User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

IIRC, the law bans manufacture in WA unless it’s for the purpose of LE or Mil sales.  I could be wrong about that though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mstennes

Why would Aero move? They just relocated a year or so ago. All their employees are here. They won't be able to sell to us WA residents, but moving wouldn't solve that. Look at other gun manufacturers over the last 50 years. They just don't sell to those of us who are betrayed by politicians.

IIRC, the law bans manufacture in WA unless it’s for the purpose of LE or Mil sales.  I could be wrong about that though.

It did originally but now it got amended, so it's not doing that anymore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It did originally but now it got amended, so it's not doing that anymore.
View Quote

So let me get this straight:  The Democrats want these ‘weapons of war of the streets’ but they have no problem selling them to citizens in other states.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So let me get this straight:  The Democrats want these ‘weapons of war of the streets’ but they have no problem selling them to citizens in other states.
View Quote

Just something else to add into the lawsuit. These hypocrite communist MFs
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@mstennes

Why would Aero move? They just relocated a year or so ago. All their employees are here. They won't be able to sell to us WA residents, but moving wouldn't solve that. Look at other gun manufacturers over the last 50 years. They just don't sell to those of us who are betrayed by politicians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Careful! Posting that may get you a free ticket to the new democrat reeducation camps!

That’s their end game for us racist white magas. I got a email today from one of my reps (Maycumber) who said they are doing what they can, but with the numbers she’s not being hopeful. I did thank her for her honesty. It sucks they can do this to us, and drive business out of business. Aero won’t be here much longer.

@mstennes

@sizzlin_bacon

First off our democrats have a war on now against FFL’s, they won’t stop, if this bill becomes law and they can’t sell to Washington residents, or manufacture why would they stay? Yes they got a new building they can also sell it. Business that has to deal with to much bullshit and government who wants you gone, guess what you leave where it is easier to conduct business.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@sizzlin_bacon

First off our democrats have a war on now against FFL’s, they won’t stop, if this bill becomes law and they can’t sell to Washington residents, or manufacture why would they stay? Yes they got a new building they can also sell it. Business that has to deal with to much bullshit and government who wants you gone, guess what you leave where it is easier to conduct business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Careful! Posting that may get you a free ticket to the new democrat reeducation camps!

That’s their end game for us racist white magas. I got a email today from one of my reps (Maycumber) who said they are doing what they can, but with the numbers she’s not being hopeful. I did thank her for her honesty. It sucks they can do this to us, and drive business out of business. Aero won’t be here much longer.

@mstennes

@sizzlin_bacon

I just figured since the law was amended, they'd stay til it became impossible. I wouldn't blame them, nor be surprised if/when they leave either. It might make sense for them to relocate to Florida to be next to/near their subsidiary Ballistic Advantage. I didn't intend my comment to be accusatory toward you. Makes me wonder what several FFLs near Bham will do
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know which orgs are specifically planning to challenge these bills in court?

FPC? SAF? Someone else?

Time to send a check. I want it to go to the coming case against these bills but I'm not sure who is at bat on this
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just figured since the law was amended, they'd stay til it became impossible. I wouldn't blame them, nor be surprised if/when they leave either. It might make sense for them to relocate to Florida to be next to/near their subsidiary Ballistic Advantage. I didn't intend my comment to be accusatory toward you. Makes me wonder what several FFLs near Bham will do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mstennes

@sizzlin_bacon

No offense even taken, I was just pointing out that Aero is a very successful business and they have to see where this state is headed and unless Bobby and Jay are sent packing (doubtful) things are only going to continue to get worse. This state hates all things firearms, they hate all non green business and they do t care who or what they destroy to achieve their dream.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Apr 14Amendment ruled beyond the scope and object of the bill.
House refuses to concur in Senate amendments. Asks Senate to recede
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope. Don't do it Senate!

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I got a good laugh out of this.  I'm sure there will be a lot of phone calls and emails going on this weekend between house/senate democrats.  

