Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 245 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BWood:
The grip is a bit limited but I will take it for the light advantage

I am a lefty….so it works for mehttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56774/8AEB327A-012E-4B82-94A3-7C5F90AB7AD3_jpe-2143213.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56774/90DC786B-F50D-46D9-9B76-0EAA6290B6BB_jpe-2143216.JPG

View Quote

@BWood

What brand light is that?  Does it come with hte pressure switch or did you have to order it separately?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight Protac.  

Comes with the pressure switch.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/protac-rail-mount-hl-x
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Scorpion Mags:

Whats the general consensus on the most reliable magazine for the Scorpion for serious Home Defense use, where the magazine is left loaded with JHP continuously, possibly for a year or more at a time?

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:25:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackwind] [#4]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Scorpion Mags:

Whats the general consensus on the most reliable magazine for the Scorpion for serious Home Defense use, where the magazine is left loaded with JHP continuously, possibly for a year or more at a time?

View Quote
Magazines are made for wear and tear and made to be replaced. If a magazine you own suffers from simply being loaded and stored, find a better magazine. 90 percent of magazines are Magpuls and have had zero issues.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#5]
OEM stamped USA are the best and the majority I own, all past issues have been overcome with these. I've run them hard and have several that have been loaded for a very long extended period of time. I have well over 100 and have not had an issue with any of them. ymmv
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Scorpion Mags:

View Quote

The latest Gen of OEM mags (black windowed ones) have been super reliable for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
OEM stamped USA are the best and the majority I own, all past issues have been overcome with these. I've run them hard and have several that have been loaded for a very long extended period of time. I have well over 100 and have not had an issue with any of them. ymmv
View Quote

Are these the transparent mags or the black windowed mags?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I don't have 100 but have left some clear CZ and Manticore magazines loaded for over a year without an issue.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Are these the transparent mags or the black windowed mags?
View Quote

Black Windowed stamped USA on the baseplate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 2:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davidb1982] [#10]
Starting to get back into using my scorpion and wanting to get it set up for home defense/longer drives.

Last time I shot it was last year with factory mags and the manticore? Mags I believe. I had some FTEs with all the mags, except my factory 20 round mag. Probably put about ten mags through it and it seemed to smooth out after the 6th or 7th mag.

I also noticed the cases were pretty tore up that I picked up off the ground. I need to get it back out to the range soon to see how it’s functioning. There is also some sort of burr on the bolt. Pics below.

Is this something I should contact CZ about?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Wonder if this is where it was chewing the rounds up? Bottom right of the feed ramp.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:02:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#11]
How many rounds?
Peening on the bolt should stop at some point.. how does the hammer look like?

General machining of your trunnion is not that great but as far as it’s reliable you should be ok

ETA
Gave a look at mine made in 2013 with unknown rounds count.. it’s not that different from your.. besides mine is filthy

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Got my little toy back together, thanks to @beansay!

I think it looks awesome. I will be ditching the Lucid optic for a Trij MRO sometime in the near future.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14121/scorpupdated_jpg-2132502.JPG
View Quote

Where did you get those grey parts? The grip and hand guard? Need that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered the pakse sapper hand guard in grey and the pakse grip in black.

I’ve had my scorpions for years now and never did anything with them. Time to fix that!

This is the look I’m going for, minus the red accents. That said, what’s the best/most compact light setup for these guns given I’ll now have some MLOK slots on the front? Also what’s a good low profile red dot?

I want to have it look like below, but with a nice light and dot. Thanks guys. Been out of the gun game for a while so I’m a little out of the loop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you please help me

Which US vendor got evo drop in trigger
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WardenAKFiles:
Can you please help me

Which US vendor got evo drop in trigger
View Quote

Optics Planet, get a 10% off code from here Optics Planet 10% Coupon
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Optics Planet, get a 10% off code from here Optics Planet 10% Coupon
View Quote

Timney is out of stock. Binary is a no go for FL
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#17]
Got my sapper and grip installed today. It was a bitch. I have never seen anything have more loctite than this damn barrel nut.

