BCM
User Panel

B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 53 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tjr2424:
APC9K Finally Arrived... Starting putting all of the accessories on it and ran into an issue.
The Mag coupler I bought for it fits over the mags, but doesn't seem to lock them into place well enough... I get it as tight as it goes and simply loading it into the magwell or bumping them makes them slide. Is the mag coupler defective? I feel like once they're both fully loaded and its bouncing around on a sling the magazines are going to slide around in it. has anyone else had similar problems. any reccomendations?
View Quote

There was some discussion about this on page 51.  Looks like there were two different versions.  One has a way to lock the mags in place.  Newer design doesn't seem to have that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So I got on the phone With Jordan from B&T and sent him some photos. He said the retailer most likely sent a 45 coupler by mistake. They're going to send me a replacement immediately. Talk about incredible customer service. Only makes me that much happier to own a b&t.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So I got on the phone With Jordan from B&T and sent him some photos. He said the retailer most likely sent a 45 coupler by mistake. They're going to send me a replacement immediately. Talk about incredible customer service. Only makes me that much happier to own a b&t.
View Quote

That's great!  When you receive the coupler, will you please come back and tell us if it has the locking indentations?  I'd like to know if there are actually two versions, or if something else is going on.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
will do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sigtac] [#5]

Question- Do you add the US to the prefix
Did you add or omit the dash?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sigtac:
Form 1 question

Just had one denied due to serial number sequence. Instead of allowing me to fix I have to go through the entire process again.

Question- Do you add the US to the prefix (its an APC9K)
View Quote

Yes, I used the US.  US space XX-XXXXX.

US XX-XXXXX
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MobileTaylor:

US XX-XXXXX
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sigtac:
Form 1 question

Just had one denied due to serial number sequence. Instead of allowing me to fix I have to go through the entire process again.

Question- Do you add the US to the prefix (its an APC9K)

US XX-XXXXX

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
yes it does have the locking indentations.
Also since mine turned out to be a 45 coupler if anyone needs one they can just message me.

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
It sure does... can't explain that one!  It appears they updated the design, but I'm not sure why.  Perhaps it's so people like me can choose where they want the coupler to be positioned.  With the nub, I believe it would have to be at the very bottom where the circular recesses are located.  I bought mine from Tar Heel State Firearms recently, FWIW.
View Quote

Looks like the one B&T just sent out has the nub to lock it in place.  Is it possible you have the version for the 45?

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:58:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tjr2424] [#10]
doesn't look like the 45 one i got had any nub on it. certainly not to the extent as the new replacement has.
Sorry if this is confusing. To explain
I have a Apc9k
Ordered a 9mm B&t coupler.
Was sent a 45 coupler in 9mm packaging.
Contacted B&t who graciously sent a replacement.
Received a 9mm coupler. This did have a nub indentation. Fits very secure.
Willing to send 45 coupler that I received by mistake. to anyone who needs it just for cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anybody threaded their barrel ahead of the tri lug for a 1/2 x 28? Is it possible to do that for both. I have a omega 9k and a surefire ryder 9 pending and would like to be able to use both.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Has anybody threaded their barrel ahead of the tri lug for a 1/2 x 28? Is it possible to do that for both. I have a omega 9k and a surefire ryder 9 pending and would like to be able to use both.
View Quote

The barrel is threaded and the 3-lug is just screwed on.  You could get a different 3-lug mount that is also threaded and use that instead of the one that comes with the gun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:

The barrel is threaded and the 3-lug is just screwed on.  You could get a different 3-lug mount that is also threaded and use that instead of the one that comes with the gun.
View All Quotes

The K is threaded, he's obviously talking about a non K configuration with 3 lug only.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

how do you secure the 3 lug? What's the procedure other than just hand tight?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N_Parker] [#15]
Originally Posted By brich2929:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brich2929:

Use a 3 lug wrench or just an adjustable spanner wrench with some Flexbar Rocksett.

Rocksett
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Ive also wondered if anyone had this done. When i contacted B&T USA when i bought my (non K) they said they didnt thread them from the factory to ensure no damage was done by the end user and to validate warranty claims.

They then release a threaded K version, presumably with the same barrel.

I also wondered if a K barrel would drop into a non K, and if a slim can could be recessed under the handguard.

Has anyone tried either?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Why not just use the B&T QD 3-Lug To 1/2x28 Suppressor Adapter?  

Product Code: BT-122352

B&T QD 3-Lug To 1/2x28 Suppressor Adapter. Permits use of 1/2x28 TPI direct thread suppressors to mount on standard 9mm tri-lug barrels such as B&T KH9, APC9, GHM9 and HK MP5

Won't cause any issues with the warranty?