I'm not very hopeful, but if they can't figure it out soon (this upcoming week), they'll hit the deadline and the bill will be dead.  Maybe the Republicans can throw a wrench in the works if they wait too long so they can run out the clock.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Done.

The idea that our men and women of the armed services would be forced sell their property if they receive orders to transfer to a base in WA state is outrageous.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Worse case, Soldier’s on PCS orders can always store their weapons in their prospective units arms room. The state has absolutely no jurisdiction over that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Worse case, Soldier’s on PCS orders can always store their weapons in their prospective units arms room. The state has absolutely no jurisdiction over that.
View Quote

How would they legally bring them into the state?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
That would be something big Army needs to clarify with the state. I’m sure the state won’t be able to stop it, in this case Federal will trump State law.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That would be something big Army needs to clarify with the state. I’m sure the state won’t be able to stop it, in this case Federal will trump State law.
View Quote

The army doesn't care, particularly its commander-in-chief. They will do nothing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess more to add to the lawsuit that’s coming.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
It all depends on the base commander. His policies could swing anywhere from pro-gun to full on commie type policy.

Some bases let you keep your personal arms in house if you have a safe, whether thats on base housing or off. Ive heard of commanders going apeshit saying even off base guys have to bring their guns to the arms room for storage. Some few are completely antigun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally got a response from Drew Hansen.

" I’m sorry this took me forever. I voted for HB1143 (10-day waiting periods & safety training), HB1240 (assault weapons ban), and SB5078 (liability for violations of consumer protection laws). Washington State firearms laws are (of course) subject to the Supreme Court’s recent decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen; I do think these are consistent with the Second Amendment (as Bruen interpreted it) and federal law. The final version of HB1143 didn’t have a permit to purchase but had a 10-day waiting period and training requirements, which should be constitutional (the Kavanaugh concurrence in Bruen explicitly notes that many states’ “shall-issue” regimes “may require a license applicant to undergo fingerprinting, a background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling and in laws regarding the use of force.”); HB1240 was the ban on new sales of AR-15s and similar weapons, which also should be constitutional (the Alito concurrence says that Bruen “decides nothing about who may lawfully possess a firearm or the requirements that must be met to buy a gun” nor (most important to HB1240) anything about “the kinds of weapons that people may possess”). SB5078 does the type of consumer protection provisions that the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) permits, namely, state laws applicable to the sale/marketing of firearms.

Anyways, thanks for writing – I hope that this is helpful whether we agree or disagree, and I again apologize that it took me forever to respond - Drew"

FUCK THAT GUY
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Finally got a response from Drew Hansen.

" I’m sorry this took me forever. I voted for HB1143 (10-day waiting periods & safety training), HB1240 (assault weapons ban), and SB5078 (liability for violations of consumer protection laws). Washington State firearms laws are (of course) subject to the Supreme Court’s recent decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen; I do think these are consistent with the Second Amendment (as Bruen interpreted it) and federal law. The final version of HB1143 didn’t have a permit to purchase but had a 10-day waiting period and training requirements, which should be constitutional (the Kavanaugh concurrence in Bruen explicitly notes that many states’ “shall-issue” regimes “may require a license applicant to undergo fingerprinting, a background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling and in laws regarding the use of force.”); HB1240 was the ban on new sales of AR-15s and similar weapons, which also should be constitutional (the Alito concurrence says that Bruen “decides nothing about who may lawfully possess a firearm or the requirements that must be met to buy a gun” nor (most important to HB1240) anything about “the kinds of weapons that people may possess”). SB5078 does the type of consumer protection provisions that the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) permits, namely, state laws applicable to the sale/marketing of firearms.

Anyways, thanks for writing – I hope that this is helpful whether we agree or disagree, and I again apologize that it took me forever to respond - Drew"

FUCK THAT GUY
View Quote

Have you seen what that cocksucker looks like? Lmao that hairline. No wonder he wants to make our lives miserable. Probably just wants everyone to be as unhappy as he is when he looks in the mirror
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top