Also, icing on the cake, my stock fore end slipped when I was trying to loosen the barrel nut and it fucked it all up. So my stock handguard is trash.

Anyone willing to see me their stock grey handguard? I’d love to have it in case I switch back.

Anyway, got it on and all seems good. Need to shoot it to zero the sites back in. Then it’s time for the red dot.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK-919] [#18]
Originally Posted By CrimsonTideShooter:
Got my sapper and grip installed today. It was a bitch. I have never seen anything have more loctite than this damn barrel nut.

Also, icing on the cake, my stock fore end slipped when I was trying to loosen the barrel nut and it fucked it all up. So my stock handguard is trash.

Anyone willing to see me their stock grey handguard? I’d love to have it in case I switch back.

Anyway, got it on and all seems good. Need to shoot it to zero the sites back in. Then it’s time for the red dot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/C5CE8538-52C8-44FC-A45B-6AE552DFD149_jpe-2192190.JPG
View Quote

Did you overtighten that barrel nut when installing the new handguard?  Looks tilted downward.  If your POI is way off and your sights are maxed out, you have the same problem I had.  Maybe it's just a camera angle thing though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#19]
Originally Posted By JK-919:

Did you overtighten that barrel nut when installing the new handguard?  Looks tilted downward.  If your POI is way off and your sights are maxed out, you have the same problem I had.  Maybe it's just a camera angle thing though.
View Quote

Nope. I read about that issue and honestly barely tightened it. I even took the barrel nut wrench off the ratchet I was using and only tightened it by hand. Meaning I was gripping the barrel nut wrench with my fingers.

I noticed that in the picture too though. I’ll have to shoot it and see. If there’s a problem I can say with 100% certainty that it’s NOT due to over torquing.

Edit: i sure hope there’s no problem because my stock handguard basically got destroyed. I can’t reuse it, or I don’t want to at least. Slipped in the vice and got really mangled.

Anyone here want to sell me a stock grey handguard?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Nope. I read about that issue and honestly barely tightened it. I even took the barrel nut wrench off the ratchet I was using and only tightened it by hand. Meaning I was gripping the barrel nut wrench with my fingers.

I noticed that in the picture too though. I’ll have to shoot it and see. If there’s a problem I can say with 100% certainty that it’s NOT due to over torquing.

Edit: i sure hope there’s no problem because my stock handguard basically got destroyed. I can’t reuse it, or I don’t want to at least. Slipped in the vice and got really mangled.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If you have a 1 piece optic mount you can connect the gun and handguard then tighten so you're sure it's in alignment
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

There appears to be a very slight misalignment where the two pic rails meet, but I can’t get it to meet up any closer.

Here are some detail shots. The muzzle appears to be pretty square with the handguard but I guess we really won’t know till we shoot it.

I shined a flashlight down towards the muzzle and looked at the little ring that goes around the barrel, in relation to the handguard. There’s a large gap around the top of the ring, and a small gap around the bottom. You’d think that if the handguard was tilted down, that gap would be the opposite.

I really don’t know. Sometimes I look at it and I’m like “seems totally square” and other times I look and I say “that ain’t right.”

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrimsonTideShooter] [#22]
Can anyone ID this tape switch mount? I robbed this picture from this thread IIRC. This tape switch mount looks perfect but I can’t seem to find it.

I swear it looks like it’s branded Olight but I can’t find anything like this in their product line.

As a side question, I’m looking for a good light setup for the scorpion on the sapper handguard. Price really isn’t an issue. Just want a good setup on the mlok and a tape switch mount too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#23]

There appears to be a very slight misalignment where the two pic rails meet, but I can’t get it to meet up any closer.

Here are some detail shots. The muzzle appears to be pretty square with the handguard but I guess we really won’t know till we shoot it.

I shined a flashlight down towards the muzzle and looked at the little ring that goes around the barrel, in relation to the handguard. There’s a large gap around the top of the ring, and a small gap around the bottom. You’d think that if the handguard was tilted down, that gap would be the opposite.

