[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I am putting together a list of things to bring:

Guns/Ammo/Targets
Tent/Sleeping Bags
BBQ/Food/Water (3 cases of bottles water, $3.99 a case @ safeway)
Toliet Paper/Hygiene supplies
Clean Clothes
Beer/Jagermeister/RedBull/Beer/Aspirin
Girly Magazines (for 2WP)
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Trying to budget my time, looks like a busy weekend. Is this the pit near Rainbow Falls?

Near Doty.

I just picked up 500 rounds of XM193 and a couple of boxes of .45.

I will be there unless something comes up. I mean to be there both days, but not overnight. I dont like sleeping on the ground. Hmm, maybe I will sleep in my truck.

Steve, please bring my 10/22, before I forget all about it!

I am going to court Wed. I will try to bargain my ticket into traffic school, so no telling whether my saturday's wil be open.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
No no no...my friends party is sat evening for her birthday.

I won't be able to go. maybe next time.

Oz
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just voted for the 28-29th weekend only to find out my wife works both days (an extreme rarity).  

Why does that mean you can't go?  When my wife is out of time working all weekend that just means I have to have twice as much fun (for me AND her)!

I can't go cause my 3 yr old son would require my attention... all of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Am I to assume that since JAFO is not on the list that he does not plan on attending?  I know you wanted a diff date but does this mean you can't go?  The metropolis of Raymond will declare this a day of mourning!

JAFO will be in Ohio at Bulletfest IV, or panhandling on the date selected. :)
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Add me to the "Attending" list, please.

My boy may join us for Sunday morning, which will give TBD a break from annoying everyone for a few hours.

Sounds like this is gonna be fun!

OdT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree, but are you gonna be there to help me drink them?

a shitload of people going!!
It would be badassed if we could get that number up to 20.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I just discovered this part of the boards. My wife and I would like to come. Can you give me the location of the "Park and Ride" - and time most people will meet there. We would be comming from the North (Mt. Vernon)

Also - will a regular old car (no 8 foot mud puddles logging road) get us up to the pit, or is a truck definitely needed?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]
bigscrun, make the people count 17. My buddy and new AR15 member has confirmed with me today that he will be going up with me.

Can't wait for this to happen. Just finished my second AR; now I have an itchy trigger finger!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just discovered this part of the boards. My wife and I would like to come. Can you give me the location of the "Park and Ride" - and time most people will meet there. We would be comming from the North (Mt. Vernon)

Also - will a regular old car (no 8 foot mud puddles logging road) get us up to the pit, or is a truck definitely needed?

I made it last time in a Chevy Prizm.  So unless you have a Yugo you will be fine.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Combat_Jack,  what have you done with Bottomfeeder?  I haven't seen him around for awhile.  Are you going to let him go to the shoot?  Bring his girlfriend?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow!  I made it back from New Jersey.  Youz guyz seem to have this fire lit.  Looking forward to blasting on the 28.  FYI...I will have a rather pleasant MAK-90 for sale and will bring to the pit.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#17]
WOW

We are starting to get us a preetty good sized group of shooters together. This weekend should kick some serious ass. OK so here are a couple of questions?

1. Does anyone have a BBQ that they can or will bring to the shoot so we can grill up some dogs and burgers or steaks.

2. Does anyone have a bullhorn so we can call a cold range over the crackin' of gunfire.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

1. Does anyone have a BBQ that they can or will bring to the shoot so we can grill up some dogs and burgers or steaks.

You need to check out 1GUNRUNNERS book of grilling techniques.  Just throw whatever you want to cook into the fire and let burn for 30 minutes.  Then use a stick to carfully remove your dinner from the flames and enjoy!

2. Does anyone have a bullhorn so we can call a cold range over the crackin' of gunfire.

That could be a good idea however we did not really need one last time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I can bring either a small charcoal or a small gas grill (not enough room in the car for both and guns), but they're too small to support this many people.  

I'm sure a whistle would more than suffice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Time is short these days but sounds like lots of fun...I think I am working Saturday morning though so without directions the convoy isn't gonna happen with me...What time is it leaving exactly??
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

A handheld fog horn also makes a great control measure. I'll probably roll in around noon. I better start deciding whats going!

If I were going I would ask you to bring some of the Mega stuff. I already know the quality of the early Stinger lowers, but would like to check out a Mega lower and upper. Since I'm not going, I can only suggest you don't bring any of that stuff. I don't want DaBunny to get a jump on my next project
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone going to the shoot later on Saturday that has been there before??? Definately tied up early....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey, is the pit an area where we can throw clays?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That is actually a great question.  It is a perfect place for clays as far as logistically.  The only problem is we are totally anal about picking up everything that we bring.  A bunch of broken clays (assuming you can hit them!) laying around is kind of against that train of thought.

What does everyone else think of this?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#26]
OK I am asking that everyone that does not know how to get to the shoot or anyone that wants to caravan/carpool, please IM me so we can get everything straight.

2WP and I feel it is a good idea not to annouce directions to this "secret pit" in fear of unwanted people showing up. Namely any media that may be browsing our forums. We want this to be a great time with zero hassle or drama from anyone or anybody.

