Site Notices
SR-25 pic part 2 (Page 114 of 118)
Page / 118
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
My first conjugal visit with the CRS.

I'm gonna nerd out and get some laser cut foam for a Pelican case soon.

https://i.imgur.com/Zr8LXha.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/Zr8LXha.jpg
View Quote

That’s hawt.

I wish I would have picked up the bipod before prices went full discontinued KAC.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
My first conjugal visit with the CRS.

I'm gonna nerd out and get some laser cut foam for a Pelican case soon.

https://i.imgur.com/Zr8LXha.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/Zr8LXha.jpg
View Quote

Love the 14.5"...looks great!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MCDXXV:

That’s hawt.

I wish I would have picked up the bipod before prices went full discontinued KAC.
View Quote

I'm too embarrassed to admit what I paid for the bipod.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Prepping for Black Friday?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote

Tryna get that PS5 drop....
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BigHate:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigHate:

Yours or departments?
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Working SR25s are best SR25s

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Looks like a really nice range for an SR25.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#13]
My mail call was today as well.  Operation Parts?
I've been watching the stock dwindle, figured my EMC needs some MRE before they are gone.

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:01:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By freeride1:
I've been watching the stock dwindle, figured my EMC needs some MRE before they are gone.
https://i.imgur.com/Ljyhu7F.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By freeride1:
https://i.imgur.com/Ljyhu7F.jpg

Nope, EE. Cheaper than retail (even OPs sale on them) too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Right? I'd kill for a spot like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
The only MRE that doesn't cause constipation.

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Needs more Taupe.
View All Quotes

You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Just rattle can it
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:
Just rattle can it
View Quote

@Dobs013 is this your burner account?

I keep waffling back and forth between the can and cerakote. I want to cerakote it because clonelyfe, but I'm not a fan of how light the M110 tan is. Yes, I could rattle over that to add to the "operator" look, but it kinda sucks to drop $4-500 on a coat just to rattle over it. Aervoe Field Drab is hands down the best color ever on an AR, but I'm having a hard time just throwing spray paint at a fairly rare gun. Granted, this would be the last gun to ever leave my collection if I had no choice.

The best answer would be to find another one and paint it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#21]

I keep waffling back and forth between the can and cerakote. I want to cerakote it because clonelyfe, but I'm not a fan of how light the M110 tan is. Yes, I could rattle over that to add to the "operator" look, but it kinda sucks to drop $4-500 on a coat just to rattle over it. Aervoe Field Drab is hands down the best color ever on an AR, but I'm having a hard time just throwing spray paint at a fairly rare gun. Granted, this would be the last gun to ever leave my collection if I had no choice.

View Quote

I was in a similar color 'situation' with m110 tan and Aervoe Field Drab rattlecan. I decided to try something different and got my SR25 EC in Mud Brown Cerakote. Its darker than the factory tan/fde and is closer to old school KAC KG guncoat color. I love rattlecanning my guns but on the SR25 I thought it deserved a legitmate professional applied finish and color. Just my .02 and maybe another option for you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 556sniper:

I was in a similar color 'situation' with m110 tan and Aervoe Field Drab rattlecan. I decided to try something different and got my SR25 EC in Mud Brown Cerakote. Its darker than the factory tan/fde and is closer to old school KAC KG guncoat color. I love rattlecanning my guns but on the SR25 I thought it deserved a legitmate professional applied finish and color. Just my .02 and maybe another option for you. https://i.imgur.com/tSbVQJh.jpeg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556sniper:

I was in a similar color 'situation' with m110 tan and Aervoe Field Drab rattlecan. I decided to try something different and got my SR25 EC in Mud Brown Cerakote. Its darker than the factory tan/fde and is closer to old school KAC KG guncoat color. I love rattlecanning my guns but on the SR25 I thought it deserved a legitmate professional applied finish and color. Just my .02 and maybe another option for you. https://i.imgur.com/tSbVQJh.jpeg

That's a great color and setup. I'll have to keep it in mind.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I wish! Kbrown has some things I wouldn’t mind having. You know what my answer is gonna be. I say long tine mams and some fde/taupe rail coves and grip and run it. If you do paint it, I say shove a rolled up piece of paper down the inside of the rail to shroud the barrel and dust the outside. That’s easy enough to reverse. I like the coating it idea, but you're all in once you do that. Would be sick taupe tho!
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#24]

@SecretSquirell

Looks great! Did you run into an issue with the gas block suppressor index pin/s hitting the mre lower rail?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

