Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If any of you who have SBR version with the factory stock, could you measure the overall length with the stock extended. I want to Form 1 mine this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If any of you who have SBR version with the factory stock, could you measure the overall length with the stock extended. I want to Form 1 mine this weekend.
View Quote
@Garandboy

517 mm (20.4 in) stock extended / 270 mm (10.6 in) stock folded
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank You!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This. Got mine from Brownells, $605 free shipping for threaded bbl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brownells is stocking CSA products now. They have them in stock more than CP and you can use whatever discounts you can wrangle.
This. Got mine from Brownells, $605 free shipping for threaded bbl.
Link?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The rails are integrated into the receiver. It's not an aftermarket part
View Quote
I  saw that a month or two ago. Really wish they made the railed version in 32acp as well. But for right now it is only in 380acp and 9x18 mak.

Anyone have one and put a vert grip on it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just finished a mod that I had mentioned wanting to try earlier- to disassociate the safety from the bolt hold open.  Turns out it's pretty simple.

My first thought was to simply remove the arm that goes between the safety & BHO, but once I got everything disassembled and saw how all the parts interact, it turns out that arm is what detains the BHO itself.

What causes the safety to actuate the BHO is there is an indentation in the shaft of the safety that the arm sets into, and as the safety rotates, the point where the arm meets the shaft of the safety goes from indentation to normal diameter of the shaft, which pushes the arm down.  I considered grinding down the arm where it meets the safety, then I thought better and chose to extend the safety's indentation further around the shaft by just filing (since the safety is plastic on this version of the vz61 afterall).

The actuation of the BHO by an empty magazine still functions, this mod doesn't affect that.

So if you don't like that the safety engages the BHO, all you have to do is pop the safety out, locate the indentation, and use a file to continue that indentation further along the circumference of the safety's shaft.  And it's simply reversible by having a spare unmodified safety on hand.  Ezpz
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Secondly,
Who is welding on bottom rails for lights?

ETA like this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184182/392B9170-757B-4FB3-B27A-C1E4443C89BA_jpeg-706344.JPG
View Quote
I drilled and tapped one. I thought I posted a photo before? I can add one later, if not.  The upper is very thin material wrapped over and spot welded to a trunnion.  Someone may be weld to one, but I wasn't going to try.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I drilled and tapped one. I thought I posted a photo before? I can add one later, if not.  The upper is very thin material wrapped over and spot welded to a trunnion.  Someone may be weld to one, but I wasn't going to try.

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/3449/m2scd2.jpg

https://imageshack.com/i/pm2FAQ4fj
View Quote
Cool

Looking at it though, with the stock folded, it’d Be a bitch finding a light small enough to fit
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cool

Looking at it though, with the stock folded, it’d Be a bitch finding a light small enough to fit
View Quote
Perhaps the small streamlight?

Edit: tlr-3
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Perhaps the small streamlight?

Edit: tlr-3
View Quote
I’d imagine a SF XC-1 is smaller
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/3449/m2scd2.jpg

https://imageshack.com/i/pm2FAQ4fj
View Quote
@harlikwin
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if there is a Vert grip that has a small rail section on the side? I was thinking it would be perfect for one of the models with the under rail then a small light could be added. Something like the Surefire XC1 or the Olight PL mini.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#13]
That wouldn't be terribly hard to make.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Aha, makes sense.  Thanks.

Some discussion around "improvements" to the gun:

1. Has anyone considered (or done) having the rear plate of the lower receiver milled down from the backside and the stock adapter welded on rather than screwed on?  Goal would be achieving the original design's dimensions of this area with the welding hopefully maintaining structural integrity.  So the curve of the wire stock would set into the curve of the rear of the receiver as intended.

2. Has anyone considered having the rear sight removed and have a flat RMR mounting plate (or a rail section) welded in its place?  I saw the very cool implementation R3dundantC did on page 1, but that sets the stock even further back.

I came across this very cool solution for folding the stock over an RMR... on a Taiwanese airsoft forum.  I used google translate to read about it, the user designed a CNC file and had the modified stock machined from aluminum.  I also tried messaging him (using translate again) but didn't get any response.
http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-147902-1-8.html
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/3483/w3MBlW.jpg

3. Is modification for installing the Rate Reducer as simple as drilling the two holes in the rear of the receiver?  If so, does anyone know what the exact diameter is?

