BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gaigeboyd:
Does anyone have this brace? I think they have a straight and offset style. I just wanna hear some feedback from users. Mine will be coming with the SBT brace but I think I like the look of this.

https://i.ibb.co/KNrjmYy/CDB6-CE59-10-EF-4-F40-936-B-FB9834-B5-C461.png
https://i.ibb.co/zQkgPWr/38-F04192-7745-400-D-8232-0-BBB729-D9850.webp
View Quote

Mine just came in. I have the same brace. It’s all metal, no plastic. It’s very solid.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Aftermarket magazine (PROTOTYPE) for the standard lower by One Off Coating.

Release date unknown.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got mine out of FFL jail due to dumbass state law and misfortune on my part.

I'd love to shoot it, but we live on Planet Bullshit and now, somehow, it's cheaper to shoot my AK than a 9mm pcc. :-\
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anybody had any luck getting a refund or receiving their original bolt/parts back from Global Ordnance?  Took my BOG to the range after getting it back and it does the exact same problem I sent it in for to begin with.  On top of that they sent it back with the sights flipped up in the foam and the front sight was crushed by the time it made it to my door.  I've also blown through a significant amount of expensive/impossible to replace ammo trying to get this thing to work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my bog the other day and out some rounds through it today. I love this thing. I just wish I had more ammo to feed it!!

Anyone shot cast or PC cast through theirs? If I can find the right profile I think I should be able to keep feeding this thing for a while!! Already looking at upgrades including the Scorpion mag lowers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:31:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#6]
Just sold my SPA2  and purchased an SPA3 from Buds. Idk if you guys knew this, but you can pick the serial numbers for $5. I got one in the 4100 range so I didn't get one of the defective ones.

I also was able to score a Lindle Industries Scorpion lower for my bog on Thursday. Went OOS in about 35 seconds. I chose CMC w/ a K2+ grip. CMC is recommended by the owner and it's one of the few brands I haven't used yet. Keep in mind, CMCs PCC triggers are legit the same are their non PCC ones (they remade the non PCC ones to incorporate the changes to reduce SKUs).

I also purchased an ALH Precision folding charging handle. I'm extremely Impressed on the quality of it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ahrion:
Just sold my SPA2  and purchased an SPA3 from Buds. Idk if you guys knew this, but you can pick the serial numbers for $5. I got one in the 4100 range so I didn't get one of the defective ones.

I also was able to score a Lindle Industries Scorpion lower for my bog on Thursday. Went OOS in about 35 seconds. I chose CMC w/ a K2+ grip. CMC is recommended by the owner and it's one of the few brands I haven't used yet. Keep in mind, CMCs PCC triggers are legit the same are their non PCC ones (they remade the non PCC ones to incorporate the changes to reduce SKUs).

I also purchased an ALH Precision folding charging handle. I'm extremely Impressed on the quality of it.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/d7bbf1_42dc87cc5c614321a984047bfb468a34~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_1960,h_1102,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/d7bbf1_42dc87cc5c614321a984047bfb468a34~mv2.webp
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/d7bbf1_dc3880fbe8044038a38e3c066440dd7b~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_1960,h_1102,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/d7bbf1_dc3880fbe8044038a38e3c066440dd7b~mv2.webp
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bad-Karma:
Has anybody had any luck getting a refund or receiving their original bolt/parts back from Global Ordnance?  Took my BOG to the range after getting it back and it does the exact same problem I sent it in for to begin with.  On top of that they sent it back with the sights flipped up in the foam and the front sight was crushed by the time it made it to my door.  I've also blown through a significant amount of expensive/impossible to replace ammo trying to get this thing to work.
View Quote

Damn, that has to be frustrating.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
On the broken front sight, as I remember there was a spare in the original box/paperwork.

Sorry for your grief.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Just an FYI I ordered a thumb saver mag loader on eBay. Looks similar to the kind you get with glocks. I’ve never seen one for Stribog Mags before.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#11]
So far my A3 serial number high 3000's has been great. The new steel feed lip mags with either style black followers have been running flawless. Here is mine. This think has been a blast and have enjoyed tinkering with this one.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
all those mags work in that lower?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Almost at the 6 week mark.
Hope my new bolt and locking block comes in this week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#14]
What mags are in the first picture?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Texan84:
What mags are in the first picture?
View Quote

