Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:01:17 PM EDT
I was in Denny's Guns and they have a good selection of Vector Arms HK clones. Are these weapons of good quality and reliability?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Vector V93 back in November, and I absolutely love it.  Has well over 500 rds. through it now and not a single hiccup, have'nt cleaned it yet either.  Everything is nice and tight, well finished too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Vector A+
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just watch out for the pistol caliber guns.  They are not made by Vector like the .223 guns are, so they may have issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Evidentally the .40 cal pistols are working fine.  The 10mm and .357 Sig were having problems and they are now discontinued.  What all do they have there at Denny's?  I saw a couple of their auctions for the V-53 and the P89k pistols.  Do they have anything worth a drive from St. Louis?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Vector arms is good...

Make sure you aren't buying a Cohaire arms gun!

Vector sells them and - people can be easily misled that they're getting a Vector quality gun.

Make sure you know the difference before buying...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Vector arms is good...

Vector sells them and - people can be easily misled that they're getting a Vector quality gun.

Exactly.

I have a Vector made V93 and it is great.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:37:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Vector arms is good...

How do you know if it is Cohaire or not?  My buddy recently bought a V53 SBR, it came in a V53 box and has V53 markings on the receiver.  Is the Cohaire marked differently?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vector arms is good...

How do you know if it is Cohaire or not?  My buddy recently bought a V53 SBR, it came in a V53 box and has V53 markings on the receiver.  Is the Cohaire marked differently?

Cohaire arms makes the .357/.40/10mm MP5s...

They are also marked Cohaire arms but, Vector sells them which supports the illusion that they make them...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want an mp5/40 just wait because vector is going to start making these later this year after all the coharie's are gone !
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#10]
How do the Vector MP5 clones compare to the BW clones?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How do the Vector MP5 clones compare to the BW clones?

They don't compare...

Vector does not make MP5 clones, Todd Bailey does...

This is why they were able to get so much business!

Everyone is conviced that Vector makes these guns!

Vector will actually be making them soon (Not Bailey) but , I sure as hell wouldn't want one of the first ones that Vector makes.

You should watch from a distance to see what happens before you even consider buying a VA MP5/40/10/357...

ETA: It also looks like BW is giving the boot to Bailey as well as Vector:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=193757
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the V53. No problems at all.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was in Denny's Guns and they have a good selection of Vector Arms HK clones. Are these weapons of good quality and reliability?

Can you post some contact information about "Denny's Guns"?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Their telephone number is (816) 221-9117 and fax (816) 221-1171.  I just bought a Vector V-53 pistol from them last week.  The gun is beautiful and the service was great.  I dealt with Adam FWIW.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 for the V93 and atlanticfirearms.com.  Great rifle, great service.

-JZ
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
FWIW....I picked up my V-53 Short Barrel two weeks ago and had a buddy of mine who is an armorer for a "black ops" group look at it, per his request. Both of us are impressed by the workmanship, finish, and overall quality of this piece. My buddy says the parts, minus the reciever are DEFINATELY HK...he is impressed. I have only been able to run a couple of 40rnd. mags through her to date..but even with that small amount, the accuracy also impressed me for this short a weapon! This one will be along for the ride in my cruiser after some more firing and qualification!!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
FWIW....I picked up my V-53 Short Barrel two weeks ago and had a buddy of mine who is an armorer for a "black ops" group look at it, per his request. Both of us are impressed by the workmanship, finish, and overall quality of this piece. My buddy says the parts, minus the reciever are DEFINATELY HK...he is impressed. I have only been able to run a couple of 40rnd. mags through her to date..but even with that small amount, the accuracy also impressed me for this short a weapon! This one will be along for the ride in my cruiser after some more firing and qualification!!  

The barrels are US made too.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope that they're good-I just picked up my new V51 pistol about an hour ago.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The barrels are US made too.

Not on the V-53 according to my owners manual.  The V-93 barrels are US made but the 53s are German.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top