Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Love the shock waves!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I wrote in the KAC picture thread that they should've named it "The Excavator" It covers everything in sand/dirt when shot. I'm filthy even after 20 rounds. Worse when I have a head wind.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I wrote in the KAC picture thread that they should've named it "The Excavator" It covers everything in sand/dirt when shot. I'm filthy even after 20 rounds. Worse when I have a head wind.
View Quote

Whatever you do, don’t accidentally fire that inside of a small building….don’t ask me how I know…I wouldn’t be able to hear you anyway.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Whatever you do, don’t accidentally fire that inside of a small building….don’t ask me how I know…I wouldn’t be able to hear you anyway.
View All Quotes

Even outside and with muffs on, my ears will have that weird distortion effect for a few hours after shooting. Really should double up.

I once had an M2 fire off a burst directly over my head with no ears on. That was rough for a few days.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
These are my 2 babies:

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
These are my 2 babies:

https://i.imgur.com/e53iL9k.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#8]
WTB LaRue LT840h-34-20 im/email me if you'd like to sell.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got around to switch the bipod out from a newer thumb wheel tensioner to an older hex/slot head bolt. I think this wraps it up bc I will not be spending what people are asking for a suppressor now.

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
What are the odds of finding one of the early KAC M110 flash hiders as used on the USMC Mk11 Mod1 rifles?  

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone ever matched up the KAC font style?  If one wanted to clone certain markings?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:
Has anyone ever matched up the KAC font style?  If one wanted to clone certain markings?
View Quote

I think they use Arial
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

I think they use Arial
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

I think they use Arial

Comic Sans
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/EvdXiFd.jpg

View Quote

@MNRidesHonda you ever move out to AZ/NM like you were talking about a while back?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Comic Sans
View Quote

My sarcasm meter MUST be broken......

You serious Clark?  

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#17]

You serious Clark?  

View All Quotes

Comic Sans

You serious Clark?  

Serious as a heart attack.

But not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Serious as a heart attack.

But not.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]

@MNRidesHonda you ever move out to AZ/NM like you were talking about a while back?
View Quote

Not yet. Still working on it
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Working on a move to AZ myself.  Damn house just has to sell.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I wouldn't mind going there as well, or NM or southern UT.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Wife and I are looking at southern Utah too.  St. George is a great place.  Expensive now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

NM as in New Mexico? Why the hell would you wanna move to that commie state while AZ and West TX is right beside it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#24]

NM as in New Mexico? Why the hell would you wanna move to that commie state while AZ and West TX is right beside it?
View All Quotes

I guess I had forgotten they went full tard a while back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mgpatty] [#25]
It’s been a little while since I posted mine.  It’s had a few items added on since the last time.

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#26]
What are the odds of finding one of the early KAC M110 flash hiders as used on the USMC Mk11 Mod1 rifles?  

https://i.postimg.cc/GtvRCCRm/1.jpg
View Quote

Odds are very low from my experience.  Though I do know of at least one in tradeable existence, and I just might be willing to part with it.  I have lost interest in my mod 1 build over the past couple of years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:
https://i.imgur.com/QndoKYx.jpg
View Quote

👍
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By j-dubya1:

Odds are very low from my experience.  Though I do know of at least one in tradeable existence, and I just might be willing to part with it.  I have lost interest in my mod 1 build over the past couple of years.
View Quote

I see.  Tradable huh?  oh boy....
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thatARMSguy] [#30]
Figure this would be an appropriate place to post this. I'm hoping to eventually put together clones of not just the adopted M110 but also the other submissions to the SASS program, and eventually the CSASS as well. I know most of the submissions but I'd like to get a complete list down. I would assume the optics and any LAMs or any other accessories across the rifle submissions would be consistent with what was used on the adopted M110, but I don't know for certain what the other companies besides KAC chose as suppressors. Here's what I've got so far:

SASS
  • KAC submission: Mk 11 Mod 2/XM110, KAC M110 suppressor
  • Armalite submission: AR-10T SuperSASS (Gen 1 model), AAC S3R suppressor
  • DSA submission: SA58 SPR, unknown suppressor
  • Remington/DPMS submission: LRT-SASS, Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor
CSASS
  • KAC submission: M110K1/Delta EMC, KAC 762-QD suppressor (unknown if gen 1 smooth finish or gen 2 corncob model)  
  • HK submission:  G28E1, OSS SRM6 suppressor
  • LWRCI submission: CSASS (based on REPR Gen 1 model), unknown suppressor
  • Colt submission: 901 CSASS, Surefire .30 caliber suppressor (likely SOCOM 762-RC)
  • Sig Sauer submission: MCX-MR (early version of the Spear), Sig .30 caliber suppressor (likely early SR762 model)
  • Remington submission: GII CSASS with ambidextrous lower (not RSASS), AAC SR-7 suppressor

