and misc. tables.

Top Top