Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I discovered a broken sway bar linkage today on my truck. So ill have to get up pretty early as ill have to drive a bit slower to get there. .

Unless you normally drive 100MPH in your truck around corners, you probably will not even notice the link being broken except for a little noise going in and out of steep driveways.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Unless you normally drive 100MPH in your truck around corners

well i dont if you are a member of law enforcment

you probably will not even notice the link being broken except for a little noise going in and out of steep driveways.

Yup been driving on in well over a month, i am assuming it happened when i went off the road in the snow, Yup not too worried but i should prob keep it around 75 "= slower"
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Is somebody bringing buns for brats, hot dogs and burgers?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I discovered a broken sway bar linkage today on my truck. So ill have to get up pretty early as ill have to drive a bit slower to get there. .

Unless you normally drive 100MPH in your truck around corners, you probably will not even notice the link being broken except for a little noise going in and out of steep driveways.  

+1 Don't worry about it.  

For those of you that will be there before 9am, I probably wouldn't shoot anthing other than a .22, just out of courtesy in the off chance someone doesn't like being awakend by gunfire at 7:30 on a Sunday morning (who wouldn't!).  We gotta keep people that live near ranges happy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Most ranges near people have operational rules for hours of shooting.   I would be suprised if they allow shooting before 9:00AM.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in the area so I stopped by to inspect the range this afternoon. The thumper run atvs were plentiful! The trail runs parallel to the 500 yard range not more than 50 yards into the woods.

BRING BOOTS! It is very muddy on the walk downrange.
There is 2 feet of standing water in front of the 300yd berm. Hanging targets there will be challenging unless you have really tall boots/waders
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is somebody bringing buns for brats, hot dogs and burgers?

Yes I am

Bring the charcoal

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, that was a blast.
Anyone else's ears still ringing?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Not ringing but i got a hell of a sunburn on my face. And I get the louse of the month award , I FORGOT TO PAY!!!!, next time I'll throw a $20 in, lord know's i am out there enough

Thanks to everyone , it was a blast

MGHenry, I LOVE YOU!!!! no wait i hate you , or no maybe .... nevermind .anyway, I am definatly jelous, can't wait for pics,If you need help cleaning all those guns , you just shout , who could turn down a chance to fingerf**k all your guns again

Rog especialy liked the uzi, even some of the rounds did land in Omaha, I am going to have to cast my vote for the supressed mp5, (my underware are just getting out of the wash now)

Flamethrower, thanks for bringin the stands ( sorry we wrecked one with the stuff with the fun switches), targets and the bowling pins, they really added that extra flair to the event..

Everyone else thanks for coming, It was a blast to meet you all , anyone ever want to get together in the Green Bay area for a beer , just shout. Couldn't have met a nicer bunch.

On a closing note , when are we doing that again????

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
, can't wait for pics

Like This One?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]

I FORGOT TO PAY!!!!, next time I'll throw a $20 in, lord know's i am out there enough

I am betting many people forgot their $3 in the box. Thats not huge deal im thinking as long as you didnt forget Henry and Chris, and louie. I cannot say enough about those 3, great job and seriously nice of them to spend the time to pack them up bring them out and let us play. Today was almost like work for them, walking us through them all and Chris reloading mags all day for us. Especially since he couldnt shoot anything due to his sinuses. Just think now for the next week those 3 will be will be cleaning guns re-belting ammo and filling mags.

Great Job guys and it was highly apreciated

I am going to have to cast my vote for the supressed mp5,

Glad you liked MY gun , it definatly gets my vote as well but there were many others that we also enjoyable and also very likely that i might never get to shoot again.

Dale / Flame, also want to thank you for the targets grilling and the like, also much appreciated, The stands were much needed and the grilling was spot on

All in all this was a great day, got to shoot some amazing guns and met some seriously good guys, I cannot wait to see the pics/videos and can only hope some of you took a few of me "as i forgot my camera like a fool"

If all of my birthdays could be as enjoyable as this one was, i would die a happy man
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

As for NFA, calibers-223,9mm,45acp,308,8mm,5.7x28,22lr.....
the belt fed shoots 8mm at about 900rpm-MG34
MP5A3 with gemtech suppressor will be along also
ump45,g36k,mac,uzi mic,hk51m16

MGHenry......... You Rock!!!!

Thank You Very Much for sharing your guns with us!!!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Chris with all the reloading work you did all day even though you didn't do any shooting.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for your help MGLouie  

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#15]
The Bowling Pin Brigade failed to overtake our position.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to say that I had a great time and I want to thank everyone who made this a very fun day.  Thanks to DavidK (who I can't find any still pics of) and others who helped organize this and to those who brought the targets and food etc....  THANK YOU ALL!!!!