Saiga 9 magazine? Pretty sure they need some mods to fit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone else sell shorter barrels for the Stribog aside from In Lead We Trust (ILWS)?  Also, how is ILWS's rep?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Gunzonedeals.com has some FDE stribogs in stock. I'm tempted to buy one to go with my black multicam one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a SP9A3 that is in the 4000 plus serial number range a couple of weeks ago, so it has the latest "US" marked roller locking block, recoil spring, steel feed lip magazines, newest black followers, and bolt.  It is amazingly fun to shoot, accurate, and would be great, but the new 30 round magazines absolutely SUCK!  I have had double feed issues from the magazines allowing an extra round to spring free during chambering and causing jams.  This gun would be absolutely awesome if Grand Power would get the magazine issues straightened out.  When the mags work properly my SP9A3 seems to work well with both lighter and heavier loads (I load my own ammo).  The gun seems great, but I am very frustrated with these garbage magazines.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Gunzonedeals.com has some FDE stribogs in stock. I'm tempted to buy one to go with my black multicam one.
View Quote

Damn, I don't even want the one I have.
Serious buyer's remorse.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:
So far my A3 serial number high 3000's has been great. The new steel feed lip mags with either style black followers have been running flawless. Here is mine. This think has been a blast and have enjoyed tinkering with this one.

https://i.imgur.com/gbruZjJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pvMuKRi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2nD9s9d.jpg
View Quote

Nice bog!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JSIG:
I bought a SP9A3 that is in the 4000 plus serial number range a couple of weeks ago, so it has the latest "US" marked roller locking block, recoil spring, steel feed lip magazines, newest black followers, and bolt.  It is amazingly fun to shoot, accurate, and would be great, but the new 30 round magazines absolutely SUCK!  I have had double feed issues from the magazines allowing an extra round to spring free during chambering and causing jams.  This gun would be absolutely awesome if Grand Power would get the magazine issues straightened out.  When the mags work properly my SP9A3 seems to work well with both lighter and heavier loads (I load my own ammo).  The gun seems great, but I am very frustrated with these garbage magazines.
View Quote

By new magazines, do you mean steel lips with the orange or black followers? There are two kinds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not quite done yet. The brace, bolt catch, and pistol grip is temporary. Will switch out to an A3 brace when it gets here tomorrow or Friday. Changing out the grip for an MOE+ K2 when it gets here tomorrow. Will likely put a Holosun 507c x2 optic on. Have an MCarbo full size 9mm muzzle brake coming as well. I love the folding charging handle.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Double M Defense is getting newest generation steel lipped mags in stock tomorrow. Fyi..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#24]
The newest steel feed lips with the newest black followers.  The magazines are lousy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By clickclickBOOM:

By new magazines, do you mean steel lips with the orange or black followers? There are two kinds.
View Quote

The newest steel feed lips with the newest style black follower.  I'm not buying more magazines from Grand Power.  I already have 3 of the newest, "latest and greatest" and they are terrible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HK45USER:

Serious buyer's remorse.
View Quote
Mag issues?

I haven't put a ton of rounds through mine but it ran like a top.  I have the basic clear plastic mags.  I don't keep them loaded between range trips.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Buddy of mine has one. Better have him check his serial number.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PyratM:

Pretty sure the end cap is proprietary. But don’t fret because they come with the end cap you need.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshopify.com/products/modular-side-folding-arm-brace-stribog?variant=32926522409021
View Quote

If you buy the PC carbine it is 1913. I bought the stribog version and then purchased the 1913 adapter Justin case I wanted to interchange them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Survey_Dude:
I'm trying to decide right now if I want to buy a A1 or Scorpion.

Seeing the issues people had with the A3 it doesn't seem to be worth that gamble of getting new old stock
View Quote

You pay $5 to Buds and you can pick a serial. I picked 4xxxx which is way above the issues they were having, which is to my knowledge 30xx - 31xx if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: REARSPROCKET] [#30]
Seems the issue affects serial numbers GSB1001 through GSB3000 of the SP9A3s, just saw this on The Global site.

https://globalordnance.com/blog/upgrade-program-for-all-grand-power-stribog-sp9a3-owners/

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#31]
MAC just dropped another video. He hates the Stribog apparently.
I really don't get it. I've owned a first gen gun for years and only have the plastic mags. I had an extractor fail, replaced it and that was it. No issues.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
play with it yet?  I got one recently with a serial outside of the recall...haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 2014JMS:
all those mags work in that lower?
View Quote

Yes they all work.  I made adapters for the Colt mags and the Uzzi mags, as well modified a bunch of Pufgun mags, and modified all the followers to help center the round into the chamber. This thing runs like a dream.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm not quite done yet. The brace, bolt catch, and pistol grip is temporary. Will switch out to an A3 brace when it gets here tomorrow or Friday. Changing out the grip for an MOE+ K2 when it gets here tomorrow. Will likely put a Holosun 507c x2 optic on. Have an MCarbo full size 9mm muzzle brake coming as well. I love the folding charging handle.

https://i.ibb.co/8r7zXnM/IMG-20210120-191628-01.jpg
View Quote

I am eagerly waiting for a range report on that scorpion lower. I would love to hear back about how reliable it is with various scorpion mags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:11:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

