User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 52 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brich2929:
what braces do you guys that have the APC9k like?
View Quote

mine came with the folding SB tactical brace and i really like it. Might get a Split Fix for it, but so far, so good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#2]
I originally had my APC9K setup with a folding stock.  In this configuration, the Aimpoint Micro sight on the low B&T mount worked fine.  I switched over to the telescopic stock and found that my cheek weld shifted up slightly and I had to pull it in firmly to my cheek to keep a good sight picture.  As I tried transitions and simple drills, I felt that there were some brief periods where these close tolerances momentarily compromised my sight picture.

I wanted to improve my sight picture and see if there was an opportunity to effectively use the backup sights without removing the primary optic.  I tried a few different combinations over the weekend.  The co-witness Aimpoint bases combined with the factory backup sights were too high for me.  This led me to installing the Troy Micro HK-height BattleSghts.  The height on these felt perfect but I found they were too low to use when paired with an optic on standard AR-height bases.  I switched the Aimpoint to an American Defense CAS-V mount.  This mount absolute co-witnesses perfectly with the Troy sights.  I ran a few drills and this combination worked great.  This combination allows me to have both a comfortable cheek weld and an ideal height at eye level for consistent placement.

I'm sharing this combination as there have been multiple posts related to getting the ideal optic height for use with the telescopic stock.  There are some HK-height Micro mounts that provide lower 1/3 co-witness but I wanted to stay as compact as possible.  YMMV

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Eform 1 submitted! First one since 41F hit. Now we'll wait and see if there was any weird gotcha that I missed, or if my fingerprints get lost in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone tell me the thread pitch of the 2 small threaded holes on the receiver by the mlok slots?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:
I originally had my APC9K setup with a folding stock.  In this configuration, the Aimpoint Micro sight on the low B&T mount worked fine.  I switched over to the telescopic stock and found that my cheek weld shifted up slightly and I had to pull it in firmly to my cheek to keep a good sight picture.  As I tried transitions and simple drills, I felt that there were some brief periods where these close tolerances momentarily compromised my sight picture.

I wanted to improve my sight picture and see if there was an opportunity to effectively use the backup sights without removing the primary optic.  I tried a few different combinations over the weekend.  The co-witness Aimpoint bases combined with the factory backup sights were too high for me.  This led me to installing the Troy Micro HK-height BattleSghts.  The height on these felt perfect but I found they were too low to use when paired with an optic on standard AR-height bases.  I switched the Aimpoint to an American Defense CAS-V mount.  This mount absolute co-witnesses perfectly with the Troy sights.  I ran a few drills and this combination worked great.  This combination allows me to have both a comfortable cheek weld and an ideal height at eye level for consistent placement.

I'm sharing this combination as there have been multiple posts related to getting the ideal optic height for use with the telescopic stock.  There are some HK-height Micro mounts that provide lower 1/3 co-witness but I wanted to stay as compact as possible.  YMMV

BEFORE:

https://i.imgur.com/WNqqHsX.jpg

AFTER:

https://i.imgur.com/rAGXgUx.jpg
View Quote

This is good info. I just scored a good deal on a telescopic stock for my 9k (paid full retail but I have one now!) and have a T2 in a low mount for it because the absolutely is a bit higher than I’d like with the folding stock not thinking the different stocks would make a difference. I guess we’ll see soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
3mm
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By notserp13:
3mm
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
sorry for the random question but i thought this would be a better place to ask than the optics forum.

i bought the Aimpoint micro tl and B&T quick release low mount combo some time ago and i am missing 3 screws for the mount.

does anyone know if the standard M3 screws that come with the aimpoint micros will fit the B&T low mount?

m3 screws
https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-screw-m3-micro/

B&T mount
https://www.gandrtactical.com/Aimpoint-TL-Micro-4MOA-wBT-Mount_p_1041.html

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
sorry for the random question but i thought this would be a better place to ask than the optics forum.

i bought the Aimpoint micro tl and B&T quick release low mount combo some time ago and i am missing 3 screws for the mount.

does anyone know if the standard M3 screws that come with the aimpoint micros will fit the B&T low mount?

m3 screws
https://www.aimpoint.com/product/aimpoint-screw-m3-micro/

B&T mount
https://www.gandrtactical.com/Aimpoint-TL-Micro-4MOA-wBT-Mount_p_1041.html

View Quote

The screws fit.  The allen wrench size was different.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I originally had my APC9K setup with a folding stock.  In this configuration, the Aimpoint Micro sight on the low B&T mount worked fine.  I switched over to the telescopic stock and found that my cheek weld shifted up slightly and I had to pull it in firmly to my cheek to keep a good sight picture.  As I tried transitions and simple drills, I felt that there were some brief periods where these close tolerances momentarily compromised my sight picture.