I will try and get all of the pics and video I have uploaded by tomorrow some time.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Part II

Interceptor thanks for the pics, they're great , the people at work lovem, or are just 1 step more scared than they were before.
The caption on the bowling pin pic had me in stitches

DavidK and MGLouie, thnks for puttin it all together , without you guys it never would've happened
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have a JP Bennie Cooley Tactical Comp that I'm looking to sell or trade for ???  I'll bring it along if anyones interested

I somehow missed the fact that the comp you showed me was for sale.   I had Machine Pistol on the brain
    Please IM or E-mail me with some details on what you are looking to get for it.   Your board E-mail and IM links are dissabled.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone who didn't get an E-mail or IM and needs the link to where the vids and pics are, just IM or E-mail me and I will send that to you.  The pics are all loaded, but I am still working on the vids.  I had 250MB of media total...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, that was a blast.
Anyone else's ears still ringing?

Glad everybody had fun, when your ears still ring a day later, either you had fun or forgot your ear muffs...I enjoyed meeting everybody and also the gun handling was excellent. It shows you all have the skills. Full auto takes a little time to adjust to, but when the guns were getting hot, you all turned into KILLERS!!!  

I will be cleaning the guns for about 2-3 years, so if I do not get on the site, you will know what I am up to.....I will also count the rounds fired, for the fun of it.

Sounds like our birthday boy had a good day, and has adopted the MP5!!
Thank you for the help, it was a little dark at the end of the shoot.

Louis is back at the range cleaning up...thank you Louis and for the help on the range.

The food was excellent, thank you to flamethrower for the brats and burgers, and the noodle salid was great-CrotalusCo.

The targets stands worked perfectly and the pins fell just right!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow!! All I can say is that it was probaly the funnest day I've ever had. I had so much fun.

Big thanks to the following:

MGHenry- Responsible for all the NFA toys, ammunition, and the know-how. We really appreciate you doing this for us, I know it was alot of work and just wanted to say thanks again, I had a blast, and hope to do it again sometime!!!

MGLouie- Responsible for hooking us up with Henry for the NFA items, and yours were cool as well!! Thanks much!!

And Chris, who is Henry/Louie's friend and was our designated ammo loader all day without shooting 1 gun :(((  Thanks a bunch.

Then a big thanks to Dale and Flamethrower! Without Flamethrower we'd have been screwed, he brought the target stands, targets, bowling pins, poppers, food, grill, cooler, etc.... thanks alot man! I really appreciate it!!!

And Dale for... bringing a grill and making me a brat that tasted like lighter fluid and gun powder ;) (just kidding)

Thanks alot guys!!!! I really appreciate it and hope to do it again someday :)

--------

The Mp5 with Suppressor, M4a1, Mk2 w/ suppressor, were the highlights of my day :) Thanks!!

-David
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Interceptor, can you put the videos in a format other than >MOV? I don't have quicktime :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Interceptor, can you put the videos in a format other than >MOV? I don't have quicktime :)

It's a free download.

www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Just unclick all of the garbage for the extras and download.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a free download.

www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Just unclick all of the garbage for the extras and download.

Dial up... that would take me 15 hours to download!! My connection cuts out every couple hours as well, so it's theoretically impossible for me to DL that, if you could just put the videos of me in WMV format that'd be great.. if not just let me know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#26]
If there is enough interest and  if Interceptor_Knight and any others with footage dont mind. I can put them all together in DVD format and burn them. Mail everyone a copy and maybe watch on your TV. Ill focus on the video and if room maybe even a slideshow of all the photos

Assuming i can get it all to come together and your dvd player isnt too old that it will play them.
Ill do a couple test runs just to see if i can work this all correctly
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
If you have time to do this, that would be cool.  I am short on time for the next week, so I didn't volunteer to do anything additional with it yet.   It should easily fit on 1 DVD as it is just under 256MB of info total.  It can even be burned to CD in a pinch in its current format as a CD holds 750MB of info, although it would be cool to play it on a DVD for those who prefer it.   With one copy, I could take the image and host it for a bit for those with their own burners to keep the initial cost down.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#28]
well changing it to DVD format will increase its size some. But i though maybe id add yours and the others into one disk people can hang on and just plop it into the dvd every so often. I mean heck i have all this high end software about time i learn to use it. My dvd player will play AVI from CDr but i know many others dont have that ability.

as for leaving as comp files, it might be better to leave them smaller individule files for faster loading. But heck whatever most people would like
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Well I just wanted to start off by saying. Thanks Henry, Louie, and Chris. We had a great time. Thank you for bringing all that you did and for working as much as you all did. I took great joy in knowing that my nephew and his friend had a great time shooting your hardware. It is very honerable of you to allow others to put miles on your expensive equipment. Thank you.
BTW Henry I will let you keep storing my MP5 over by you for the time being.

