Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
Anyone going to the gunshow in Lexington this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
the only reason i would go is to look at some of the knives.   i've been wanting a microtek knife.

the last time i was there i saw one, but i didn't know the going price so i didn't buy it.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah I will proabably head over on sunday morning to look. Got a little money burning a hole...

maybe snag a cheap rifle or AR parts. Not much to be found there.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
where is the gun show located? i might ride up there.

shawn
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
its in Heritage Hall
which is the lower part of rupp arena

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm with you Stump.  Knob Creek is a good show.  It seems like the show in Lex only pans out if you neeed a particular piece or part .  Good deals are few and far between.  NGD was a good show just for sheer numbers of tables of stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
What I have noticed from the Lexington Shows is that Bud's Gun Shop usually has the best prices on new stuff, heck you are better off just going to his shop.    I like to tinker with used stuff and I don't see many deals at the Lexington show, but at least parking is easier.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Went today, prices were high on a lot of stuff, but did pick up a couple of things.  May go back tomorrow for the "I don't want to schlep this home" deals.

Michael
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll probably go up tomorrow. I have a super redhawk I may try to sell or trade.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody go back today?  It was packed for parking because of the game, but the show was pretty empty.  I did a little trading, nothing much to speak of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah I went on Sunday and was pretty pissed off. Forgot about the game and got there close to 11 so I had to pay 8 bucks to park and then I get into the show and they had raised the price of admission to 7 bucks.  I wasn't very happy (and I am not that cheap) but it galls me that the promoter puts the gunshow on the same day as a uk game and the same venue and then even raises his admission to boot.  If anything they shoulda given a discount especially given that there were a lot of empty tables (smoothed over by the dealers next to them) but still you could tell.

this show is getting old too. I see the same dealers with the same stock for 80% of the show.  Then if its not that, the airsoft have begun to take over as well as knives and misc. tables.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top