Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:02:33 PM EDT
This was copied from hk54 and pasted here!  I did not write this

I emailed Mr. Bonas about the situation and the warranty issue and this is what I got back. I hope it's ok to post it, I just thought it would help clear things up and make BW customers more comfortable knowing their guns will still be covered under warranty:

"Dear Mr.***,

Thank you for the heads up on Todd Bailey's HK54 forum. The only truth in Todd Bailey's post is that Bobcat Weapons will stop buying parts from
Special Weapons (Todd Bailey). We have a significant stock of BW5 models. We will discontinue the BW5 model as it is currently known when that stock is depleted. Bobcat Weapons will continue producing firearms and therefore will continue to provide warranty service. In fact, we have a new rifle and pistol that will be available before fall.

Todd Bailey's post stated that the reason that I'm "pulling the plug" is
that other businesses that I own are taking too much time. It is true that
I own other businesses. It is NOT true that I'm "pulling the plug" on
Bobcat Weapons and that the reason is that I don't have enough time to
manage all of the other businesses.

Bobcat Weapons is NOT owned or controlled by Todd Bailey or any of his
companies or associates. Todd Bailey does NOT speak for Bobcat Weapons.

You are welcome to pass this information on for public distribution.

If I may be of further assistance, you may reach me at the numbers listed
below.

Best Regards,
Andy Bonas

Bobcat Weapons Inc.
PO Box 21017
Mesa, AZ 85277-1017
phone: 480.832.0844
fax: 206.350.5274
mobile: 480.343.2285
email: [email protected]
web site: www.bobcatweapons.com"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Toad is a fucking doofus.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
....and the plot thickens.  Get your popcorn for this one.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
so are they still going to make a 9mm clone?  thats what I want to know.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
so are they still going to make a 9mm clone?  thats what I want to know.

Looks like they aren't...

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=322143&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
From HK54:

bws: So will Coharie Arms be picking up the 9mm then...?

tbailey: No they are buying the tooling and will start making machineguns as needed for overseas deliveries

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, and I had thought that Toad's wifes brothers cousins uncles housekeeper owned Bobcat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant believe some business havent sued this ass clown for slander?Todd Grove has the best case so far and would easily win that one...IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
We will discontinue the BW5 model as it is currently known

This is a very interesting statement ! I bet he keeps making them just without using buttheads parts!  most people latley who have bought these guns seem to be very happy with them ! This next year is going to be very interesting!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
That would mean he would have to be using another vendors receiver.  Who's?  Next to SW Vulcan is the only other company that makes a 94/mp5 clone.  And those aren't delayed roller blow back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What about the NON-receiver parts?  Who else makes those besides SW?  It is clear that there are not enough OEM parts on the market to support BW.

There would have to be another maker of the parts that we don't know about yet....???

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is a very interesting statement ! I bet he keeps making them just without using buttheads parts!  most people latley who have bought these guns seem to be very happy with them ! This next year is going to be very interesting!

I don't understand how this is going to help Bobcat, if what you suggest happens....

Bobcat is doing great with sales in the clone industry.... they have very good reviews, even though I still think they are too expensive for what they are  

If he decides to still make the Bobcat 9mm carbine, where is he going to get all of his parts ???

On hk-54 Bailey mentioned "Hesse" as a possibility.... I seriously doubt that because people hate Hesse more than SW !

So I don't see that happening...

Also, what about other parts for the gun ?  Bailey has the market on those parts.... why start from scratch to have other suppliers reverse engineer parts when SW parts work just fine when built by the right person ?

Again, don't see that happening at all...

This could be anoher bullshit ploy by the SW crowd to sell more guns before they get their teeth kicked in by FN, Sigarms and maybe Glock  ( seems like a real possibility to me )

On the other hand.... Bobcat may actually be sick of SW and their BS and they honestly want to try to find another place that will make parts for them (I highly doubt this, but it is family so you never know )

Anyone's guess is as good as mine    

The main thing is for people to not get excited about the Bobcat "woes" because they are not going to be collectible, they are not going to suddenly become rare, and there are enough in circulaton (as well as current production) to make them readily available for many years to come, even if they did stop making them***

*** Which they probably wont.

SW will make sure that someone out there is making the 9mm no matter what... it is their cash cow. So don't go buy a Bobcat because you are afraid of them not being around much longer, buy a Bobcat because it's on your list  

Also, I have a feeling that their "new" rifle and pistol is going to be the .40 cal clones, which will be pretty sweet since SW isn't assembling them  

Just a guess though  

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#13]
This is interesting as I always thought that Bobcat and Special Weapons were joined at
the hip since they are (or at least used to be) at the same location in Arizona.  I had always thought the Bailey Brothers were involved in Bobcat as well. I stand corrected.

The fact that Bobcat won't make the BW5 anymore will leave a bigger void in the MP5 clone market
than there already is.  Off course, it may help me sell my SW5 I'm wanting  to move but my
point is that it doesn't leave many options for a part of the HK market that is definitely out
there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Someone will pick up the slack.  If the demand is high enough, supply will come through.

