Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:20:27 PM EDT
am i wrong?
I thought this was an unusually great deal.

Too bad I live in Kalifornistan, and cannot buy one.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1219&sku=MAG%2D358&imgid=&mscssid=AWETHHHE92JR9LC1VDM9NR9AN5C01768
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:23:53 PM EDT
never, run forest run
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:25:06 PM EDT
The only M1A mags worth a damn are USGI and Chinese-made 20-rounders. The Chinese-made ones were made, believe it or not, on U.S. tooling that was sold to them. Thanks again, Klinton, you ratf**k...

Anything else is unreliable. Sad, but true...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:48:14 PM EDT
oh.

I had no idea.
I am new to the m1a, and wasnt informed on the crappy mags. I just saw it was way cheap. Now I know why.

Thanks for the info gentlemen.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:59:38 PM EDT
Definitely stay away! I have 5 of those in the 20 rnd version. They fall out of the rifle under recoil, but other than that they function just fine! Live and learn...
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:53:32 AM EDT
these are great...if you are using them to return to Armalite for AR10 mag conversion.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:39:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chiz45:
these are great...if you are using them to return to Armalite for AR10 mag conversion.

Sweet! That will work? Like I said, I have 5 of them and I'm getting the new SEBR so that would work well for me...
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:01:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jtw2:

Originally Posted By chiz45:

Sweet! That will work? Like I said, I have 5 of them and I'm getting the new SEBR so that would work well for me...

i believe i read in one of the armalite tech bulletins that they were only modifying USGI or ChiCom mags and were sending commercial "cheap" mags back without modification.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:55:38 PM EDT
You do not have to send the original mag to Armalite anymore (READ Industry/ArmaLite forum). Armalite kit provides follower, plunger, and body, you provide spring and floor plate...then retain the cheap mag body to prove you are not creating a new mag. Why waist a good USGI body, buy the cheap crap and keep the good one for spare parts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:03:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raskil:
You do not have to send the original mag to Armalite anymore (READ Industry/ArmaLite forum). Armalite kit provides follower, plunger, and body, you provide spring and floor plate...then retain the cheap mag body to prove you are not creating a new mag. Why waist a good USGI body, buy the cheap crap and keep the good one for spare parts.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Top Top