Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Leaving work to go to the store on the way home...am I asking to stroke out? What the gen pop doing in the FTC?

Don't "need" anything, but I think I'm out of ice cream.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leaving work to go to the store on the way home...am I asking to stroke out? What the gen pop doing in the FTC?

View Quote

Bought two more tubs of Tillamook while I was out today
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay at home order from polis. Surprised to see it had gun stores labeled as essential.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our Costco run last Friday came home with two tubs of vanilla... we NEVER buy ice cream. Quarantining in style!
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stay at home order from polis. Surprised to see it had gun stores labeled as essential.
View Quote

He's done so many dumb ass things, he probably figured he'd get lynched if he didn't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

And it will be completely unenforceable just like all the others. Carry around a Snickers bar in a Target bag everywhere you go and say you're coming back from grocery shopping anytime the Gestapo pulls you over to check your papers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you provide a link to this ? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

They sent out a statewide cell phone alert.

Is your Googling hand broken?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/polis-issues-statewide-stay-at-home-order/
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weed and liquor are essential per Gov.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Jesus, they're in such a rush to trample our natural rights they can't even be bothered to proofread the official FAQ from the Governor's office.

I'm half way through and have noticed half a dozen typographical/grammatical errors.

Polis is a fucking embarrassment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Jesus, they're in such a rush to trample our natural rights they can't even be bothered to proofread the official FAQ from the Governor's office.

I'm half way through and have noticed half a dozen typographical/grammatical errors.

Polis is a fucking embarrassment.
View Quote
Well, at least they named gun stores twice.  Does that mean they are extra, extra essential?

I'd say so.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
1.  Go to King Soopers.
2.  Buy Haagen Dazs Cherry Vanilla ice cream.
3.  Thank me later.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone in San Miguel County (Telluride) who has additional info on this?
Looks like United Biomedical Inc. (UBI) is running a pilot test for the ENTIRE county?

Countywide COVID-19 testing to begin this week
The new company began developing a blood test for the virus, which screens specifically for antibodies that act as the virus's unique fingerprint in the bloodstream.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like United Biomedical Inc. (UBI) is running a pilot test for the ENTIRE county?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've read elsewhere what it said it this article.   Some higher-ups at the lab are among the big-money folks in T-ride, and they offered it to the county even before there were any confirmed cases (I checked the CDPHE site after hearing about this on the radio).  The county was also one of the first to go to a shutdown, and one of the other things that I think I heard on the radio was equivalent to "non-residents, GTFO"

On one hand some wide-spread testing is useful for statisticians, but on the other hand they are not exactly representative of the population centers that are driving shutdowns.  

I thought I read yesterday or the day before that New Mexico is very much behind CO on testing capability, which makes this look like a vanity project.

ETA - I don't live anywhere near there, just stream a radio station from the area
ETA - just today Ouray County decides not to pursue similar testing   https://www.ouraynews.com/news/doctors-covid-19-blood-antibody-test-wont-help-us-now
“Don’t waste this money on a test that will not help now,” Yeowell said. “It will help with data, it will help with epidemiological data later down the road …It will not help us now.”
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They knew it would be controversial to close them, and just mumbled some platitudes to save face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody see the tricounty stay home directive that they are putting out?  It referenced gun stores as being exempt.  It said that they didn't want to interfere with the 2nd amendment AND that they wanted police to have access to additional firearms.  First, the gun counters that I have seen are empty so good luck.  Second, why wouldn't their armory cover them?  Why would they need access to a civilian gun store?

They knew it would be controversial to close them, and just mumbled some platitudes to save face.

Hopefully that is the case.  Part of me wondered if that was a way to make anit-2A er's feel better, but my tin foil hat got tingly too....we shall see I guess.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Thankfully I am essential.  I guess.  My shop is open.  And as I am a one person operation it's not like I have to have contact with anyone.  In fact I don't.  Customers who actually come to see me have to leave there car in the lot.  I keep my front door locked.  Then I grab the car, do the work, get payment over the phone and done.

Sadly with German cars as a specialty, most of my customer base is not essential.  Or is on stay at home so don't need their cars worked on.

Did do some maintenance on a RN who wanted to make sure she didn't need to worry about her vehicle in all this.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#19]
There sure was a lot of traffic up north today, I hardly noticed any difference from yesterday.  Seems people aren't really reacting to the order.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There sure was a lot of traffic up north today, I hardly noticed any difference from yesterday.  Seems people aren't really reacting to the order.
View Quote

About 6pm, wife and I decided to hit up the north Kings in loveland. There was no one on the road. Like it was noticeable. And eerie.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Going to pack up the dorm room today.  We'll see how many folks are oot and aboot.

Could be interesting
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much the same on the Western Slope.  The lockdown days actually seem busier than the non-lockdown days earlier this week.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Seems like business as usual in the FTC.

We'll see what Greeley looks like in a few. The UNC campus should look like a ghost town...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#24]
All of you guys out on the road (like me) wondering why everyone out on the road.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All of you guys out on the road (like me) wondering why everyone out on the road.

View Quote

I made a food run to Soopers with my 3M 6900 on (I don't have any paper masks, but tons of P100 respirator filters). Forgot how uncomfortable that thing is. Less odd looks than I expected with maybe 20% of people reacting with looks or a nervous laugh. About 1/3 of the shoppers had their own P95/P100 masks on and about 3/4 wore gloves.