I went ahead and ordered a BW FSA anyway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I have heard 'someone' purchased the molds/dies from SW about the time Todd mentioned that he was going to sell 500 MP5 receivers.  I strongly feel, we are going to see either an existing manufacturer or an entirely new manufacturer very shortly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone will pick up the slack.  If the demand is high enough, supply will come through.

Well, I think the demand is high enough judging by the amount of posts about MP5
clones on this forum alone.  It may not be a huge market but it definitely is there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have heard 'someone' purchased the molds/dies from SW about the time Todd mentioned that he was going to sell 500 MP5 receivers.  I strongly feel, we are going to see either an existing manufacturer or an entirely new manufacturer very shortly.

When I see it I'll believe it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This soap opera will never end.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Why?  Did someone grant Todd Bailey immortality?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Just the tons of words posted here will live forever to all that read them. Add to that the few other HK boards and you have immortality or at the very least infamy
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey COMMANDO I assume that you are AAOFan on the HK54 site.
Kudos to you for what you wrote. Everybody on that site seems to be kissing TB's a**, and you held your ground.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey COMMANDO I assume that you are AAOFan on the HK54 site.
Kudos to you for what you wrote. Everybody on that site seems to be kissing TB's a**, and you held your ground.

No it was not me I got banned from that site after about two post I just copied this and pasted it here  after I bought my coharie .357 sig and it jammed I asked bailey a simple question and he gave his normal  completley out of control assult answer ! I agree everyone who gets to stay on that site MUST KISS BAILEYS ASS or they are gone  !  my only hope is that vector dumps him like bobcat did and leave that jerk high and dry!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#23]
We all know Bailey will stay afloat with all his overseas machinegun contracts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We all know Bailey will stay afloat with all his overseas machinegun contracts.

Afloat is correct for TB. Must turds do float!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#25]
First he suppies them with parts and now he floods the market to ruin all the profits for Bobcat!

Special Weapons is sitting on 200 parts kits that BW was suppose to buy in Jan, as a result of this we have decided to build them into 2 models of guns:

SW5 std Metal lower fixed stock NO paddle

SW5fs metal lower fixed stock no paddle 3lug barrel and fake suppressor

We will NOT upgrade grips and add paddles so do not ask

We have the receivers being made NOW and expect to be building gun in 3 weeks

We will announce a price on these Monday and we will give Hk-54 members first shot at these guns before the general public, Tact weapons will post a preorder form on monday for Hk-54 members to preorder off of.

If anyone remebers our intro price in 1999, well lets just say we are bring back the 90's for these 200 guns.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I still think he owns Bobcat.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he decides to still make the Bobcat 9mm carbine, where is he going to get all of his parts ???

Active Manufacturing?

Regardless of claims by Todd, I'll bet that all parts are made by Active.

I don't know what their business arrangement is, but I'd bet that Todd needs Active more than Active needs Todd.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#28]
This was posted by SteyrAug:

Of course many will recall Todd Bailey vigorously denying ANY association when Bobcat first began producing clones that were dubiously similar to SW5s and marketed as BW5s.

Now it seems the relationship (like all Todd Bailey relationships in the past) has come to an end. There is no word if Todd plans on suing Bobcat for anything and the statement shows remarkable contstraint with respect to Bobcat.

This announcement, not surpsingly, comes about the same time as a Vector announcement that it will be producing 9mm HK clones. It is well known Vector has been using Special Weapons parts (and in the past has had guns built at SW for them).

One can only hope that Vector might produce a "better build" than has been seen with past clones.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn! Dealer price on those is $825!?

I'd be willing to try one out at that price! Too bad I'm not a dealer......

Now is the time.

GIT YURS NOW BEFOER THEM NO MOREE.

SOON TO BE SELELING ONLY TO TIWANEESE MILITARY WHO KNOW HK IS OVERPRICED JUNK.

NO INTERNOT JURKS WHO WORK 7-11 JOBS CUSASE THEY CAN'T AFFORD THEM ANYWAY.

SOON TO BE VALIABLE COLLCTURS ITEMS DON'T DELAY OR AM ALL GONE.

WE WILL ONLY SELL FOR OVERSEES CONTRACTS

Your Bailey impression is impressive...

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#29]
can someone email me more info on Vector building a 9mm clone?  Can't find anything about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Now is the time.

GIT YURS NOW BEFOER THEM NO MOREE.

SOON TO BE SELELING ONLY TO TIWANEESE MILITARY WHO KNOW HK IS OVERPRICED JUNK.

NO INTERNOT JURKS WHO WORK 7-11 JOBS CUSASE THEY CAN'T AFFORD THEM ANYWAY.

SOON TO BE VALIABLE COLLCTURS ITEMS DON'T DELAY OR AM ALL GONE.

WE WILL ONLY SELL FOR OVERSEES CONTRACTS

good one      
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Call them and ask for Jim or michelle there very open and honest about what there plans are!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top