Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:06 PM EDT
The Mega receivers are not on the list as of yet and are legal in CA correct? I am wanting to bring mine there with me but wanted to check with you guys first.

Also, am I correct in the belief that by replacing the mag release button with a lock washer and nut I am in compliance with California law?? (as long as it's a 10 rounder, I know..) Thanks!

I'll be in the trenches with you guys soon!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:32:42 PM EDT
please read these faqs...

www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

and

http://www.calguns.net/

but, presently you are correct... if you permanently affix a magazine no greater than 10 rounds...

IF and only IF the lowers are added to the list, you must then register them as AW...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:21:37 PM EDT
As of today, Mega lowers are not banned by name (make/model).

If you are dealing with other than a bare receiver, your fixed 10rd mag should not be able to remove with out a bit of tools and time. Hand-tight doesn't cut it. A bit of ThreadLok (not the Red stuff!) or gluing the mag catch in could be helpful for compliance - but first really whale down on that castle nut and use a lockwasher. This makes sure it can't be considered a detachable magazine (based on DOJ's definition in section 978.20 of Calif Code of Regulation)>

ALWAYS have an off-list lower with the 10rd mag affixed BEFORE you install a pistol grip, a telescoping or thumbhole stock, or an upper with a flash hider. If you are servicing the magazine, REMOVE all these evil feature parts BEFORE working on/removing the magazine.

Bill W.
San Jose, CA

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 1:28:06 PM EDT by CaliBoundAR15]
Thanks for the info gentlemen!
Top Top