[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tomáš gun bump

https://i.imgur.com/WmAnKU2.jpg

Bonus evo with gangster grip

https://i.imgur.com/LXDZHwR.jpg
View Quote
How to get gangsta grip? Actually i want to mount a laser there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The rail is on the upper.

You probably know this, but it'll need to be registered an NFA item to use a VFG.
View Quote
Where can i get a railed upper?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where can i get a railed upper?
View Quote
Czechpoint usa occasionally stocks them. I ended up finding a barreled upper to get threaded and JB welded a rail segment on
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How to get gangsta grip? Actually i want to mount a laser there.
View Quote
Find a surplus grip and mill out the middle bit to jam a cheap 1913 riser mount in. (Yes, I am become bubba)
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Find a surplus grip and mill out the middle bit to jam a cheap 1913 riser mount in. (Yes, I am become bubba)
View Quote
I dont care about the grip. I want a laser or rds mount.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Czechpoint usa occasionally stocks them. I ended up finding a barreled upper to get threaded and JB welded a rail segment on
View Quote
Fuuuu..  i just ordered a threaded bbl upper. Now i need a railed and threaded bbk upper.... how did you jb weld it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuuuu..  i just ordered a threaded bbl upper. Now i need a railed and threaded bbk upper.... how did you jb weld it?
View Quote
Full disclosure: I can't vouch for the overall strength of this method and getting the rail bit plumb with your barrel for laser use could be problematic but after around a year of "may be back in stock in a few months" I just said fuck it.

With my dremel I ground the bottom of an mlok rail segment mostly flat kinda. Then I sanded under the barrel to clear the paint and rough up the surface to help the bond

Mixed the glue and taped it in place for a day

It's not perfect but it works so far

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The Feinstein Project approves.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone reloading for their Skorpion?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone reloading for their Skorpion?
View Quote
Yep, what are you looking for. I have shot at least 50% reloads from mine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
How are the 22 uppers? Anyone with a lot of rounds through one and any issues?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Have they started selling the railed 22lr uppers? Also, did they ever say if they plan on also having a railed 32acp upper? Because that is what i want, a threaded and railed 32acp pistol to SBR.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Have they started selling the railed 22lr uppers? Also, did they ever say if they plan on also having a railed 32acp upper? Because that is what i want, a threaded and railed 32acp pistol to SBR.
View Quote
I've been on the wait list for a threaded 22 upper since the summer. Chechpoint is Worse then the waiting for a tax stamp sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't know I needed a vz.61 before I read this thread, but apparently I do. The idea of a lightweight, accurate, quiet .32 ACP braced pistol with a can appeals to me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I was going to get a Evo, but now for some odd reason I want one of these even more. What have you done to me?
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Arfcom rules demand you get both.

The Vz 61 can be a good Form 1 project while the Evo will allow you to blow off steam and waiting frustrations with lots of good old cheap 9x19 consumed in the process.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Arfcom rules demand you get both.

The Vz 61 can be a good Form 1 project while the Evo will allow you to blow off steam and waiting frustrations with lots of good old cheap 9x19 consumed in the process.
View Quote
Was planning one as a short truck/pack gun with side-folding stock in pistol config (allowing simple interstate travel). I don't need both, but they are cool enough that I'll probably eventually get both. Thinking the vz.61 first since the Evo will only go down in price while accumulating more aftermarket support, but the vz.61 almost certainly will not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I never really considered buying a Vz 61 until I saw this thread, but I have to say this is my new favorite range gun.  Doubt I would ever use it for anything serious due to the effectiveness of .32 but it suppresses so well with no recoil whatsoever and is the perfect gun for new shooters.  Highly recommend the brace and enhanced charging handle from Custom Smith.  I only wish there were mags bigger than 20 rounds available!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow, nice Skorpion set up.  I have a Shockwave brace on mine, and can't beat the feel of it once on the, err, wrist!  Yeah, wrist!.  But it would be nice having a folding aspect.  Tried using the SFU folding stock adapter on mine, but without a way to lock the indexing of the adapter and tube to the back of it, it just spun around after a few rounds.

How do you like the extended charging handle?

As for the round, they make them in .380, and those models feed all USA rounds (while my .32 ACP only worked with Euro rounds), including hollow points.  While not my first pick, a shorty 380 with hollow points and a 20 round mag is all that you should need.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#20]
9x18 is nothing to scoff at either
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wow, nice Skorpion set up.  I have a Shockwave brace on mine, and can't beat the feel of it once on the, err, wrist!  Yeah, wrist!.  But it would be nice having a folding aspect.  Tried using the SFU folding stock adapter on mine, but without a way to lock the indexing of the adapter and tube to the back of it, it just spun around after a few rounds.