I wanted to improve my sight picture and see if there was an opportunity to effectively use the backup sights without removing the primary optic.  I tried a few different combinations over the weekend.  The co-witness Aimpoint bases combined with the factory backup sights were too high for me.  This led me to installing the Troy Micro HK-height BattleSghts.  The height on these felt perfect but I found they were too low to use when paired with an optic on standard AR-height bases.  I switched the Aimpoint to an American Defense CAS-V mount.  This mount absolute co-witnesses perfectly with the Troy sights.  I ran a few drills and this combination worked great.  This combination allows me to have both a comfortable cheek weld and an ideal height at eye level for consistent placement.

I'm sharing this combination as there have been multiple posts related to getting the ideal optic height for use with the telescopic stock.  There are some HK-height Micro mounts that provide lower 1/3 co-witness but I wanted to stay as compact as possible.  YMMV

BEFORE:

https://i.imgur.com/WNqqHsX.jpg

AFTER:

https://i.imgur.com/rAGXgUx.jpg
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:37:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#11]
Originally Posted By branflake12:

It is absolutely meant as a single point. The gun comes with a single point sling, and if you look at how you people shoot PDW's without stocks, its by forcing the gun forward and creating tension. 

I use an MS1 with paraclips and have a second forward on the rail. 

That said, if you (or anyone!) doesnt want their little loop, ive tried unsuccessfully to buy one from B&T and would happily buy any take offs!
View Quote
Yes, but I guess I'm wondering what the advantage is of using a melted-together nylon string loop that can break or rip instead of the integrated polymer loop that is already built into the buffer assembly/stock plate.  The 1-point sling uses H&K style snap hooks that should go right through that integrated loop.  Is there a specific use-case for the nylon string or am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
Yes, but I guess I'm wondering what the advantage is of using a melted-together nylon string loop that can break or rip instead of the integrated polymer loop that is already built into the buffer assembly/stock plate.  The 1-point sling uses H&K style snap hooks that should go right through that integrated loop.  Is there a specific use-case for the nylon string or am I missing something here?
View Quote

I remember that the SAW gunners in my old unit (15 years ago, man I feel old) used to use a paracord loop to go between the metal loop on the stock and the hook on the sling, because it would twist and flex and was replaceable. Hooking the sling hook onto the metal directly would end up with a broken stock loop or a broken sling hook when it would twist in regular use. The paracord can eventually fray and break, but you can usually see it coming and replace it before that happens.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#13]
@TheRat

I appreciate the info.  So basically it's to keep the integrated loop from getting damaged.  Makes sense.  Would be nice if the nylon cord was at least one complete woven loop instead of a string melted together.  It's the fact that it's melted that doesn't inspire confidence.

Oh well.  My APC9 Pro is set up with a 2-point sling anyhow, so I'll just leave it be and ignore it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#14]
We used to melt the knots on our loops as well, to prevent the loose ends from fraying.

There's also the noise factor to consider, metal sling clip in a solid hole is gonna make more noise than in Paracord.

But yeah it's not super ideal and I'm slapping in one of those Preston Precision QD sockets in mine whenever it gets back from engraving.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheRat:
We used to melt the knots on our loops as well, to prevent the loose ends from fraying.

There's also the noise factor to consider, metal sling clip in a solid hole is gonna make more noise than in Paracord.

But yeah it's not super ideal and I'm slapping in one of those Preston Precision QD sockets in mine whenever it gets back from engraving.
View Quote

Preston is what I recommend. I’ve had mine for several months and it’s never had a problem. My only gripe is the lack of rotation limited QD.

And that they don’t make a 9k version.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]

The screws fit.  The allen wrench size was different.
View Quote

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Midwest industries makes a folding brace QD socket as well, it might be rotation limited.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#18]

Got my Glock lower from Hollowtrail.  I like the gun so much better with the Glock lower.

The more I use the telescoping brace the less I like it.  I may have to go back to the side folder.

Edit:  And for some reason unknown to me, ARFCOM put the picture upside down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:57:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#19]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20200515_083516-1417210.jpg

Got my Glock lower from Hollowtrail.  I like the gun so much better with the Glock lower.

The more I use the telescoping brace the less I like it.  I may have to go back to the side folder.

Edit:  And for some reason unknown to me, ARFCOM put the picture upside down.
View Quote

Why don’t you like the telescoping brace? I’ve got a stock version on the way for my 9k. Curious if I made an expensive mistake!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58648/20200515_083516-1417210.jpg

Got my Glock lower from Hollowtrail.  I like the gun so much better with the Glock lower.

