Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:06 PM EDT
The Mega receivers are not on the list as of yet and are legal in CA correct?  I am wanting to bring mine there with me but wanted to check with you guys first.  

Also, am I correct in the belief that by replacing the mag release button with a lock washer and nut I am in compliance with California law?? (as long as it's a 10 rounder, I know..)  Thanks!

I'll be in the trenches with you guys soon!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
please read these faqs...

www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

and

http://www.calguns.net/

but, presently you are correct... if you permanently affix a magazine no greater than 10 rounds...

IF and only IF the lowers are added to the list, you must then register them as AW...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
As of today, Mega lowers are not banned by name (make/model).

If you are dealing with other than a bare receiver, your fixed 10rd mag should not be able to remove with out a bit of tools and time.   Hand-tight doesn't cut it.  A bit of ThreadLok (not the Red stuff!) or gluing the mag catch in could be helpful for compliance - but first really whale down on that castle nut and use a lockwasher.  This makes sure it can't be considered a detachable magazine (based on DOJ's definition in section 978.20 of Calif Code of Regulation)>

ALWAYS have an off-list lower with the 10rd mag affixed BEFORE you install a pistol grip, a telescoping or thumbhole stock, or an upper with a flash hider.  If you are servicing the magazine, REMOVE all these evil feature parts BEFORE working on/removing the magazine.

Bill W.
San Jose, CA

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info gentlemen!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top