Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:28:16 AM EDT
The rifle range is closed on Saturday,March 25th because of an ATV "Thumper Run". The pistol range will still be open but not the rifle range due to the fact that it's close to the old railroad that's used as an ATV trail.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That might be a good thing for me. Something came up and I wasn't sure I could make it on the 25th. What about switching it to Sun?

Stang
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Well shit.  I guess that since I am unemployed any day of the week is fine for me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Sunday would work. The ATV run is only Saturday. If Sunday works for everyone else. May have to start a poll.

Poll added.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well shit.  I guess that since I am unemployed any day of the week is fine for me.

You too dale! I am also unemployed  I have a snoX race on Sat. so I would rather do it on Sun, or a different weekend.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm not sure, Not any point in doing sat if we cant shoot the black rifles. Sunday is my birthday but not like there is anything better then shooting " well maybe but not like i cant do that sun night"

Sunday is supposed to be better weather
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Sunday will work for me.  If we try for another weekend, Springbrook USPSA is on April 1st, and the Fondy show is on the 8th & 9th.  Many of us would want to go to both.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I could make it Sunday.    I originally voted for another weekend, but the next few weekends look full.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The rifle range is closed on Saturday,March 25th because of an ATV "Thumper Run". The pistol range will still be open but not the rifle range due to the fact that it's close to the old railroad that's used as an ATV trail.

Louis- I voted to move to Sunday, weather should be better, plus a longer range is better to shoot belt fed, also need to be sure the range(s) have a clear background for a long distance, due to possible bullet deflection-NFA- can have this problem. Saturday we can use the ATVs for moving target practice. If the ATVs are near the short range, bullet deflection could also be an issue, safer if they are not in area. We need to contact monkeyleg about this change.

Henry
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote for Sunday. I've arrainged a ride home from college specifically for this shoot.  Will check back at 8pm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Louis- I voted to move to Sunday, weather should be better, plus a longer range is better to shoot belt fed, also need to be sure the range(s) have a clear background for a long distance, due to possible bullet deflection-NFA- can have this problem. Saturday we can use the ATVs for moving target practice. If the ATVs are near the short range, bullet deflection could also be an issue, safer if they are not in area. We need to contact monkeyleg about this change.

Henry

The trail runs parallel to the rifle range, but south.  Look at the map I drew, the RR tracks is the trail.  Berm on the 500 meter range is huge.  If you want a close berm, we could use the pistol/slug gun range.  Horseshoe shaped berm with 75 yds being the longest distance.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
little surprised we didnt find out about this sooner, but i am happy we found out before i made the 2 hr drive.

Has anyone given the sherrif the curtesy call?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
little surprised we didnt find out about this sooner, but i am happy we found out before i made the 2 hr drive.

I'm assuming that's how this was found out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I vote for Sun.  Anybody else here?

Stang
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Ditto. Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I voted for Sunday, but any day is good as long as I have some advance notice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#16]
So who's going Sunday for sure?

mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Options that would work for me, and most of us, taking into consideration other shooting related events in the area.

Sunday the 26th,
Sunday April, 2 or 9
Saturday April 15

and later weekends
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I called the Shiocton Chief of Police today and he's where I got the info. He said any day would be fine except Saturday. Only the rifle range will be closed on Saturday.

Always something at the last minute  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#19]
well heck i guess sunday will work if everyone is going. Heck im all worked up about this shoot and what a way to spoil myself on my bday "shooting an MP5" I need to get to bed 4:30 comes early so ill check back after work tomorrow to see what everyone decided
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
In for Sunday March 26th.
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo

ETA: I think I've sent IM's to the other people that were coming on Sat. to let then know about the change.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo
DavidK

----

Sorry guys I apologize I should've called beforehand and asked :(

I say Sunday, I'm all worked up for this and if I have to wait longer I'll explode... I say Sunday.

I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#22]
sUNDAYS BETTER FOR ME ANYWAY, Damned caps lock
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo
DavidK
sprayandpray
Interceptor_Knight

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I am gone on business for 2 days an now this thing is going to hell in a hand basket. WTF!

I think I am good for Sunday. Need to check with the wife and make sure. I am also trying to get a hold of the 3 other people to see if they can still make it.

Would rather have it Sunday, as my April is looking pretty full for work.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo
DavidK
sprayandpray
Interceptor_Knight
Flamethrower
Guillotine
Brad "Makin Pearls"

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo
DavidK
sprayandpray
Interceptor_Knight
Flamethrower
Guillotine
Brad "Makin Pearls"
yfs200

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
mustangwon
EDMHUNTER
dalesimpson
MGLouie
MGHenry
CrotalusCo
DavidK
sprayandpray
Interceptor_Knight
Flamethrower
Guillotine
Brad "Makin Pearls"
yfs200

So it looks like  nothing has changed.