Thank you to all that helped me set up and tear down. Doing it alone is a pain in the ass. Thank you all very much.

Dale thanks for the help with cooking and everything. Thanks for listening to me yammer. Sometimes I get out of hand. I always had trouble keeping my big trap shut.

Dave thanks for all that you did in getting this together. You are a good guy and fun to talk to. Hopefully we will see you at more of the matches.

CrotalusCo Thanks for bringing the food and salt and pepper, plates and forks. I foget stuff sometimes and that was it. Thanks for letting me shoot your PX4. If you want to get rid of it let me know, I'll give you $200 for it.

Sprayandpray, sorry man I just can't remember you name. Thanks for the sodas they hit the spot. Can you find out from your friend where he got his ring tones from. I loved them and want to be a copy cat.

Sorry if I failed to mention everyone by name. That said thanks to all and I hope everyone went home happy.
I know when I finally got home and got everything put away, and showered it was about 9. I was burnt literally and figuratively. It took all of  my remaining energy to keep my eyes open long enough to watch the Simpsons and Family Guy, before I crashed for the night.

Brad shot some movies as well. I will see what he has and if he is putting it on disk.  
I need the links to IK's movies if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Brad and I took a ton of pics, he's got them on CD, hopefully I can host them soon and get them up...we also have some video footage that we are working on taking out of the raw...

thanks everyone, thanks MGHenry and MGLouie and Chris for everything from ammo loading, to letting me use your equipment to showing me how to use it, you guys rawk...it was a lot of fun being able to mow faces and pwn n00bs with the NFA stuff(even if the faces and n00bs were only cardboard and bowling pins)  and thanks davidk, i'm enjoying the M44.  and Flame, of course, but he needs no thanks from me, he is always just grateful for any time that I happen to grace his presence with my awesomeness...lol...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Sprayandpray, sorry man I just can't remember you name. Thanks for the sodas they hit the spot. Can you find out from your friend where he got his ring tones from. I loved them and want to be a copy cat.

My name is Dan, Don't worry about forgetting , I am having trouble remembering everything but whare the Fun switch was on henry's toy's.

the ringtones are from nextel.com , policevoice 1 and policevoice 2. sounds like when I left Early I missed some good stuff. It will not happen again, Wish I knew Louie was going out to clean up, I wouldve given him a hand.

I am trying to get Rog (the guy I who tried so desperatly to run henry out of ammo , and failed miserably) , to get in here , but he has been swamped , He just got back from a month on the road and we are both in Laredo next week. After that things should slow down,

Hope there was enought soda, The Mtn Dew was lookin thin when I left , hope everything held out.

Can't say It enough , hope you all had a great time , I know I did.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmm bit quiet today after yesterday. Wonder if everyone is sleeping like i should be. I didnt sleep at all last night i was so pumped. Jeesh i still cant stop thinking about yesterday
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah thanks guys, Flamer it was nice meeting you as well, sorry I didn't hang out with you more ands help you break down more, next time I see you I'll give ya $5 for the food.

Still debating on whether or not to come to any springbrook matches, :) Don't want to create waves with jay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#34]
First off, what a great time meeting everyone. I’m glad fun was had by all. What a great way to spend a beautiful early spring day.

CrotalusCo…happy birthday man, may all your parties be as fun and great Mac salad

Interceptor_Knight…great pics and vids

sprayandpray…thanks for the soda, I think it was all gone when we left

Flamethrower…thanks for all of the stuff you brought, the target stands were great and the chow was right on. That Bowling Pin Brigade never stood long.

MGChris…way to step up with reloading magazines, next time you will be shooting what you load

Dalesimpson…for the grilling goodness

I know I’m missing personal props to others, thanks for making a great get together awesome.

I picked up a 5 gallon pail of steel cases and half of a 5 gallon pail of brass, that’s more steel and brass than that range sees in months. There was an old guy there today that scrounges brass and he told me he cleaned up last week. Was he surprised.

Wait till next time. Henry and I will bring another friend that will make a grown man say “I love you” and give him a hug. Please tell me it’s on video.