All the while the PA system droned on about social distancing and staying healthy and people coughing. Surreal guys.

Deconned the stuff with 70% IPA before transferring into the house. That's our last run for a month I think. They were completely sold out of canned goods, bulk stuff like pasta/rice/beans, TP/Towels, eggs and the meat was down to about 1/3 of normal. They had some bread, veggies, milk, cheese and lots of beer. Really surprised on the beer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#26]
70% IPA...I want some.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
70% IPA...I want some.
View Quote

I bought 3 of these before they ran out:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4P56RQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The IPA works really well in these... before they ran out again:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081DBL361/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]

On the off chance you're talking about the drinkin kind of IPA, I have 100 of those stashed too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Not an off chance at all. Lol.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Picked up an Northwest IPA homebrew kit from Quirky Homebrew a couple weeks ago too. Prepared to reload some of those bottles...
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pitcher's is selling growlers for $15 including the jug.  

Open til 11pm for carryout.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got an email from one of my local brew pubs saying the same lol. "Essential Business" my ass ahahahah
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I went to Home Depot today in HR for some construction supplies. It was pretty busy with all types of folks. People tried to stay 6 feet apart, but it's hard to do. There is such an odd sense of nervousness in the air. This was my only trip out in a week. I found out that Whole Foods delivers, so we are doing that. They still have a decent meat selection and will drop it off at the door. Between that and Amazon, I am able to make it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Costco in Springs open?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Back in the covid corral today.

It is my new norm.

Joy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I went shopping at the local King Soopers wearing my N95 and gloved up.  Didn't get a single stare or comment.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I went shopping at the local King Soopers wearing my N95 and gloved up.  Didn't get a single stare or comment.
View Quote

I don't have any N95 masks but I kinda want some. I have tons of gloves though, I use them a lot for my business.

I wear gloves everytime I go out now. I wash the outside of the gloves before I take them off. I sanitize my phone when I return to my house every time I go out.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#40]
While important to pay attention to what is going on around you realize that there are .06% of the population in CO have confirmed COVID-19.  If you times the tested positive by 25 to 50 to get an idea of how many silent carriers gives you 1.4 - 2.9% of the population at the top end of the probability spectrum for possible contagious people.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:12:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
While important to pay attention to what is going on around you realize that there are .06% of the population in CO have confirmed COVID-19.  If you times the tested positive by 25 to 50 to get an idea of how many silent carriers gives you 1.4 - 2.9% of the population at the top end of the probability spectrum for possible contagious people.

View Quote
That's a good point.  People are getting skittish around other people out there.

I picked up some food this evening, and as I was leaving, a woman was walking in with her kid - neither of us saw each other.  

When we came face to face (still *easily* 6 feet apart), she would have backed up more slowly had I pulled out a machete.  

The tension out there is palpable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The stats that I saw yesterday morning were 17k people had tested and sub 2,700 cases existed.  Obviously their are going to be a lot of people who end up with it who never get tested, but the point is that overall exposure is exceptionally low and even people who consider themselves high risk or have symptoms and get tested have it at a low rate.

In all seriousness, when did it become so bad for people to die?  That is a serious question.  What was the point in history where we started having to save everyone.  Where is the personal responsibility of protecting yourself if you are at high risk so the rest of the world can function?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The stats that I saw yesterday morning were 17k people had tested and sub 2,700 cases existed.  Obviously their are going to be a lot of people who end up with it who never get tested, but the point is that overall exposure is exceptionally low and even people who consider themselves high risk or have symptoms and get tested have it at a low rate.

In all seriousness, when did it become so bad for people to die?  That is a serious question.  What was the point in history where we started having to save everyone.  Where is the personal responsibility of protecting yourself if you are at high risk so the rest of the world can function?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might feel different when I'm in my 70s, but people in their 80s had a pretty damned good run of things compared to most of human history. I'm OK with the hospitals triaging folks on their last decade if it helps save productive people in their 20/30/40s. I have two grandparents left, both in their 80s that this will probably take.

This virus may impact life expectancy going forward if you have a family history of developing certain medical conditions late in life. Its a tough pill to swallow. Fuck China.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is one of the results of convincing people that health care is a “right”. Democrats and the media took this ball and ran with it. I guarantee this virus and the never ending parade of people they drag out who were bankrupted by medical bills from catching it will be used to propel a massive push towards universal healthcare if Biden wins in November.

We’ve still got a looooong way to go for corona to kill as many people as the flu did last year and if the numbers the fear mongers are telling people will die don’t materialize it will hopefully be a massive wake up call for America that we need to stop being so easily manipulated.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#45]
41 with no underlying conditions that they are aware of
https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/41-year-old-el-paso-county-deputy-dies-from-covid-19/

They estimate actual cases could be as much as 10x the reported cases.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
41 with no underlying conditions that they are aware of
https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/41-year-old-el-paso-county-deputy-dies-from-covid-19/

They estimate actual cases could be as much as 10x the reported cases.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#47]
The people I see that are sick, are really really sick.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The people I see that are sick, are really really sick.

View Quote
That's what I've been told by a family member that is in the middle of it.
Had 10 people come in and 7 were on vents the next day and one had passed in less than 48hrs after admittance.
(That info is a few days old, haven't talked to them lately)
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Could very well be in my AO.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Could very well be in my AO.
View Quote
Strong possibility if you're in NOCO.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top