4. Steel selectors!!  Haha, throwing my vote into the "these would sell very well" hat.
View Quote
Such a cool idea

Would like to add a reddot to my vz61
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, this thread has given me the bug.  Some of those brace setups look even more comfortable than the wire stock.  Must get one--sure wish I had picked one up back when they were 300-400ish
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody ever pull the trigger on the SWS suppressor made for the scorpion we talked about in this thread a long time ago? What I really want is this company to make a collet adapter for something like the octane/omega mounts to use the factory barrel. I really need to shoot my scorpion more. Such a fun little sbr package.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn, this thread has given me the bug.  Some of those brace setups look even more comfortable than the wire stock.  Must get one--sure wish I had picked one up back when they were 300-400ish
View Quote
The TechSmith folding set-up is a huge improvement over the OEM stock.  Irony!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything new going on?

I'm about to start work on my re-weld this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anything new going on?

I'm about to start work on my re-weld this weekend.
View Quote
Hoping to submit a F1 soon. Also hoping my suppressor I’m going to dedicate to this clears in December.
Maybe I’ll ket it tag along to the range this Sunday...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up the tech smith collapsible brace. Still need to pick up the tailhook but so far it's pretty awesome
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#21]
What options for adapting a factory .32 cal barrel to 1/2x28.

I have a 9mm suppressor (awaiting approval) and the barrel is too narrow to thread 1/2x28  I was curious if someone has attempted to thread in a smaller size with an adapter up to 1/2x28.  Can't find options for smaller diameter thread adapters.

I'd prefer to use a 9mm pistol suppressor that I can use on a few guns rather than have a specialty suppressor for this one gun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What options for adapting a factory .32 cal barrel to 1/2x28.

I have a 9mm suppressor (awaiting approval) and the barrel is too narrow to thread 1/2x28  I was curious if someone has attempted to thread in a smaller size with an adapter up to 1/2x28.  Can't find options for smaller diameter thread adapters.

I'd prefer to use a 9mm pistol suppressor that I can use on a few guns rather than have a specialty suppressor for this one gun.
View Quote
Class3 Machining/ East-Texas Hunter? can thread it 7/16x28 0r some such and you can get a Kimber adapter to bring it up to 5/8x24. That's what I did. Ugly but serviceable. I need to get him to thread an ILWT 3lug adapter to 7/16x28.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Barrel-Threading-sale-50-PTR-91-Aug-Scar-Sig-MPX-Beretta-21A-FAL-PAPM92-Pin-and-Welds/143-1029861/&page=57
https://store.kimberamerica.com/muzzle-thread-adapter
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I would indicate the barrel in a rotary pin grinding unit on a surface grinder and then grind down the O.D. slightly. Then make a light press either threaded or non threaded sleeve and TiG weld that on.

For best results I would single point the threads after welding in case there was any distortion of the thin sleeve.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would indicate the barrel in a rotary pin grinding unit on a surface grinder and then grind down the O.D. slightly. Then make a light press either threaded or non threaded sleeve and TiG weld that on.

For best results I would single point the threads after welding in case there was any distortion of the thin sleeve.
View Quote
This is what I would do, but with a lathe, don't really see a need to use a grinder.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Owning all these goofy things... I'd just buy the Schreyer can if I had to do it again.  I may still just get one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I just want to have them start making the 32acp vz61 with the underlug rail aready!
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#27]
There is a Czech company making speed loaders for the .22LR magazines now:

Czech Arms .22LR speedloader
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cool, now if the 22 conversion would ever come back in stock . . .
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey boys, I've been thinking about a build with a Vz. 61 for a while now, I love guns that have some sort of special or weird mechanical feature.
I've been making shirts on guns that I like. Would anyone be interested in one of these shirts? About $20-$25. Just let me know, thanks!
Also if you guys want me to remove the pictures and whatnot just let me know, I'll edit them.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey boys, I've been thinking about a build with a Vz. 61 for a while now, I love guns that have some sort of special or weird mechanical feature.
I've been making shirts on guns that I like. Would anyone be interested in one of these shirts? About $20-$25. Just let me know, thanks!
Also if you guys want me to remove the pictures and whatnot just let me know, I'll edit them.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/vz_61_tan_jpg-784553.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/vz_61_grey_jpg-784554.JPG
View Quote
I like em
I’d be down, probably gray
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I like em
I’d be down, probably gray
View Quote
Awesome. Made them live
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254039886038
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can make one pretty easily with a cheap factory loading tool. I used one from a Glock.  Just trim it a bit to fit.  I used a small mill, but that was overkill. A Dremel tool would do.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Awesome. Made them live
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254039886038
View Quote
Ordered :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I ran across the below image the other day and needless to say I ripped a hole in the front of my pants.

Attachment Attached File

I now want this exact build but having a hard time finding a railed VZ61. I plan on making the purchase 2019 sometime so not big rush.

