Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 3:56:32 PM EDT
I just got a M1A bush rifle, and Im looking to get a scout scope mount, and handguard. Anyone know where i can get them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:53:11 PM EDT
Springfield Armory sells the mount, but I don't know about the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:57:45 PM EDT
They sell the mount and the hand guard. I think the total runs around $125.00+ retail. I don't know if it's the folks at S.A. Inc. that need their heads examined or the folks who buy from them but charging $25.00 for a cut out and painted G.I. surplus hand guard should be a criminal act. I was able to get them in the E.E. a few weeks ago at a reasonable price. I put them on my M-14S standard with a red dot set up for steel plate.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:42:26 AM EDT
Sukebe,

Would you happen to have a picture of your new set up? It sound s very interesting!

Thanks Wildthing
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:36:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wildthing:
Sukebe,

Would you happen to have a picture of your new set up? It sound s very interesting!

Thanks Wildthing

I don't have a digi-cam or a scanner. The rifle is Poly Tech in name only. The only parts that are Chinese are the receiver, barrel, op-rod guide, clip guide, bolt stop, flash suppressor nut and gas cylinder lock. Every thing else is U.S.G.I.. It has been a work in progress. I have picked up parts when I find them at a good price. I bought the Scout parts from Chuck Santose through the E.E. He sold like new, synthetic stock, hand guard, muzzle brake and Scout mount. I didn't need the stock but a co worker did so it worked out well. I'm not crazy about the brake, I have a G.I. flash suppressor but the brake is on it now. When I decide to get a digi-cam I will post photos.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:43:07 AM EDT
Sukebe,

Thanks for the prompt reply. your two cents made the scout scope mount into one of my future projects
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:25:47 AM EDT
Sukebe

One more question. Can you still use the iron sights through the red dot scope W/ this set up?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:18:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wildthing:
Sukebe

One more question. Can you still use the iron sights through the red dot scope W/ this set up?

Thanks

No.
Top Top