Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 246 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How is everyone mounting suppressors on newer scorpions?

I have a newer model scorpion that has 1/2x28 thread on the barrel. However the threaded section is short, I don't think there is enough meat there to mount a thread on suppressor. Do I need an adapter of some kind? My can is a direct thread on 1/2x 28.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gene_wi:

I have a newer model scorpion that has 1/2x28 thread on the barrel. However the threaded section is short, I don't think there is enough meat there to mount a thread on suppressor. Do I need an adapter of some kind? My can is a direct thread on 1/2x 28.
View Quote

Is it the micro?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Hi 3 lug mount and yhm adapter for my form1 can
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

I have a micro conversion with HBI rail. I DT with not clearances issues.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

+1 tri-lug. Gemtech bits for my Lunar 9.

Locks on tight no need to worry about the can unscrewing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you all recommend for the OEM micro barrel?  It seems short and sits inside the handguard.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gs_n_Gs:

Honestly I really didn’t love it (or any of the other aftermarket ones for that matter…) and went back to the OEM one.

If you want it just message me with a shipping address and it’s yours. ETA: Grip has been claimed.
View Quote

@Gs_n_Gs

Thanks for the grip!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
@AlphaThree

Looks good - Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#9]
Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:
What do you all recommend for the OEM micro barrel?  It seems short and sits inside the handguard.
View Quote

Take the hand guard off and install a tri-lug mount.

That's what I did on mine. You'll need a T25 Torx wrench. I had to ask the guy in the tool department at Lowe's for one. He had them hidden in a drawer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I never had a problem with mine using a thread on can. Use a little teflon tape to keep from backing off and check it regularly.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dale5150:
I never had a problem with mine using a thread on can. Use a little teflon tape to keep from backing off and check it regularly.
View Quote

Let's don't start using Teflon tape on our suppressor installations, guys. Raw dog it before you go that route.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By recoiljunky:

Let's don't start using Teflon tape on our suppressor installations, guys. Raw dog it before you go that route.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dale5150:

Why? I’ve seen this recommended and done in the suppressor forum for 10+ years and have done it myself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

ILWT 3 lug plus DA Wolfman fits fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By xwinder:

View Quote

There are three listed, which one, assuming the first dropdown?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:

Why? I’ve seen this recommended and done in the suppressor forum for 10+ years and have done it myself.
View Quote

I’ve always considered it a low brow solution to a nonissue. Either use the appropriate washer or tighten it down hard. After about 10 rounds tighten it again. The carbon will hold it in place.

Teflon tape has a pretty low melting point and suppressors get pretty hot, even shooting subsonic pistol rounds. I don’t want melted Teflon goop in my barrel threads.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I use DA's Key Micro with my Wolfman on the 1/2‐28 threads. No issues or loosening when removing the can.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#17]

I’ve always considered it a low brow solution to a nonissue. Either use the appropriate washer or tighten it down hard. After about 10 rounds tighten it again. The carbon will hold it in place.

Teflon tape has a pretty low melting point and suppressors get pretty hot, even shooting subsonic pistol rounds. I don’t want melted Teflon goop in my barrel threads.
View All Quotes

Fair enough!

My Evo finally got its own optic. Was going to just get a holosun 403 but snagged this T1 from the EE for too cheap to pass up. I really like the looks of those Magpul grips over oem, but other than that I’m pretty much calling it done. Wouldn’t mind a binary trigger eventually.

This is a gen 1 I got in 2015. Had eastTXhunter redo the threads from 18mm to 1/2x28. HBI trigger spring kit and that’s about it besides optic, vfg and rail covers.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#19]

There are three listed, which one, assuming the first dropdown?
View Quote

Recent year production scorpions can use 1/2-28 internal & external for the ILWT 3 lug.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Recent year production scorpions can use 1/2-28 internal & external for the ILWT 3 lug.
View Quote

thank you!
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Fair enough!

My Evo finally got its own optic. Was going to just get a holosun 403 but snagged this T1 from the EE for too cheap to pass up. I really like the looks of those Magpul grips over oem, but other than that I’m pretty much calling it done. Wouldn’t mind a binary trigger eventually.

This is a gen 1 I got in 2015. Had eastTXhunter redo the threads from 18mm to 1/2x28. HBI trigger spring kit and that’s about it besides optic, vfg and rail covers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125849/84549363-546E-41C6-87F5-4036FE50E689-2219583.jpg
View Quote

Needs a sling...