I really don’t know. Sometimes I look at it and I’m like “seems totally square” and other times I look and I say “that ain’t right.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/47268986-DA37-451A-8B05-84FC09ED7DF1_jpe-2192677.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/B07B8569-2ED5-4C17-A3A9-A67E3473E8D9_jpe-2192678.JPG
View Quote

I very recently installed a paske sapper on my green scorpion.  I also noticed the top wasn’t perfectly flat before I installed it so I lightly sanded it on a flat surface before installing.  I polished the sanded top face with flitz  to hide all the sanding marks.  Now, the sight sits lower (like on the original hand guard) and it’s less noticeable where it meets the upper.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21] [#24]
Can anyone ID this tape switch mount? I robbed this picture from this thread IIRC. This tape switch mount looks perfect but I can’t seem to find it.

I swear it looks like it’s branded Olight but I can’t find anything like this in their product line.

As a side question, I’m looking for a good light setup for the scorpion on the sapper handguard. Price really isn’t an issue. Just want a good setup on the mlok and a tape switch mount too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/AFA3B336-AC1F-485A-A42B-D28A32CDDB6B_jpe-2192944.JPG
View Quote

@CrimsonTideShooter

That's my pic.  It is an Olight PL Pro with remote switch.  I had it laying around so I threw it on my Scorpion until I find something better, which I haven't yet.  The first search result I got was from Amazon here:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

I bought it about 2 years ago for ~$95.
Bundle PL-Pro + RPL-7 remote switch
SKU: Bundle-PL-Pro-BK
Color Black 1
$95.94

ETA:  I installed a short piece of M-Lok rail section to put the switch on.  I also want a better solution but haven't put in the time to research it yet.  I might do the trade-in program for a Cloud Defense light of some sort.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

@CrimsonTideShooter

That's my pic.  It is an Olight PL Pro with remote switch.  I had it laying around so I threw it on my Scorpion until I find something better, which I haven't yet.  The first search result I got was from Amazon here:
www.amazon.com/dp/B07RFS7YN7

I bought it about 2 years ago for ~$95.
Bundle PL-Pro + RPL-7 remote switch
SKU: Bundle-PL-Pro-BK
Color Black 1
$95.94

ETA:  I installed a short piece of M-Lok rail section to put the switch on.  I also want a better solution but haven't put in the time to research it yet.  I might do the trade-in program for a Cloud Defense light of some sort.
View Quote

Thank you so much! I was considering the Odin mini with the offset mlok mount, but wasn’t sure if it would fit on the sapper handguard.

I will also look at the cloud defensive. Whatever you decide, I’d love if you posted up to give me some more ideas! You guys are really good at putting the right stuff together. I’m terrible at it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Thank you so much! I was considering the Odin mini with the offset mlok mount, but wasn’t sure if it would fit on the sapper handguard.

I will also look at the cloud defensive. Whatever you decide, I’d love if you posted up to give me some more ideas! You guys are really good at putting the right stuff together. I’m terrible at it.
View Quote

I almost went with a Crimson Trace light/laser combo device.  I thought it would work well to mount it on top and have both a light and laser.  The more I read, the more poor reviews I found.  The light wasn't that bright, either.  I don't think mounting the switch on top would be easily accessible.  I have a Streamlight Polytac laying around that I was going to use on a different AR.  I might mount it on my Scorpion to see how it works there.  I do wish I could find a more compact solution.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Gen1 Pakse handguards had tilting issue. Gen2 were modified and solved the issue.
The way to tell Gen1 from Gen2 is looking at the bottom mlok slot… if it’s out of spec then you have a Gen1 handguard.

Ask me how I know…
Btw the mfg was extremely helpful when I contacted him about my tilted HG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/47268986-DA37-451A-8B05-84FC09ED7DF1_jpe-2192677.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253540/B07B8569-2ED5-4C17-A3A9-A67E3473E8D9_jpe-2192678.JPG
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Frens:
Gen1 Pakse handguards had tilting issue. Gen2 were modified and solved the issue.
The way to tell Gen1 from Gen2 is looking at the bottom mlok slot… if it’s out of spec then you have a Gen1 handguard.

Ask me how I know…

View Quote

Thanks! I don’t have anything to test the bottom slots with right now. When my light mount comes in I’ll be sure to check the bottom slots to see which I have.