The more I use the telescoping brace the less I like it.  I may have to go back to the side folder.

Edit:  And for some reason unknown to me, ARFCOM put the picture upside down.
View Quote

I came to the same conclusion. The telescopic stock looks cool but didn’t feel as good as the folding stock so I ended up selling it and keeping the folder
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:I came to the same conclusion. The telescopic stock looks cool but didn’t feel as good as the folding stock so I ended up selling it and keeping the folder
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:

I came to the same conclusion. The telescopic stock looks cool but didn’t feel as good as the folding stock so I ended up selling it and keeping the folder
View Quote

I went a similar route. I had 4 of the telescopic stocks and though they looked cool I just did not like the way they felt while shooting. I've tried almost every stock you can put on a B&T APC series firearm and the adapted ACR stock version is by far my favorite. I really like the way it looks but it is so comfortable to shoot and the adjustable cheek rest is great too. I liked them so much that I put them on 5 of my B&T's.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

I went a similar route. I had 4 of the telescopic stocks and though they looked cool I just did not like the way they felt while shooting. I've tried almost every stock you can put on a B&T APC series firearm and the adapted ACR stock version is by far my favorite. I really like the way it looks but it is so comfortable to shoot and the adjustable cheek rest is great too. I liked them so much that I put them on 5 of my B&T's.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_group_shot-1217545.jpg
View Quote

I’m trying to do a ACR stock. I have one ready to go but Dan Haga has Ben OOS of the adapters for weeks
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
My apc9k with glock mag lower is up for sale if anyone is looking for one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#25]
has anyone broken a disconnector?

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By humahuma:has anyone broken a disconnector?
View Quote

Not sure if I broke mine, but it went ‘bad’ and the gun started doubling which was actually kinda fun. B&T replaced it with one from the ‘Pro’ which is supposedly different and improved compared to my legacy APC.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#27]
thanks. they sent me a new one so hopefully it wont happen again.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have experience with the Surefire Ryder MP5 suppressor on an APC9? Eyeing this can over the Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By aa_bran:
Anyone have experience with the Surefire Ryder MP5 suppressor on an APC9? Eyeing this can over the Omega 9K.
View Quote

I was eyeing one as well, but Surefire's website says it's at 131db. That's identical to the Omega 9K, and certainly more than my current AAC Tirant 9 (125), so that killed any desire for me to get one. Same size as my AAC, but louder. Only benefit would be stainless steel construction.

I have no experience with the Omega 9K though, just going off of the numbers I've seen online.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Not sure if I broke mine, but it went ‘bad’ and the gun started doubling which was actually kinda fun. B&T replaced it with one from the ‘Pro’ which is supposedly different and improved compared to my legacy APC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By humahuma:has anyone broken a disconnector?

Not sure if I broke mine, but it went ‘bad’ and the gun started doubling which was actually kinda fun. B&T replaced it with one from the ‘Pro’ which is supposedly different and improved compared to my legacy APC.

Ive also went through this issue...

Among other things...

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#31]
interesting. when b&t sent you a new disconnector, did you have issues with that one?

i only have about 1500 rounds through mine (original version) so i cant believe its normal wear that caused mine to break.

FYI - B&T USA customer service has been awesome
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

A lot cheaper than a Franklin Armory Binary

Anyone tried these?
https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-ma-p10-bt-mag-extenders
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
interesting. when b&t sent you a new disconnector, did you have issues with that one?

i only have about 1500 rounds through mine (original version) so i cant believe its normal wear that caused mine to break.

FYI - B&T USA customer service has been awesome
View Quote

I determined it was the disconnector from function checking the trigger pack and sent the only the pack to them for repair. Mine was around 1500 rounds too. Seems to be a common problem with the originals.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

A lot cheaper than a Franklin Armory Binary 

Anyone tried these?
https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/csm-ma-p10-bt-mag-extenders
View Quote

I have the CSM +10 and + 5. No issues with either on the TP9 or GHM9. APC has the Glock lower so I haven’t used them in that

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#35]
So I finally created an account here. And I’ve read the entire 52 page thread and just purchased an Apc9k pro
Plan to run a mag coupler. Mro low mount. Sb folding brace. In force on the right side. And bopro buis.  And use as a back pack and home defense gun. I had two quick questions for y’all.
I’m left handed and IM not sure how to make a sling setup for this. The only thing that makes sense is a single point sling attached to an offset qd mount at the rear of the 12 o’clock rail. Is this feasible?
Also. I want to know if anyone has recommendations on what self defense ammo they found to be reliable in this platform. Thanks again for all of your guys’ wealth of knowledge here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:11:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deanwormer] [#36]
Originally Posted By Tjr2424:
So I finally created an account here. And I’ve read the entire 52 page thread and just purchased an Apc9k pro
Plan to run a mag coupler. Mro low mount. Sb folding brace. In force on the right side. And bopro buis.  And use as a back pack and home defense gun. I had two quick questions for y’all.
I’m left handed and IM not sure how to make a sling setup for this. The only thing that makes sense is a single point sling attached to an offset qd mount at the rear of the 12 o’clock rail. Is this feasible?
Also. I want to know if anyone has recommendations on what self defense ammo they found to be reliable in this platform. Thanks again for all of your guys’ wealth of knowledge here.
View Quote

Welcome. Good choice.
The APC 9 should eat almost anything. Mine does except aluminum case cheapo.  