But I get what you are saying. I see adding an optic to my Micro and then it will also be done.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:14:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#22]
CZ windowed 30 round mags $17.49 with a free shipping code at Midway right now. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021435015?pid=803179

Edit: I see a separate thread was already posted.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbb2] [#23]
And here's my submission for entry to the club. Not in final form, yet, not happy with a couple of the mods, but I'll get it there. My brother in law stopped by to check it out and now he is in the market as well, pending us taking it out shooting at some point.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Thanks! will the suppressor clear the inside of the handguard on the micro?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks! will the suppressor clear the inside of the handguard on the micro?
View Quote

Yes; ever so slightly with nothing rubbing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 04Vermont21:
Here is another...my FDE

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/c8jvui.jpg
View Quote
@04Vermont21 what height is this Scalarworks mount?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Achilleas:
After years of , Should I.

I did..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70066/EVO-2180457.jpg

now for an optic, small light and I think it's done.
View Quote

Is that an IA9 suppressor? Will the heat shield still fit these hand guards?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm really tempted to pick up a Crimson Trace CMR 301 for my Scorpion.  I'm worried how robust this device is but then again my Scorpion is just a range toy.  Could be interesting to have a laser to play around with on this gun.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#31]
With the Stribog coming out that takes Glock mags I want to sell my Scorpion, but it is a pistol turned SBR.   My understanding is basically I can take the stock off, click my heels together three times, and say you a pistol again, and it is a pistol?  

The problem is I have my name and city very nicely laser engraved in the left half (non-firearm) side of the upper, and who wants that?  So is it better to:

A.  have it laser textured to obscure my name ($)
B.  Keep the upper and sell everything else as a parts kit to a 3D printer  so they can make their own pistol
C.  Sell it as a pistol and leave my name on it
D.  Binary it until it melts ($$$$$$$$)

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tfod:
With the Stribog coming out that takes Glock mags I want to sell my Scorpion, but it is a pistol turned SBR.   My understanding is basically I can take the stock off, click my heels together three times, and say you a pistol again, and it is a pistol?  

The problem is I have my name and city very nicely laser engraved in the left half (non-firearm) side of the upper, and who wants that?  So is it better to:

A.  have it laser textured to obscure my name ($)
B.  Keep the upper and sell everything else as a parts kit to a 3D printer  so they can make their own pistol
C.  Sell it as a pistol and leave my name on it
D.  Binary it until it melts ($$$$$$$$)

View Quote

You already SBRed it. Might as well keep it and also get the Stribog.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#33]
There is a 3d printing community that is looking for evo parts. From what I've heard cz is often out of stock so you might do alright piecing it out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Silencer recommendations for under the handguard?  Will a YHM R9 fit?  Others?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:01:18 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
9mm Cherry Bomb

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
9mm Cherry Bomb

https://i.imgur.com/dykAUoT.jpg
View Quote

Very cool setup. Normally the contrast would be an ocd overload but, I dig the "spare parts" build look. Looks great.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
CZ windowed 30 round mags $17.49 with a free shipping code at Midway right now. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021435015?pid=803179

Edit: I see a separate thread was already posted.
View Quote

What grip is that?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#38]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
And here's my submission for entry to the club. Not in final form, yet, not happy with a couple of the mods, but I'll get it there. My brother in law stopped by to check it out and now he is in the market as well, pending us taking it out shooting at some point.

https://i.imgur.com/LqV7Pi8.jpg
View Quote

What grip is that?  It looks more comfortable than what I have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 6731HBAR:

What grip is that?  It looks very better than what I have.
View Quote

Looks like an apex to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

Looks like an apex to me.
View Quote

Yes sir, I believe you are correct.  thank you.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:40:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Citizen904] [#41]
New to the scorpion. If I don’t plan to put a can on it, should I get the 7” barrel for ballistics? What’s a good price for that model? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
New to the scorpion. If I don’t plan to put a can on it, should I get the 7” barrel for ballistics? What’s a good price for that model? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I have seen the price all over the board.. from just under $800.. to over $1000. I snagged mine for 8 and some change. Under 900 with transfer and BGC
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Citizen904:
View Quote

I’d stick with the 7” barrel even with a suppressor.

Under 7” an handgun makes more sense to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I just like the 7.5-10”barrel length on a 9mm pcc. I load my own 147 subs if I want pew pew and 1 like the ability to use 124-147+p ammo if I want to be left alone.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#45]
Originally Posted By Frens:

I’d stick with the 7” barrel even with a suppressor.

