Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:21:46 AM EDT
Obviously, I replaced the stock set with a new set from the CMP.  Original was a nasty yellowish/orange Euro replacement.  The CMP stocks are great.  Mine required about 20 seconds of sanding to get the front handguard to line up the way I wanted....other than that, it was drop in.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle.  That wood looks alot better than the Boyd's offerings.  Looks more like the Wenig's stocks.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the CMP stocks come with a new butt plate and bands?

Chinook3
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks Great NavaHokie9 !!!! Get a chance to shoot it yet ?

Quoted:
Nice rifle.  That wood looks alot better than the Boyd's offerings.  Looks more like the Wenig's stocks.  

I stopped by the CMP North store a couple of Saturdays ago and they told me they had just sold the last stock in stock for the time being. He told me Boyds was having a hard time keeping up ????......

I'l post a pic of my Boyds in a while.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
CMP stocks come with no metal.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The CMP stocks are made by Boyd's.  They are sanded down further than the normal Boyd's stock for a more WWII "profile".  The dimesions are really, I mean really close compared to my original stocks.  I am 110% satisfied.  

This is discussed to death on the CMP forums if you want more info.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Very, very nice.  Would you list the parts and their makers?  IE barrel? trigger group? op rod?  

Thanks

PS I too got a FG Winchester M1.  As advertised, only the reciever was a Winchester.  Did you get lucky?????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Very, very nice.  Would you list the parts and their makers?  IE barrel? trigger group? op rod?  

Thanks

PS I too got a FG Winchester M1.  As advertised, only the reciever was a Winchester.  Did you get lucky?????????????????????????????

Mine is all SA outside of the receiver as well.   The only one I ever "scored" with was a SG Springfield.  It has a WRA bolt, IHC trigger housing, HRA hammer, HRA stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top