Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they are going to shut down all the military bases to civilian and "non-essential" personnel.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Nine individuals in Aspen tested “presumptive positive” for coronavirus, or COVID-19, on Wednesday, making Aspen the site of the state’s largest outbreak cluster, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment officials said Wednesday.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-isolation-order-violation/73-f0d1326d-15b4-4936-b78f-2fab36c43332
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone seeing meat in stock at the area costcos? I am trying to avoid wasted trips. South of Denver area would be best.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Heads up for the Fruita guys.   I had to pick up a prescription at the Fruita city market a couple days ago, the annual migration of ski town mountain bikers is hitting earlier than usual for obvious reasons.   Some of them are coming from Covid hot spots.

I can’t risk bringing that crap home to the wife who has bad asthma so I’ll be staying clear of that place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone seeing meat in stock at the area costcos? I am trying to avoid wasted trips. South of Denver area would be best.
View Quote
Parker Costco has some meat.  Steaks and pork.  They ran out of ground beef but were making more. This was at 2pm 3-17-20
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Parker Costco has some meat.  Steaks and pork.  They ran out of ground beef but were making more. This was at 2pm 3-17-20
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Kids home from school through April 17th now. And no gatherings of 10 or more people.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/colorado-covid-19-relief-fund/73-220bf584-27bc-4543-97bb-0ed19bcb4b11
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Kids home from school through April 17th now. And no gatherings of 10 or more people.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/colorado-covid-19-relief-fund/73-220bf584-27bc-4543-97bb-0ed19bcb4b11
View Quote
Wow. I guess I'm not really surprised though...
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]
San Miguel County (Telluride) is going to test all its residents.

https://telluridemagazine.com/shelter-in-place/

Also, they have multiple children under 4 with "serious symptoms."
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeffco is releasing a bunch of prisoners early due to coronavirus apparently.

Stay safe!

article
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Montrose has one case. Ought to make my job interesting
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Montrose has one case. Ought to make my job interesting
View Quote

Didn’t you guys just test a number of people yesterday?  When those results roll in we should have some better idea of what we are dealing with.

On another note, we are just not going out in public at all.  Grocery stores are picked thru anyway.  But, I was thinking we could start running low on food if this keeps up.
Had kind of a light bulb moment, even if it was a dim bulb.

I called Old world meat in GJ to see if they had anything.
They have EVERYTHING.  Probably any W slope butcher shop will be the same.   They had just ground 600# of beef and had enough of any kind of meat to make you think it was just another day.

Stay safe Kiltman.

Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy cow.   From the article-

Telluride is a small, rural town, with high epidemiological risk factors and a limited amount of medical supplies. Health officials said that we need to be proactive. A local couple affiliated with United Biomedical made a generous offer—the company’s COVID-19 antibody tests are being made available for free to all residents county-wide. The plan is to follow up with testing in two weeks, to determine how the virus is spreading. It’s still unclear how testing will proceed, whether it will be a drive-through station or if volunteers will go door to door, and who will be tested first. But if we can identify and isolate people with the virus we can decelerate its transmission.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Didn't you guys just test a number of people yesterday?  When those results roll in we should have some better idea of what we are dealing with.

On another note, we are just not going out in public at all.  Grocery stores are picked thru anyway.  But, I was thinking we could start running low on food if this keeps up.

They have EVERYTHING.  Probably any W slope butcher shop will be the same.   They had just ground 600# of beef and had enough of any kind of meat to make you think it was just another day.

Stay safe Kiltman.

View Quote
Seems testing results are 3-5 days behind.
If/when they have more tests results I think the numbers are going to climb a lot.
I have accepted this shit is everywhere by now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Didn’t you guys just test a number of people yesterday?  When those results roll in we should have some better idea of what we are dealing with.

Stay safe Kiltman.

View Quote

Thanks man, you too. Weve been finding little stores here and there with stuff as well. Topped off a couple gas tanks last night, and mo day I'm going to go through and take inventory of what we have and what we need.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems testing results are 3-5 days behind.
If/when they have more tests results I think the numbers are going to climb a lot.
I have accepted this shit is everywhere by now.
View Quote

Starting to wonder of it hasn't been here for a bit. Our area was swept by a nasty bug over the winter time that no one was really able to get diagnosed
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#18]
It's here. Bigly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The San Juan County Sheriff says, Locals only:

https://imgur.com/a/IrVlZu8
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The San Juan County Sheriff says, Locals only:

https://imgur.com/a/IrVlZu8
View Quote

San Miguel went to shelter in place too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably not coronavirus then. Not a single child under the age of 10 has died from coronavirus, and symptoms are generally mild.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Eagle county is hammered, 74 cases.    They don’t need to be coming to Fruita for their mt biking fix.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Starting to wonder of it hasn't been here for a bit. Our area was swept by a nasty bug over the winter time that no one was really able to get diagnosed
View Quote

We may have crossed paths, I'm up in Delta. It's funny, someone in my office was expressing the same sentiment last week. Neg flu, neg biofire, with bad URI sxs starting a few weeks after all that Norovirus slowed down in mid Jan. I wonder. Luckily, Delta has stopped testing Corona, so we remain undefeated!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's here. Bigly.
View Quote

@ecgRN
What do you think, testing is showing maybe 20% of the true numbers?  50%?