@SecretSquirell

Looks great! Did you run into an issue with the gas block suppressor index pin/s hitting the mre lower rail?
View Quote

Had thad issue on my EC with the MRE rail... I just filed them down a bit so that there was no contact since I don't ever plan on getting an EMC can for it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#26]

@SecretSquirell

View All Quotes

@SecretSquirell

I haven't fired it but they are just barely touching the lower rail. I'll have to shave them down some before I shoot it again.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

I wish! Kbrown has some things I wouldn’t mind having. You know what my answer is gonna be. I say long tine mams and some fde/taupe rail coves and grip and run it. If you do paint it, I say shove a rolled up piece of paper down the inside of the rail to shroud the barrel and dust the outside. That’s easy enough to reverse. I like the coating it idea, but you're all in once you do that. Would be sick taupe tho!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

I do have a MAMS (short-tine though) waiting to go on whenever more Knightsticks ever get made. Non-painted barrel wouldn't be very clone, but neither is the non-ambi lower.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#28]

I haven't fired it but they are just barely touching the lower rail. I'll have to shave them down some before I shoot it again.
View Quote

Are the Sr-25 gas blocks a pretty tight fit? I need to remove the index pins on my EC having the same problem. I’ve knocked out a bunch of fsb pins, but haven’t tried it on the 25 yet.. yeah a knight stick would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Are the Sr-25 gas blocks a pretty tight fit? I need to remove the index pins on my EC having the same problem. I’ve knocked out a bunch of fsb pins, but haven’t tried it on the 25 yet.. yeah a knight stick would be nice.
View All Quotes

No idea, never removed one. Should Knightsticks ever become a thing again, I may try to knock them out when I swap on the MAMS.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

They can be, I tried to swap between a non railed and the weird tiny railed emc gas blocks, they came off ok but the journal diameter was off just enough one wouldn’t fit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

No idea, never removed one. Should Knightsticks ever become a thing again, I may try to knock them out when I swap on the MAMS.

The “AR10” Geissele Reaction Rod works with SR25.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bleaman225:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bleaman225:

Yeah but.....KAC.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Yeah but.....KAC.
View Quote

Used it on my EC. 11/10.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Question for you guys, I am piecing together an SR 25 Build). Do I need an actual SR 25 barrel and extension to go with my upper and BCG, or can I use a Standard AR10? I appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: duckhook02] [#35]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:
Question for you guys, I am piecing together an SR 25 Build). Do I need an actual SR 25 barrel and extension to go with my upper and BCG, or can I use a Standard AR10? I appreciate any input.
View Quote

Does the SR25 use the E3 (rounded) bolt profile?  If so, the barrel would need to accommodate that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#36]
SR25 does not use the E3 bolt profile.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By duckhook02:

Does the SR25 use the E3 (rounded) bolt profile?  If so, the barrel would need to accommodate that.
View Quote

I’m using an M110 bolt and carrier. I can snap a photo if you need when I get home. That should be fine to use with a standard AR10 barrel and extension tho right? Just send them the bolt when purchasing
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#38]
New and old kac bolts should have the same profile. I think the only difference is the dual ejectors and carrier of it’s a sand cutter. You can use a Geissele AR10 rod, the only benefit to the knightstick is if you have a newer SR-15 with the rounded bolt. The knightstick is stepped to work on both.

Attachment Attached File

My sand cutter for reference
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Kbrown0122:
New and old kac bolts should have the same profile. I think the only difference is the dual ejectors and carrier of it’s a sand cutter. You can use a Geissele AR10 rod, the only benefit to the knightstick is if you have a newer SR-15 with the rounded bolt. The knightstick is stepped to work on both.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497552/445A7F4A-29E0-467F-B6E6-5BFE3ABA6DE0_jpe-2177990.JPG
My sand cutter for reference
View Quote

Yea mines just a regular SR25 BCG with single ejector. I’ve fired it in an AR10 with no issues, it’s more the upper receiver I was wondering about. If a regular AR10 barrel extension would fit an SR25 upper receiver. Didn’t know if it was proprietary to SR25 barrel extensions or not.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:03:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FRBaseball] [#40]
7.62 and 6.5Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#41]

6.5 14.5" Upper?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#42]
14.5” DSR 7.62
16” 6.5 Creed
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Outstanding !
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]
APC w/ Chrome Lined Barrel and 762 QDC

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]

That can is sweet!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#46]

That long tine QDC is sick.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Damn, that is a badass APC
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Cheers
Page / 118
SR-25 pic part 2 (Page 114 of 118)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top