I rely on regular federal HST 124gr I don’t see the need for +P but I also use a regular length APC. Non +P feels about the same as nato 9mm ball which is my preferred practice ammo and basically the same POA:POI at 50yd.

By the way. Weaker ammo tends to result in grass a bit more 3-4 o clock which isn’t too big a deal but I prefer the cases to go 2-3 o clock with nato or hot euro loads (fiocchi. Brown bear PPU nato(

Sling wise. If I used one I would consider a VTAC Qd low profile rail mount on the top rail and tie it to the stock/bracehowever you want (2 point).  

For one point could you just clip it on the back of the stock/brace?

Eta:  as a lefty. You will not like that left hand side safety digging into your trigger finger when you flip to fire. I recommend filing it down. You can order a spare from B&T
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

Eta:  as a lefty. You will not like that left hand side safety digging into your trigger finger when you flip to fire. I recommend filing it down. You can order a spare from B&T
View Quote

Or get the Safety-delete from HB Industries to replace the right side safety.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bmg2:

Or get the Safety-delete from HB Industries to replace the right side safety.
View Quote

That does you no good as a lefty. You want the right side one and the left side is different.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:26:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tjr2424] [#39]
Thanks for the Info I run 124 hst on all my pistols so that’s nice for me. I’ll look into the sling options and work on figuring out what to do with the selector.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Also, I'm going to be running the sbti brace on the apc9k pro. I've looked at the vtac sling mount as well as the fortis. One thing I just came across is the midwest industried brace mount that seems like it would be a lot better option. Just not sure of the quality and dependability. does anyone have experience with the mi sling mount? I'll attach links of each below.
fortis
https://www.opticsplanet.com/fortis-manufacturing-picatinny-rail-attachment-point-sling-mount.html
vtac
https://www.opticsplanet.com/viking-tactics-vtac-low-profile-sling-mount.html
midwest brace mount
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbt-series-midwest-industries-qd-sling-adapter/

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3-gun] [#41]
Got the can today. Hybrid 46 with 9mm end cap and 3 lug
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:18:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tjr2424] [#42]
nice man. I'm doing the same setup for mine! looks great! only difference i'm gonna keep the 46 end cap on since i have an asr mount for it as well. and with the .46 end cap it's only a hair louder with less gas blowback.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#43]
does anyone have photos of the apc9 magazine footprint? I'm wondering the difference between the 20, 25, and 30 round mags when in the gun. My apc9k is going in a back pack and the 30 seems just a bit too long (width wise) when stored vertically in the bag between the end of the mag and top of the optic, but my local gun store only carries 30's so id have to order either the 20's or 25's and want to make sure i get the right size.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:42:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#44]
30 is 8", 25 is 7", 20 is 6". bumper adds about an 1/8"

im a fan of the 25 for plinking

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]
is that a 30 or 25 in the gun?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I find a 15 keeps the bottom roughly in line with the grip bottom, and fits in the very small backpack i use to transport the APC. Keep a 15 in it, a 30 in one of the side pockets, can on the other, sling rolled up and tucked into the space under the rail.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:39:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#47]
edited
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#48]
As far as spare/replacement parts, what would y'all keep on hand for an APC9 Pro?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#49]
Originally Posted By TheRat:
As far as spare/replacement parts, what would y'all keep on hand for an APC9 Pro?
View Quote

Spare bolt parts are always a good idea.  I'd recommend the firing pin kit (BT-KIT010) and extractor kit (BT-KIT011).  You could always add an ejector kit (BT-KIT012) for more peace of mind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#50]
APC9K Finally Arrived... Starting putting all of the accessories on it and ran into an issue.
The Mag coupler I bought for it fits over the mags, but doesn't seem to lock them into place well enough... I get it as tight as it goes and simply loading it into the magwell or bumping them makes them slide. Is the mag coupler defective? I feel like once they're both fully loaded and its bouncing around on a sling the magazines are going to slide around in it. has anyone else had similar problems. any reccomendations?
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 52 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top