My question is the lower actually railed or is the upper railed. They are sold as railed lowers but from the images it looks like the upper is the railed portion.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#35]
The rail is on the upper.

You probably know this, but it'll need to be registered an NFA item to use a VFG.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The rail is on the upper.

You probably know this, but it'll need to be registered an NFA item to use a VFG.
View Quote
Yeah I am wanting to get the 9X19mak version SBR it and get a threaded 22 conversion with a rail like in the pic above.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have never handled one before.

Where does one buy a railed 22 conversion upper at. Czech point only shows standard 22 conversions.

Also seen SBR versions being sold on gunbroker for $750 buy a shop called Saddle Ridge Armory. Anyone know anything about these guys?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m thinking I really need a railed .22 upper for mine, or hell, any caliber railed upper. My SBR could really use a VFG given the limited places to put my left hand.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ran across the below image the other day and needless to say I ripped a hole in the front of my pants.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/25443017_10159695728550481_1579659366232762878_n_jpg-786946.JPG

I now want this exact build but having a hard time finding a railed VZ61. I plan on making the purchase 2019 sometime so not big rush.

My question is the lower actually railed or is the upper railed. They are sold as railed lowers but from the images it looks like the upper is the railed portion.
View Quote
This, this is what I want!!!

Want it in 32acp with the 22lr upper!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Another dumb question.

How does the stock attach? I know there are 2 screw holes on the receiver but are they actually tapped and ready for the stock mount? Or does one have to tap the holes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Another dumb question.

How does the stock attach? I know there are 2 screw holes on the receiver but are they actually tapped and ready for the stock mount? Or does one have to tap the holes.
View Quote
They are tapped. M4 metric threads I believe but someone correct me if I'm wrong
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are tapped. M4 metric threads I believe but someone correct me if I'm wrong
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I just thought of something.

This may not be able to happen, but why hasn't anyone been able to make a red dot mount that attaches to the back where the stock mounts. Then have the wire stock mount to that?

if someone ends up making it i want credit!!

Edit:
Attachment Attached File

Your face is already really close to the receiver. It might work.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing of value to add. Just visited my dead air wolf in nfa jail

And k mode

I need to work on the stock so it'll clear the back of the can. I'm pretty sure I can just bend it a bit
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nothing of value to add. Just visited my dead air wolf in nfa jail

https://i.imgur.com/ewWPlWA.jpg

And k mode
https://i.imgur.com/3LrJGcd.jpg

I need to work on the stock so it'll clear the back of the can. I'm pretty sure I can just bend it a bit
View Quote
Nice!
I can’t wait for my Wolf to clear. It should be fun on the skorpion
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#45]
How do the Vz61 specific suppressors (like the one pictured) work?  Do they stay on well with a collet clamping on the barrel?

- Do they retain with the raised ring that exists on the Vz61 factory barrel in some fashion?

These guys make a copy - thinking about it as its easier than than threading and seems to look great.

http://www.schreyerweaponsystems.com/AculeusVZ61Suppressor.php

Quoted:
I just thought of something.

This may not be able to happen, but why hasn't anyone been able to make a red dot mount that attaches to the back where the stock mounts. Then have the wire stock mount to that?

if someone ends up making it i want credit!!

Edit:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/352455/FB_IMG_1520960239368-484883_JPG-789140.JPG

Your face is already really close to the receiver. It might work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How do the Vz61 specific suppressors (like the one pictured) work?  Do they stay on well with a collet clamping on the barrel?

- Do they retain with the raised ring that exists on the Vz61 factory barrel in some fashion?

These guys make a copy - thinking about it as its easier than than threading and seems to look great.

http://www.schreyerweaponsystems.com/AculeusVZ61Suppressor.php
View Quote
I'd imagine that they clamp pretty well given the attachment method.  I'm still considering selling all my threaded stuff to just get that.  If I were starting over, I'd probably just get the SWS can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'd imagine that they clamp pretty well given the attachment method.  I'm still considering selling all my threaded stuff to just get that.  If I were starting over, I'd probably just get the SWS can.
View Quote
I as well as my local Class III dealer have been trying to communicate with SWS to get availability and to order one but we can’t get them to respond.  My SBR’d VZ61 really needs one.  I am not hopeful that they are available.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#48]
They responded to my dealer's inquiry a few months back. Maybe it's just the holidays?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I as well as my local Class III dealer have been trying to communicate with SWS to get availability and to order one but we can’t get them to respond.  My SBR’d VZ61 really needs one.  I am not hopeful that they are available.
View Quote
@maddogdan

And update on that?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Tomáš gun bump

Bonus evo with gangster grip

Page / 11
Top Top