Except that I look even better than before.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Mother nature has felt our pain and is going to provide a bright sunny day with temps near 50

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Mother nature has felt our pain and is going to provide a bright sunny day with temps near 50

Sweeet, I'll be there at about 8:30ish :) See ya there
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I am hoping to be there between 9:00-9:30. Maybe earlier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I am shooting for around 9:00ish.   Depends on whether or not I get my unemployed ass out of bed or not.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#32]
lol bit early for me, hate to get up early on weekends as thats when i catch up and i have a 2 hr drive I am thinking somewhere between 10 and noon "will be warmer by then anyway"
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I am shooting for around 9:00ish.   Depends on whether or not I get my unemployed ass out of bed or not.  

Cookies.......dangle................dangle.........................
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cookies.......dangle................dangle.........................

*eats the cookies* Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#35]
*pictureing DavidK eating cookies and watching a stopwatch to hit "Post" at exactly 5:56:00pm*

The extra day will be nice to get everything together.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#36]
O.K. Guys,  How much money do I need to bring?  Who's going to have what for sale?  I can see this being an expensive day!  I have a JP Bennie Cooley Tactical Comp that I'm looking to sell or trade for ???  I'll bring it along if anyones interested.  See ya Sun.

Stang
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
O.K. Guys,  How much money do I need to bring?  Who's going to have what for sale?  I can see this being an expensive day!  I have a JP Bennie Cooley Tactical Comp that I'm looking to sell or trade for ???  I'll bring it along if anyones interested.  See ya Sun.

Stang

I'm bringing a Bushmaster 14.5"/Phantom barrel
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I am bringing a lot of stuff, and I just fondled a Springfield XD45ACP this afternoon...

ETA  I just picked up another 100 or so .303 British if anybody has one that they want to shoot and don't have any ammo.  Otherwise I am bringing at least one Enfield to burn up some of this surplus .303.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I am bringing a lot of stuff, and I just fondled a Springfield XD45ACP this afternoon...

ETA  I just picked up another 100 or so .303 British if anybody has one that they want to shoot and don't have any ammo.  Otherwise I am bringing at least one Enfield to burn up some of this surplus .303.

Where'd you get the .303 and what kind is it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I have a Bren MK2 which runs at 500 a minute, give me 12 seconds at 100 rounds it will burn up that surplus, about 3 clips worth.

I know thats nasty.....sorry
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where'd you get the .303 and what kind is it?

Good news...  Bad news

Good news:  It is British military surplus that a guy sold to a local shop that I frequent.

Bad news:  I bought all they had, 8 boxes for a total of 256 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
*pictureing DavidK eating cookies and watching a stopwatch to hit "Post" at exactly 5:56:00pm*

Hehe.

I'm not working today, im at home and am so bored, im on arfcom at 8 am, it's sad.... :)

Anyone still interested in the club and ammo? :D

Tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#43]

I am sure someone, Id bring it whats a little extra space in the car. But ya everyone should take extra parts guns and the like they want to sell.  I cannot think of anything i need but i can be sucked in by an impulse buy.

anyway time to start getting everything ready and head to the store for the food
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe.

I'm not working today, im at home and am so bored, im on arfcom at 8 am, it's sad.... :)

Tomorrow!!!

I have a feeling that if you bring the Mosin with you that you won't have to bring it home with you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe.

Tomorrow!!!

I have a feeling that if you bring the Mosin with you that you won't have to bring it home with you.

Guillotine still wants it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Alright, just checking :) I'm gonna go make some Ramen, later :D  Also do you need me to bring cardboard for targets still?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I am all packed and ready to go tomorrow.  All I have to do is load all this stuff in my truck and I am ready to go.  I will probably be leaving the house at around 7:30 so I should be there around 9:00.  I am also bringing some stuff that I wouldn't mind not bringing back home with me.  I have to figure out a way to get the XD45ACP that I handled yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Won't be long now!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Well, I am all packed and ready to go tomorrow.  All I have to do is load all this stuff in my truck and I am ready to go.  I will probably be leaving the house at around 7:30 so I should be there around 9:00.  I am also bringing some stuff that I wouldn't mind not bringing back home with me.  I have to figure out a way to get the XD45ACP that I handled yesterday.

im gonna be there at like 7:30ish., I usually wake up at 6 so ill take a shower pack up and be gone by 6:20, be there around 730, plink for a hour before people start showing up... hey...

BUYING ALL .22 AMMO :D
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I discovered a broken sway bar linkage today on my truck. So ill have to get up pretty early as ill have to drive a bit slower to get there. . I am pretty sure I have everything needed,

Macaroni is cooking now, i have plates forks, s&p napkins and couple trash bags

out of curiosity anyone bringing a LMT MRP, id love to see one up close
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top