Even the locals that showed up to see what was going on had a blast.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah it was great!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Was thinking today, the young local that came to ask if he could shoot. Dont forget to email him the photos so he can send to his father. He will be one proud papa
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I did an ammo count and this is what i went through sunday

250 rnds of .40
650 rds 9mm " I loved that MP5"
760 rds .223

This doesnt count what i shot of Henry's ammo "8mm, 7.5, .308, .45"
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

250 rnds of .40
760 rds .223

I am still gearing up to clean guns and ammo count. Probably be a few days yet, I suspect I will spend at least one hour per gun cleaning. I go beyond field stripping and usually smell like cleaning fluid for a week. I will try to do the ammo count first.

The MP5 will need special treatment, I will treat your new adopted baby with extreme care!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:00:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If there is enough interest and  if Interceptor_Knight and any others with footage dont mind. I can put them all together in DVD format and burn them. Mail everyone a copy and maybe watch on your TV. Ill focus on the video and if room maybe even a slideshow of all the photos

Assuming i can get it all to come together and your dvd player isnt too old that it will play them.
Ill do a couple test runs just to see if i can work this all correctly

Have you tried to convert any files yet?  I tried to convert the .mov files I have to MPEG files which is a necessary step in creating a DVD format disc.  There is a compatibility issue with the .mov file compression.  I am going to check out some new software after work tonight and hopefully have better success.    There should be no problem making a DVD slideshow with any of the pictures we have as the pictures are in a standard jpeg format.  
Next time I will bring my Digital 8 video camera  and this will not be an issue, as everything is directly usable and infinitely editable.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#40]

The MP5 will need special treatment, I will treat your new adopted baby with extreme care!!

Heck if i was closer id come clean it

Have you tried to convert any files yet? I tried to convert the .mov files I have to MPEG files which is a necessary step in creating a DVD format disc. There is a compatibility issue with the .mov file compression. I am going to check out some new software after work tonight and hopefully have better success. There should be no problem making a DVD slideshow with any of the pictures we have as the pictures are in a standard jpeg format.

None of my software is liking MOV, grrr apple I will do a internet search for software that is recomended then search torrents to see if i can find it when i get the chance. Was really waiting to see if some of the others would get some stuff posted
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I found some new software and am in the process of attempting to convert from the current format to MPEG.  If I am successful, then not only will you be able to view a file easier, but we will then be able to make a DVD of the film.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#42]
alright guys, although this is pretty much mainly Brad, Flame, and myself...here's a vid that Brad put together...I should have pics hosted a little later, probably next week...

oh, and can someone IM me the link to the other vid, cuz I wanna see that one too.

Right Click, Save As...Please
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
alright guys, although this is pretty much mainly Brad, Flame, and myself...here's a vid that Brad put together...I should have pics hosted a little later, probably next week...

oh, and can someone IM me the link to the other vid, cuz I wanna see that one too.

Wow!  Nice, just nice.  Looks like you guys had a buncha fun.  Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I just need a job where i can do that every day, nice clip
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#45]
That was Awesome!!!!  
I am looking forward to you posting the still pictures.  

I am dead in the water with converting my vids.    There is a problem with the compression format of the digital camera and converting the files.  I am definitely bringing the digital video camera next time and just using my regular digital camera for stills.   I can burn my vids to a CD, but not a DVD player compatible format.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
None of my software is liking MOV, grrr apple I will do a internet search for software that is recomended then search torrents to see if i can find it when i get the chance.

It isn't the .mov format, it appears to be the compression of the digital camera.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#47]
alright, got some of the pics formatted(had a little bit of time, i'll try and get them all up later)

Pictures
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#48]
All videos are now loaded and the remainder of the pictures are in the  video directory.
Please IM me if you do not already have the links to the pictures and the videos.  Please download whatever you want to save for yourself.  I will keep the stuff up for a while, and then will be taking it back down because of the limited storage space and monthly bandwidth I currently have available.    It is because of the limited bandwidth that I do not just post the links on the board.   I will be putting everything I have onto a CD soon.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Awesome!!!       Great job on the video.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

250 rnds of .40
760 rds .223

I am still gearing up to clean guns and ammo count. Probably be a few days yet, I suspect I will spend at least one hour per gun cleaning. I go beyond field stripping and usually smell like cleaning fluid for a week. I will try to do the ammo count first.

I have a close tally on ammo used....about  6000 rounds
200-22lr,1500-9mm,500-5.7x28,1000-223,1000-45acp,500-308, 1500-8mm

back to cleaning!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top