I just bought it last week from HBI so hopefully that means I have the 2nd gen.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Frens:

Ask me how I know…

View Quote

What is out of spec on the mlok section?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

What is out of spec on the mlok section?
View Quote

The bottom mlok section were too tight and required some filing
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks! I don’t have anything to test the bottom slots with right now. When my light mount comes in I’ll be sure to check the bottom slots to see which I have.

I just bought it last week from HBI so hopefully that means I have the 2nd gen.
View Quote

Found the old emails from When I contacted HBI about my issue..
Forgot they told me some tilting is part of the design.. Gen1 was too much though and I was unable to zero the gun

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is my first dive into the PCC world. I couldn''t help myself once i saw this behind the counter of my favorite local gun store. I'm a sucker for OD green. I changed out the grip with a Yetiwurks model, added Magpul XTM rail panels, and hand stop.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tim01433:
Here is my first dive into the PCC world. I couldn''t help myself once i saw this behind the counter of my favorite local gun store. I'm a sucker for OD green. I changed out the grip with a Yetiwurks model, added Magpul XTM rail panels, and hand stop.

https://i.postimg.cc/v83bNmS6/Scorpion-finished.jpg
View Quote
Love the OD!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I got a brace over black friday. Hopefully I'll have time to shoot it over the next couple weeks.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#38]

@twpayne75 Can you give more details on your light setup?  Looks like a Haley Strategic light and a Unity Tactical hot button?
View All Quotes

Yes. IWC Thorntail Backbone body, Malkoff E1HT head, Surefire UE tailcap and Unity Tactical mlok Hot Button. Runs off (1) 123 battery and has three times the candela (22k) that Surefire has. Actually has good throw where Surefire is all flood. Still has 45-55 minute run time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 04Vermont21:
https://imgdump5.novarata.net/5f85e0.jpg
View Quote

@04Vermont21 What light, mount and switch are you using?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By twpayne75:

Yes. IWC Thorntail Backbone body, Malkoff E1HT head, Surefire UE tailcap and Unity Tactical mlok Hot Button. Runs off (1) 123 battery and has three times the candela (22k) that Surefire has. Actually has good throw where Surefire is all flood. Still has 45-55 minute run time.
View Quote

Thanks!  That's nice setup.  Gives me some more things to consider.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Thanks!  That's nice setup.  Gives me some more things to consider.
View Quote

You're welcome. Great setup. I've used it on a few subguns. Very compact yet usable. Only thing I'd consider besides this are 18350 Modlites or Reins.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NC_Andy:
Originally Posted By tim01433:

https://i.postimg.cc/v83bNmS6/Scorpion-finished.jpg
Love the OD!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63423/49218FBA-327F-4A59-B80A-23CB62B1F798_jpe-2206138.JPG

Nice one! I see you did the Yetiwurks grip as well. I was happily surprised how comfortable it is. I wish they did the brace in OD as well. I thought of painting it, but I know darn well it wouldn't stick.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is our Scorpion. Really enjoy it...Very accurate...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Surefire light.  Arisaka mount. Modlight button
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 9:50:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 04Vermont21] [#45]
Here is another...my FDE

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#46]
Do we like the Magpul Scorpion grip?
I have a K scorpion and still use the oem part which I kinda hate.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Newnimprovedusername] [#47]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

Honestly I really didn’t love it (or any of the other aftermarket ones for that matter…) and went back to the OEM one.

If you want it just message me with a shipping address and it’s yours. ETA: Grip has been claimed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

If it had onboard storage in the grip I'd have it on mine.
2-piece grip
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone using the factory cheekpiece/tailhook combo with a sling attached to the brace? Any issues with the tailhook loosening?
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Gs_n_Gs:

Honestly I really didn’t love it (or any of the other aftermarket ones for that matter…) and went back to the OEM one.
View Quote

I agree with this for the most part. Pretty much tried all the aftermarket ones out there. Only difference in above statement is l didn't revert back to the OEM one. I wound up leaving the Magpul one on. Do l think it is better than oem? Barely. Magpul really could have done better.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 245 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top