Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:46 AM EDT
Obviously, I replaced the stock set with a new set from the CMP. Original was a nasty yellowish/orange Euro replacement. The CMP stocks are great. Mine required about 20 seconds of sanding to get the front handguard to line up the way I wanted....other than that, it was drop in.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
Nice rifle. That wood looks alot better than the Boyd's offerings. Looks more like the Wenig's stocks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:26:30 PM EDT
Do the CMP stocks come with a new butt plate and bands?

Chinook3
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
Looks Great NavaHokie9 !!!! Get a chance to shoot it yet ?

Originally Posted By Coopmandu:
Nice rifle. That wood looks alot better than the Boyd's offerings. Looks more like the Wenig's stocks.

I stopped by the CMP North store a couple of Saturdays ago and they told me they had just sold the last stock in stock for the time being. He told me Boyds was having a hard time keeping up ????......

I'l post a pic of my Boyds in a while.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:48:21 PM EDT
CMP stocks come with no metal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 6:13:24 PM EDT by NovaHokie9]
The CMP stocks are made by Boyd's. They are sanded down further than the normal Boyd's stock for a more WWII "profile". The dimesions are really, I mean really close compared to my original stocks. I am 110% satisfied.

This is discussed to death on the CMP forums if you want more info.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:29:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2006 9:30:32 AM EDT by RangemasterP226]
Very, very nice. Would you list the parts and their makers? IE barrel? trigger group? op rod?

Thanks

PS I too got a FG Winchester M1. As advertised, only the reciever was a Winchester. Did you get lucky?????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:20:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:46:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RangemasterP226:
Very, very nice. Would you list the parts and their makers? IE barrel? trigger group? op rod?

Thanks

PS I too got a FG Winchester M1. As advertised, only the reciever was a Winchester. Did you get lucky?????????????????????????????

Mine is all SA outside of the receiver as well. The only one I ever "scored" with was a SG Springfield. It has a WRA bolt, IHC trigger housing, HRA hammer, HRA stock
Top Top