As for the round, they make them in .380, and those models feed all USA rounds (while my .32 ACP only worked with Euro rounds), including hollow points.  While not my first pick, a shorty 380 with hollow points and a 20 round mag is all that you should need.
View Quote
I appreciate it.  I really like the extended charging handle.  I have to mentally make sure I remember that it is reciprocating but it makes it super easy to charge it compared to the small charging nubs.

I honestly just got this one in .32 because I knew it would suppress well but I am serious considering buying another in .380 or 9x18 as they would make a better self defense weapon that could easily be stored in a backpack or the center console of a truck.  Gives more firepower and better stability compared to a normal pistol.

I am really just blown away by how compact these things are.  I had never seen one in person before buying mine and thought it would be bigger.  Pleasantly surprised by the compactness and weight of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I appreciate it.  I really like the extended charging handle.  I have to mentally make sure I remember that it is reciprocating but it makes it super easy to charge it compared to the small charging nubs.

I honestly just got this one in .32 because I knew it would suppress well but I am serious considering buying another in .380 or 9x18 as they would make a better self defense weapon that could easily be stored in a backpack or the center console of a truck.  Gives more firepower and better stability compared to a normal pistol.

I am really just blown away by how compact these things are.  I had never seen one in person before buying mine and thought it would be bigger.  Pleasantly surprised by the compactness and weight of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget that the .380/9x18 uppers can interchange as they are on the same frame, and you can get a .22lr upper for that same frame. You know, just in case you thought you'd escape this with some money still in your bank account

I considered the same lethality argument but in the end I figured that the difference between .32 ACP and .380 is so small that I'd prefer the better suppressability and lessened recoil over a minor bump in stopping power. There are good reasons that the original was kept in .32 ACP instead of 9x18 for military issue despite the latter's ubiquity in Warsaw-Pact logistics trails.

I also have a feeling the .32 ACP does better over long distances that the heavier/wider 9mm rounds, far better than most would assume. The original was capable of some impressive accuracy despite the short barrel and less-than-ideal sights. "In military testing, it was found capable of putting 20 rounds into an 8.66 inch circle at 100 meters." (source)
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't forget that the .380/9x18 uppers can interchange as they are on the same frame, and you can get a .22lr upper for that same frame. You know, just in case you thought you'd escape this with some money still in your bank account

I considered the same lethality argument but in the end I figured that the difference between .32 ACP and .380 is so small that I'd prefer the better suppressability and lessened recoil over a minor bump in stopping power. There are good reasons that the original was kept in .32 ACP instead of 9x18 for military issue despite the latter's ubiquity in Warsaw-Pact logistics trails.

I also have a feeling the .32 ACP does better over long distances that the heavier/wider 9mm rounds, far better than most would assume. The original was capable of some impressive accuracy despite the short barrel and less-than-ideal sights. "In military testing, it was found capable of putting 20 rounds into an 8.66 inch circle at 100 meters." (source)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am impressed by that accuracy, not sure I could do that without a lot of practice but don't doubt that .32 ACP would be more inherently accurate at distance as compared to 9x18.

Also, good to know about the ability to swap uppers, wouldn't mind have one of each of them and it is only money right
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Who sells the .22 conversions? I'd like to get one.... Thanks in advance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The threaded uppers are supposed to be released within a week or so.  I'm just hoping they aren't big money.  My total guess...they are probably going to be around $275 for just the threaded barrel and upper receiver, no bolt.
Who sells the .22 conversions? I'd like to get one.... Thanks in advance
And is the 22 conv a whole new upper or is it like a barre loner or something??

Also, anyone tig welded mags to make a 30rdr??
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you guys think it would be possible to make a top charging handle that would screw into the bolt and have a hole in it for seeing sights through like the mac10?  Would require milling top of upper and maybe timing so the hole lined up.

Then the side cocking nubs could be removed?  Or are they necessary?

How is port noise and gas blowback??
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
-deleted-
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to finally attach a stock to my Vz61 as I've had form 1 approved for nearly a year!  Is there someone who performs this service that can attach the stock to the receiver more like the original instead of using the attachment plate?  I guess they'd need to dovetail the rear?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#28]
If you get the stock adapter and put the Kak shockwave tube on could you just put a regular m4 buttstock on that. Or even better would an ar buffer tube fit the adapter then just put on an adjustable stock. I’m thinking of getting one of these and wonder why nobody is doing this. It’s probably the wrong size. If you search “vz61 modern stock” on you tube there’s a guy with a sweet side folding  setup but it’s not in English and who knows what parts he’s using. I just don’t dig the wire or the armbrace I need a cool looking solid stock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you get the stock adapter and put the Kak shockwave tube on could you just put a regular m4 buttstock on that. Or even better would an ar buffer tube fit the adapter then just put on an adjustable stock. I’m thinking of getting one of these and wonder why nobody is doing this. It’s probably the wrong size. If you search “vz61 modern stock” on you tube there’s a guy with a sweet side folding  setup but it’s not in English and who knows what parts he’s using. I just don’t dig the wire or the armbrace I need a cool looking solid stock.
View Quote
I saw that video. The stock was a prototype from a Czech company but you can copy it easily enough by just making an adapter plate for a VZ.58 stock. It'd be trivial for somebody with a mill but not too bad if you gotta do it by hand

ETA: an AR buffer tube really isn't all that great on these IMO. It works great for shooting but it's just so bulky
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Got my first ever form 1 back on Thursday and assembled it on Friday. I like the extended charging handle, but I'll need to be careful with my support hand's thumb!