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
A few observations made today--I got to King Soopers 15 minutes before opening time of 7am.  There was quite a line of people waiting at the door, most were doing the six foot 'safe spacing' thing, some were not.  When the doors opened everyone rushed inside, I made my usual counterclockwise perambulation of the store.  By the time I got to the toilet paper all that was left were a few large packages of the expensive/high class TP.  Flour, sugar, yeast, all gone, and only white cornmeal was left (who uses white cornmeal? lol).  No liquid hand soap left, either, so I bought a couple of bars of Ivory instead.  The meat counter was heavily picked over, too, etc., etc.

I had to visit Best Buy this afternoon, they have an interesting sales model going on--they had a dozen employees out front wearing yellow vests.  No customers were allowed inside the store; you told them what you wanted, or used their BB app on your phone, and they brought it out to you.  It was time consuming.  I wonder how that's gonna last.

One other thing--I hadn't seen any street corner signboard dancers in years, but they're on every corner now, trying to entice customers to their restaurants and such.  To go/carryout only, of course.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, I really don’t want to make a supply run, but I think I’m going to.   Ironically, the only thing I would need will be TP in a few weeks.

I need to run out to the desert with a brick of 22 for a few hours.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Denver "stay at home" by the Mayor, starts 5pm tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Denver "stay at home" by the Mayor, starts 5pm tomorrow
View Quote

I was watching that.  Best luck down there.  

Mesa county looks like 4 or 5 cases.

Montrose did a bunch of testing of “high risk” people.  I heard 1k tested?   Anybody heard about that?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Montrose was Nat Guard down at the Event Center, no info if that continues beyond today. Supposedly it was for only 100 pre-selected individuals. I don't know the status of Mesa County Testing, but Delta is a "no-test zone", unless you're admitted, anyways.

It's not surprising that western slope numbers are not rising faster, between the human spacing and lack of testing in the region. Montrose did have #2 today. Delta county remains undefeated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Boulder issued a stay-at-home order (through April 10) this evening, but it's full of exceptions.  And check out the liquor-store line.  People need to get their drink on.

https://www.dailycamera.com/2020/03/23/boulder-issues-stay-at-home-order-to-fight-spread-of-coronavirus/
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
A reasonably informative article about Polis and his approach (local versus statewide control).

https://www.dailycamera.com/2020/03/24/colorado-jared-polis-stay-home-shelter-in-place-coronavirus/
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#33]
GJ sams club was really stocked up today.  I’m not going to the store again  for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#34]
On 3/6 I went to the Costco in 'Springs (Nevada) and it was crowded.  I packed my car, but then again, I bought six bags of planting soil, motor oil (good price) and food of course.

Any good website to show where covid19 is at in Colorado?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
On 3/6 I went to the Costco in 'Springs (Nevada) and it was crowded.  I packed my car, but then again, I bought six bags of planting soil, motor oil (good price) and food of course.

Any good website to show where covid19 is at in Colorado?
View Quote

I haven't seen a better source than the govt numbers at https://covid19.colorado.gov/data
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Eagle county is hammered, 74 cases.    They don’t need to be coming to Fruita for their mt biking fix.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty decent article that covers the healthcare-getting-ready perspective.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/24/colorado-coronavirus-cases-climbing-surge/
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody see the tricounty stay home directive that they are putting out?  It referenced gun stores as being exempt.  It said that they didn't want to interfere with the 2nd amendment AND that they wanted police to have access to additional firearms.  First, the gun counters that I have seen are empty so good luck.  Second, why wouldn't their armory cover them?  Why would they need access to a civilian gun store?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pretty decent article that covers the healthcare-getting-ready perspective.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/24/colorado-coronavirus-cases-climbing-surge/
View Quote

Based off the numbers on that site I’m assuming COS will “close” in a matter of days.

They’re trending up at basic at the forecasted rate...
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anybody see the tricounty stay home directive that they are putting out?  It referenced gun stores as being exempt.  It said that they didn't want to interfere with the 2nd amendment AND that they wanted police to have access to additional firearms.  First, the gun counters that I have seen are empty so good luck.  Second, why wouldn't their armory cover them?  Why would they need access to a civilian gun store?
View Quote

They knew it would be controversial to close them, and just mumbled some platitudes to save face.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Montrose was Nat Guard down at the Event Center, no info if that continues beyond today. Supposedly it was for only 100 pre-selected individuals. I don't know the status of Mesa County Testing, but Delta is a "no-test zone", unless you're admitted, anyways.

It's not surprising that western slope numbers are not rising faster, between the human spacing and lack of testing in the region. Montrose did have #2 today. Delta county remains undefeated.
View Quote

At least that they've reported
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Who else had their phone go off just now?
Larimer just went the way of the tri county declaration to stay at home
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who else had their phone go off just now?
Larimer just went the way of the tri county declaration to stay at home
View Quote
Yup the website must be overloaded. It won't load for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yup the website must be overloaded. It won't load for me.
View Quote
Just got mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Does this mean I can stay home from work?

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does this mean I can stay home from work?

View Quote
Lots of traffic today and the last few days, but Old Town is an absolute ghost town.  It's weird.  

I wonder what it'll look like tonight.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Statewide rule now in place.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Grocery stores were nearly bare of eggs and bread, meat was definitely low, plenty of produce in the Aurora area just now.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Phew. Liquor stores, pot shops, and gun dealers are essential under the statewide order. Might have to buy a crisis gun as a momento, something to remember this craziness by.

If not, guess I can still get beer.

Stay safe everyone.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lots of traffic today and the last few days, but Old Town is an absolute ghost town.  It's weird.  

I wonder what it'll look like tonight.
View Quote

Had to run the wife up to her office for some supplies. Drake and College took forever to get through. But everywhere else seemed empty af
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top