Please IM me with your screen name, real name and a contact phone # so we can get everything all set up and ready to shoot. I cannot wait to meet everyone and see some of the cool toys that are gonna be brought out.--Bryan
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]
When are people planning on heading up?  I may go on Friday but do to some family issues I am not completely sure.  Anyone else plan on going early?  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh crap, my mother just called and she wants to come up and visit us and the grandkid.   Guess what weekend she picked!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Grandkids are forever 20+ ARFCOMER's is once a year or so type thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Oh crap, my mother just called and she wants to come up and visit us and the grandkid.   Guess what weekend she picked!

Mom know how to pull a trigger? ;)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If it is your first time going, make it to the park and ride for the convoy.

1GR, are you going to be able to lead the convoy up on Saturday?  Not too many people from the last shoots that know where it is, or remember where it is, are going so it would be nice if you were.  Da_Bunney probably remembers how to get there.

With things going the way they are (with my mom) I don't want to be too heavily relied on to get people there, or anything else for that matter.  I do still plan on going but at this point I don't know exactly when.

Where is (forgive me I can't remember his screen name) the guy with the firewood all over his yard?  Does he still live there?  Do you think he would want to go?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Mom know how to pull a trigger? ;)

Actually she does.   In fact, she gave me a .38 as a graduation present.   But guns aren't a priority for her and she's coming to see the family...

BUT, don't count me out just yet.  There's a good possibility that my wife will go with my mother and daughter up to Tacoma on Saturday.  So, I still may join you for a few hours at least then drive back.  It looks like my wife is out for sure though.  She's disappointed and hopes to make it next time.

If I can make it, should I still bring the little barbeque?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#35]
If you want to bbq on your bbq then bring your bbq.  Otherwise, if you are only going for a few hours I don't think it would be worth it.  At night we will have a bonfire on which to cook any tasty animals that we plan on dining on.  But, feel free to do whatever you like!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#36]
2whiskeyP, I'll be attending. (the guy with all the firewood in his yard)

If it's a big help, I can lead a second convoy up later in the morning, or even make an afternoon run as long as it's prior to cocktail hour.

Ditto on the clays, they shouldn't be a problem.

1GR, I was up Bunker Creek the other day and all the gates were unlocked. As you know, the pit up there is three times the size.

Pros: Much longer range, more room, harder to get to Raymond from there.

Cons: The "gatelocker" can reappear magically, further off road, unfamiliar to most, and probably easier to get lost when entering and leaving.

Probably better to stick with what we already know, but I thought I'd mention it in case there were any long range shooting fanatics in the group.

OdT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Thanks Odt, I thought it was you but I didn't want to look like a jack-ass! (oops, too late for that!)  That other pit sounds like an opportunity for a quick weekend getaway later this summer maybe so we can check it out!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If it's a big help, I can lead a second convoy up later in the morning, or even make an afternoon run as long as it's prior to cocktail hour.

1GR, I was up Bunker Creek the other day and all the gates were unlocked. As you know, the pit up there is three times the size.

Cons: The "gatelocker" can reappear magically, further off road, unfamiliar to most, and probably easier to get lost when entering and leaving.

Probably better to stick with what we already know, but I thought I'd mention it in case there were any long range shooting fanatics in the group.

OdT

Harder maybe, but I bet not impossible!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Everyone That is convoying or doesn't know how to get there

Lets meet up off of the I-5 Park and Ride on Exit 77 by 8:45am to 9:00am

Remember to give yourself lots of time to get there from Seattle, Bellevue, Renton etc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#41]
And remember that when 1GR says 9:00 A.M. SHARP that if he is still there by 9:01 it means the world just came to an end!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is actually a great question.  It is a perfect place for clays as far as logistically.  The only problem is we are totally anal about picking up everything that we bring.  A bunch of broken clays (assuming you can hit them!) laying around is kind of against that train of thought.

What does everyone else think of this?

I would say that shooting clays off the back side of the pit would be fine, as long as all the hulls are picked up.

Hell yeah, the back side of the pit would be perfect! Aren't they biodegradeable ? Sunbirds has a box of 135 clays for $8.00.

We need to move the pistol range, to the right of the rifle range, so everyone is shooting in the same direction.

Hey 1GR, you gunna bring my hat and mag with you ?

Count me in, and maybe a couple of other people too. I got a shot gun that can be stationed at the clay thrower, I assume somebody has one,(all I got is the handheld one).

"00"

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I have got two 90 count boxes of clays that I can bring to throw. I also have a hand thrower and so does my buddy that we will both bring. I will also have an 870 I can station with the clays if that is what we want to do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
007 I will bring your hat...

Anyone else want one?

2wP you get your hat?!

1GR can you bring mine too? I will bring you some money for it and BEER!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OdT

Harder maybe, but I bet not impossible!

Nope, not impossible, just much harder.

Looks like this is gonna be fun! I'll bring a thrower and some clays too I think, if I've still got them.(note to self; purchase a shotgun someday!)

OdT
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
And remember that when 1GR says 9:00 A.M. SHARP that if he is still there by 9:01 it means the world just came to an end!

Screw you all...... you leave without me and I'm eating all the Krispy Kremes myself.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Slugs any good for clays? ;)
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Someone email mee and remind me to bring my mechanical clay thrower.

I will have a bunch of crap I will try to sell to you guys too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#50]
100th Reply

This is gonna kick ass!!!!!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top