Edit - ok, weird, if I edit the post and preview, I see the image just fine. But it's just a link when I look at the thread.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got my first ever form 1 back on Thursday and assembled it on Friday. I like the extended charging handle, but I'll need to be careful with my support hand's thumb!
https://i.imgur.com/5MZvg5wh.jpg

Edit - ok, weird, if I edit the post and preview, I see the image just fine. But it's just a link when I look at the thread.
View Quote

How long did the efile Form 1 take?  I just submitted two eform Form 1's last week - one is for a Vz61 SBR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I found this while looking at other items:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1291430

Never done any business with them, just noticed the mags...

Steve
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I found this while looking at other items:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1291430

Never done any business with them, just noticed the mags...

Steve
View Quote
I purchased 8 of those mags from that company years ago (maybe 6 or 7 years ago) when they had a sale.  At the time they were $12 and I am still using them today.  They are going strong with zero problems.  They were advertised as new/old stock meaning they were produced like 15 or 20 years ago and never made it into circulation.  Once I got the heavy coat of oil off them they looked new.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I need to finally attach a stock to my Vz61 as I've had form 1 approved for nearly a year!  Is there someone who performs this service that can attach the stock to the receiver more like the original instead of using the attachment plate?  I guess they'd need to dovetail the rear?
View Quote
There really isn't enough meat on the back of the receiver to dovetail it as-is.  It could only be done by adding material somehow, but in the end not worth the cost. I'd just use a mount plate.

There was a run of "correct" receivers done by a company called RT Mfg, but they are near impossible to find.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#35]
midwayusa has Geco 32 acp on sale for .15/rd shipped right now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How long did the efile Form 1 take?  I just submitted two eform Form 1's last week - one is for a Vz61 SBR.
View Quote
Only 19 days!
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for the heads-up, I ordered a case.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks, Ordered a case.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link? I can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Midway .32 ACP

Looks like it might be sold out now. I ordered a case last night.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks.

Wow! $7/box I would have ordered 87 cases.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Such a cool idea

Would like to add a reddot to my vz61
https://image.ibb.co/go3BQ0/image.jpg
View Quote
Is this brace literally just a original wire stock with a tail hook attached?
I tried looking on the Tech Smith MFG site and cannot find it listed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you but now I hate you, I ordered 100 boxes, that is 5 cases for the mathematically challenged.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thank you but now I hate you, I ordered 100 boxes, that is 5 cases for the mathematically challenged.
View Quote
When did you place the order? I looked for a while yesterday and it was OOS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I never really considered buying a Vz 61 until I saw this thread, but I have to say this is my new favorite range gun.  Doubt I would ever use it for anything serious due to the effectiveness of .32 but it suppresses so well with no recoil whatsoever and is the perfect gun for new shooters.  Highly recommend the brace and enhanced charging handle from Custom Smith.  I only wish there were mags bigger than 20 rounds available!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342261/20190317_181441_jpg-881549.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342261/20190317_181416_jpg-881550.JPG
View Quote
Honestly this stock is awesome to see as it is very close to my design. How does it feel when you use it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was the 25th when Ilike2shoot posted up the price, it accepted the order and I have a partial shipment enroute
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Honestly this stock is awesome to see as it is very close to my design. How does it feel when you use it.
View Quote
It feels solid, only thing I need to adjust is the height of my optic as I have to really press down in order to get a clear sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342261/20190317_181441_jpg-881549.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/342261/20190317_181416_jpg-881550.JPG
I have the same setup. Only thing I did differently was add a riser to the optic (I have no idea how sanausnol is getting a sight picture with that ). Mine has a flex issue when you put pressure on the brace that causes the POI to drop my several inches. When I emailed techsmith about it the owner told me he'd never had that complaint/issue but custom printed me a new mount with a third bolt hole free of charge so no complaints there. This was back in like January and I just dropped it off at the Smith for a drill and tap Saturday

Other than that it's pretty awesome, especially how you can still stuff it in its original holster

ETA: didn't see his update on the sight picture
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/5MZvg5wh.jpg

View Quote
@hijakk

Could you just not install the other side charging handle button?  Please let me know
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Guess it’s time to subscribe to this thread.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top