Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2002 3:56:32 PM EDT
I just got a M1A bush rifle, and Im looking to get a scout scope mount, and handguard. Anyone know where i can get them?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield Armory sells the mount, but I don't know about the handguard.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They sell the mount and the hand guard. I think the total runs around $125.00+ retail. I don't know if it's the folks at S.A. Inc. that need their heads examined or the folks who buy from them but charging $25.00 for a cut out and painted G.I. surplus hand guard should be a criminal act. I was able to get them in the E.E. a few weeks ago at a reasonable price. I put them on my M-14S standard with a red dot set up for steel plate.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sukebe,

Would you happen to have a picture of your new set up? It sound s very interesting!

Thanks Wildthing
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sukebe,

Would you happen to have a picture of your new set up? It sound s very interesting!

Thanks Wildthing

I don't have a digi-cam or a scanner. The rifle is Poly Tech in name only. The only parts that are Chinese are the receiver, barrel, op-rod guide, clip guide, bolt stop, flash suppressor nut and gas cylinder lock. Every thing else is U.S.G.I.. It has been a work in progress. I have picked up parts when I find them at a good price. I bought the Scout parts from Chuck Santose through the E.E. He sold like new, synthetic stock, hand guard, muzzle brake and Scout mount. I didn't need the stock but a co worker did so it worked out well. I'm not crazy about the brake, I have a G.I. flash suppressor but the brake is on it now. When I decide to get a digi-cam I will post photos.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sukebe,

Thanks for the prompt reply. your two cents made the scout scope mount into one of my future projects
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Sukebe

One more question. Can you still use the iron sights through the red dot scope W/ this set up?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sukebe

One more question. Can you still use the iron sights through the red dot scope W/ this set up?

Thanks

No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top