I am eagerly waiting for a range report on that scorpion lower. I would love to hear back about how reliable it is with various scorpion mags.
View Quote

Right now it only works with PMAGs. The stock/HBI bolt catch isn't wide enough for stock scorp mags and PSA scorp/akv mags. The PSA mags barely don't fit. The catch Lingle will sell will be a modified HBI catch, which I'm assuming will just be milled to be wider. I could probably take a file to the sides of my current catch to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Right now it only works with PMAGs. The stock/HBI bolt catch isn't wide enough for stock scorp mags and PSA scorp/akv mags. The PSA mags barely don't fit. The catch Lingle will sell will be a modified HBI catch, which I'm assuming will just be milled to be wider. I could probably take a file to the sides of my current catch to do the same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How many rounds have you gone through with pmags? What are your thoughts on the quality of the conversion?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#37]

How many rounds have you gone through with pmags? What are your thoughts on the quality of the conversion?
View Quote

I haven't put any rounds through it.  Just got it Wednesday. Will shoot it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Mag issues?

I haven't put a ton of rounds through mine but it ran like a top.  I have the basic clear plastic mags.  I don't keep them loaded between range trips.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HK45USER:

Serious buyer's remorse.
Mag issues?

Ya, I have some of the original plastic ones. Had one bad one that wouldn’t feed. You definitely need to run some rounds through all types before trusting them. I wish lancer or magpul would make some. I bought one of those colt mag adapters on eBay to play around with.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

I bought one (A3) a couple days ago from Rainier Arms, just waiting for them to transfer it to my FFL. Pretty sure I got one outside of the troubled serial number range, but won't know for sure until I have it in my grubby little hands. Hoping, probably naively, that I have no problems.

To change, hopefully, the discussion away from the doom and gloom that surrounds the A3... how are you guys running slings on the gun? Pics would be really appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ahrion] [#40]
Originally Posted By dyarab:

I bought one (A3) a couple days ago from Rainier Arms, just waiting for them to transfer it to my FFL. Pretty sure I got one outside of the troubled serial number range, but won't know for sure until I have it in my grubby little hands. Hoping, probably naively, that I have no problems.

To change, hopefully, the discussion away from the doom and gloom that surrounds the A3... how are you guys running slings on the gun? Pics would be really appreciated.
View Quote

A3 tactical sells a handstop that fills the bottom of the handguard that has a QD attachment point on each side. If you couple that with the Haga Defense 1913 end piece adapter, you have 3 QD points.

I got the A3 handstop and think it's awesome, but only thing I don't like is the QD points are where I put my hands so I'll probably sell it. PM if interested.

After I put some rounds through my 4XXX SPA3 w/ the scorpion lower, I'll show you guys my feed lips and provide insights. Wondering how well it will do with those titanium anti-walk pins and the CMC 2.5 lbs trigger.  Might make a video.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming that's a 2 point set up. I was leaning towards a one point (is possible) unless it will be smacking my junk like an AR would.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone make anti-tilt followers for the factory mags? Wouldn't  that solve the nose down issue..Seems like an easy fix..if you look at the B&T mags they have one and that's a straight mag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I use MI SB Tactical sling adapters on my bogs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool. Thanks for the pics. Gives me a good reference.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Just took out my SPA3 4XXX out with the Lingle scorpion lower. I modified the bolt catch so PSAKV mags and CZ stock mags would work. I tested those 2 in addition to Magpul mags. I only used American Eagle Syntec 115 gr. No malfunctions. No issues. I can definitely tell the difference in recoil/muzzle rise in comparison to the SPA1.

This is my new favorite firearm to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Just took out my SPA3 4XXX out with the Lingle scorpion lower. I modified the bolt catch so PSAKV mags and CZ stock mags would work. I tested those 2 in addition to Magpul mags. I only used American Eagle Syntec 115 gr. No malfunctions. No issues. I can definitely tell the difference in recoil/muzzle rise in comparison to the SPA1.

This is my new favorite firearm to shoot.
View Quote

Thanks for the report on the Lingle. That sounds like the way to go. Hopefully I can be quicker on the next drop.

On a side note, I saw teaser from Lingle that they may have an aluminum version available in a few weeks. Looks like the prototype is in hand and being tested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#47]
To those interested... which will probably be a lot... OOC is testing mags for the stock Stribog lower:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandPowerStribog/comments/l4bo6e/ooc_gave_us_an_update_prototype_in_action_with/
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:50:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikego_34] [#48]
Little off topic from A3 issues.   Anyone know when the A3s (short barrel A3) is coming in or if it even will?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#49]
8" isnt short enough?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#50]
Originally Posted By 2014JMS:
8" isnt short enough?
View Quote

Why does it extend so far past the rail?
My scorpion is like 5.5”
GHM9 is 4”
Whats a MP5k?
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top