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]
It becomes really awkward when the can cleared but the gun's not ready yet. Can't decide who to send to for cut and reprofile

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone attempted to clone an SR-25k that would've been issued to The Unit in the early GWOT? I think it's going to be my next money pit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By semper_kooky:
Has anyone attempted to clone an SR-25k that would've been issued to The Unit in the early GWOT? I think it's going to be my next money pit.
View Quote

I believe MinnesotaRides has and RTUtah cloned Shreks issued one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#34]
It can be done as long as you can find a battle rifle with the enhanced comp or the older 7.62 surefire FH mount. And you have some coin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:02:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JCap] [#35]
Poor picture and SR25 lower. But M110 surplus upper
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#37]
what are the suppressors going for these days ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#38]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
what are the suppressors going for these days ?
View Quote

Both the Mk11 and M110 suppressors have been out of production for the past few years (on the commercial side anyway). Trey commented on a Facebook KAC group that the Mk11 suppressor is discontinued - they have no plans to make any ever again. The M110 suppressors are still going to be made, but they're not doing them "anytime soon."

Because of this, you can only imagine the prices - Mk11 suppressors on gunbroker are going for $8/9k+ and the last few M110 suppressors I saw went for $6-8K.

It's pretty wild and honestly I'm half tempted to sell my unfired Mk11 suppressor because of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Both the Mk11 and M110 suppressors have been out of production for the past few years (on the commercial side anyway). Trey commented on a Facebook KAC group that the Mk11 suppressor is discontinued - they have no plans to make any ever again. The M110 suppressors are still going to be made, but they're not doing them "anytime soon."

Because of this, you can only imagine the prices - Mk11 suppressors on gunbroker are going for $8/9k+ and the last few M110 suppressors I saw went for $6-8K.

It's pretty wild and honestly I'm half tempted to sell my unfired Mk11 suppressor because of it.
View Quote

The whole reason I aborted my mk11 build. It would never have felt complete without the can and those gun broker prices are just stupid. Crazy to think how readily available they were just 5ish years ago.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

The whole reason I aborted my mk11 build. It would never have felt complete without the can and those gun broker prices are just stupid. Crazy to think how readily available they were just 5ish years ago.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/IMG_2552_jpeg-3136389.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/IMG_2547_jpeg-3136390.JPG

View All Quotes

Yup - that was the post I was referring to.

It's a bummer.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:37:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerHawk] [#42]
Originally Posted By PresampleDepot:
Just another part that widely sat around in stock, and then when discontinued everyone wants one.

We had MK11 cans sitting on the shelf for 4 months in 2020.
View Quote

I think the increase in interest is largely due to the more recent availability of the mk13 mod 5 kits, and more options for mk11 profile barrels. Even in 2020 there weren't a ton of options for mk11 or em uppers or barrels. I do imagine there will be a company that will cater to the cloners and make a clone mk11 suppressor. I would think any patent held on that design would be expired.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

I think the increase in interest is largely due to the more recent availability of the mk13 mark 5 kits, and more options for mk11 profile barrels. Even in 2020 there weren't a ton of options for mk11 or ecr uppers or barrels. I do imagine there will be a company that will cater to the cloners and make a clone mk11 suppressor. I would think any patent held on that design would be expired.
View All Quotes
Just another part that widely sat around in stock, and then when discontinued everyone wants one.

I think the increase in interest is largely due to the more recent availability of the mk13 mark 5 kits, and more options for mk11 profile barrels. Even in 2020 there weren't a ton of options for mk11 or ecr uppers or barrels. I do imagine there will be a company that will cater to the cloners and make a clone mk11 suppressor. I would think any patent held on that design would be expired.

The Mk13 Mod5 kits definitely had an impact on demand for the Mk11 suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Weird how they're worried about collectors values.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View All Quotes

Yeah - did I misread that? Or did he say what I think he said?

That's...weird....
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#46]

I think the increase in interest is largely due to the more recent availability of the mk13 mod 5 kits, and more options for mk11 profile barrels. Even in 2020 there weren't a ton of options for mk11 or em uppers or barrels. I do imagine there will be a company that will cater to the cloners and make a clone mk11 suppressor. I would think any patent held on that design would be expired.

View All Quotes

There's a guy on the KAC discord that's currently making clone mk11 and m110 cans.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Yeah - did I misread that? Or did he say what I think he said?

That's...weird....

Gotta make sure Geno stays in business
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PresampleDepot] [#48]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Well if you want new M110 cans, crowd source 5,000 orders and we can get the ball rolling.

I do remember the outrage over the second batch of SR-16 uppers that KAC released. People were happy because it was going to lower their value, or make the 1 of 100 now 1 of 200.
View Quote

Those people are silly.

Why would you not want others to have cool shit too?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top