Under 7” an handgun makes more sense to me.
View Quote

I'm increasingly mixed about this but I agree.
The problem is PCCs are in a mixed spot. If they're around the 8"-9" mark then it's like well I might as well go to a .223, 300BO, 7.62x39...etc.
But if it's under 5" it's like "well what does it do more than a handgun? It's essentially a handgun firepower in a bigger package so it's easier to shoot....and if that's the case I might as well just train more with my handguns to get better at them"
Then I tell myself to not take it too seriously and that not every gun has to be a "go-to"  with a ultimate utility.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

I'm increasingly mixed about this but I agree.
The problem is PCCs are in a mixed spot. If they're around the 8"-9" mark then it's like well I might as well go to a .223, 300BO, 7.62x39...etc.
But if it's under 5" it's like "well what does it do more than a handgun? It's essentially a handgun firepower in a bigger package so it's easier to shoot....and if that's the case I might as well just train more with my handguns to get better at them"
Then I tell myself to not take it too seriously and that not every gun has to be a "go-to"  with a ultimate utility.
View Quote

I agree..
basically it’s nice to have options offered by those weird transition configurations

I don’t have any 300blk so a 8-9” rifle round like .223/7.62 doesn’t even exist in my mind..
But a 300 makes sense VS a 9mm pcc… but does a 8” blk make sense vs a 10.5” 5.56?

At 5” 9mm one could even consider  a pistol chassis with a stock.. like the Roni.. saving a lot of weight..
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:17:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By drobs:

That's what I did on mine. You'll need a T25 Torx wrench. I had to ask the guy in the tool department at Lowe's for one. He had them hidden in a drawer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Gemtech_3_lug_jpg-2215593.JPG
View Quote

Barrel is threaded internally? Since when?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#48]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Gemtech_3_lug_jpg-2215593.JPG

I don't understand what you are asking. Maybe you are quoting the wrong post?
FYI - The T25 torx wrench is needed to take the hand guard off the pistol.

Attachment Attached File

Gemtech tri-lug mount

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
I'm really tempted to pick up a Crimson Trace CMR 301 for my Scorpion.  I'm worried how robust this device is but then again my Scorpion is just a range toy.  Could be interesting to have a laser to play around with on this gun.
View Quote

Quoting myself since I bought the CMR 301 to try out.  I'm not sure if it will work how I imagined.  First off, the mounting system sucks.  The CMR screws into the plastic "mount" and the mount just snaps onto the rail, or it should.  I tried multiple times to get the mount to seat fully on the rail and it just would not do it.  If I did get it mounted I don't think it would be that secure since you could probably pull it off with enough force since there is no clamping mechanism.  Despite all that, the charging handle gets in the way of the CMR's remote switch cable.  Also, using iron sights and a co-witnessed RMR doesn't work because the CMR blocks the view.  

The CMR comes with an MLOK mount so I thought I'd use that on my Pakse Sapper handguard.  The way that the MLOK mount is shaped won't allow it to sit flat on the handguard's side MLOK slots.  Or this could be just how the Pakse Sapper handguard is shaped.  The CMR MLOK mount sat flush on one of my AR-15 rails.  Anyways, so I'm back to adding a picatinny rail section to my handguard to get this to mount on the right side but I still need to figure out how to get the mount to seat fully on the rail.

Once all of that is said and done I don't think the remote switch will be long enough to run over to the left side where I want it, which I would have to use another picatinny rail section to mount.

All in all, I don't think this is going to work with my Scorpion.  I might mount this on my M&P 15-22 or HK MP5-22 as a range toy.  I really wouldn't trust the mounting system on something serious.  Otherwise, for the price, this thing is pretty nice.  I with they would have a better mounting system and a longer remote switch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#50]

I don't understand what you are asking. Maybe you are quoting the wrong post?
FYI - The T25 torx wrench is needed to take the hand guard off the pistol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/CZ_Scorpion2_jpg-2254851.JPG

Gemtech tri-lug mount

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Gemtech_3_lug_mount_jpg-2254854.JPG
View Quote

I swear, the pic from your prior post that I quoted appears to show a 3-lug sleeved/threaded inside the barrel like a SG choke. I keep looking at it & that's how it appears. What am I not seeing or missing?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 246 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top