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#18]
Why not just use the B&T QD 3-Lug To 1/2x28 Suppressor Adapter?  

Product Code: BT-122352

B&T QD 3-Lug To 1/2x28 Suppressor Adapter. Permits use of 1/2x28 TPI direct thread suppressors to mount on standard 9mm tri-lug barrels such as B&T KH9, APC9, GHM9 and HK MP5

Won't cause any issues with the warranty?

View Quote

Im fairly certain that didnt exist in 2017 when i bought my APC or i wouldnt have gotten a 3 lug capable can

Any reason that wouldnt work with the Osprey? Other than adding a lot of length?

Edit: I dont see why the SiCO 3 lug wouldnt work other than not having the ratchet " teeth" for timing, but SiCo assures me it will not. With how popular PCC's are, I dont know why they wouldnt make a 3lug that would just have those notches cut in, so it must be more than that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#19]
this?

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/hk-navy-style-3-lug-suppressor-adapter-w-1-2-28-muzzle/
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Thats adding a 3 lug to a 1/2x28 barrel. APC's have integral 3 lugs and no 1/2x28. The adapter posted above at TarHeel will work, I was just wanting a 3 lug mount that would screw into the Osprey. It works for the Omega, which shares all other mounts with the Osprey, just was told the 3 lug is not possible.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#21]
Originally Posted By branflake12:
Thats adding a 3 lug to a 1/2x28 barrel. APC's have integral 3 lugs and no 1/2x28. The adapter posted above at TarHeel will work, I was just wanting a 3 lug mount that would screw into the Osprey. It works for the Omega, which shares all other mounts with the Osprey, just was told the 3 lug is not possible.
View Quote

As you've discovered, the Osprey can use the pistons but not the Alpha accessories (including the direct thread mounts and 3-lug mount).

The B&T QD 3-Lug To 1/2x28 Suppressor Adapter is a workable solution when used with a fixed barrel spacer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Heavy.
Do you know what keeps it from working? I am tempted to find my osprey tool and see if i can mod a 3 lug in a mock up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyArtillery] [#23]
Thanks Heavy.
Do you know what keeps it from working? I am tempted to find my osprey tool and see if i can mod a 3 lug in a mock up.
View Quote

The Osprey has a more narrow width around the mount (1.3") and was designed to utilize the cam lever and spring retainer components to provide both alignment and support for the piston assembly.   In general, the suppressors that support the Alpha assemblies are wider (1.48").   You can see the differences in seating depth and width when you remove the Osprey piston assembly and compare the opening between the Osprey and an Alpha-compatible suppressor (such as the Omega K).
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you, nobody at SiCo would take the time to explain that, but now I see. Going to order the adapter. Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have APC9 PROs with Glock lowers in stock?

These things are hard to find.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#26]
anyone know where I can get a 2nd end cap for the apc9 pro? anyone looking to sell theirs after getting a collapsable brace/stock? would like to have 1 for folding brace and 1 for folding stock... thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CPshooter1:
New stock came today (thanks THSF!).  Same length as the folding skeleton when extended to the longest position.  I threw on an Aimpoint I had laying around just to try it out, and cheek weld is perfect for an absolute co-witness setup.  It's exactly what I was hoping for.  I ended up exchanging a black Holosun HS510C for the same thing in FDE, so that is the optic I'll be running on it.  9 months from now, I should have my B&T 3-lug can as well to complete the build.  Should be a very fun gun to shoot suppressed!  Can't wait...

https://drscdn.500px.org/photo/1015436054/m%3D900/v2?sig=1ef66631b30537aeb3a060ca76ff5ece821a5e7d619e285abc22cf6a250e3f94

https://drscdn.500px.org/photo/1015436053/m%3D900/v2?sig=47cf74db3a8498d1016e2f1946021561c02f6e8922159f2e73dc06a9281b01cd
View Quote

I was thinking about getting one of those stocks. Does it feel short? I normally running the UMPs for length
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#29]
Originally Posted By methical20:
Does anyone have APC9 PROs with Glock lowers in stock?

These things are hard to find.
View Quote

i think tarheel just got some

edit: glockO posted link
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:46:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#30]
saw one in the EE for like $800  

Edit: $950
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#31]
saw one in the EE for like $800  

Edit: $950
View Quote

Wtf?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#32]
just got my apc9 pro this week - i noticed on mine that the 2 pic side rails have 3 holes...2 for screw mounting to the receiver, then the 3rd hole is empty? anyone know why or what this is for? seems like only a handful of apc9's i've seen have the extra hole in the side pic rails

thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#33]

I just got my apc-g glock lower in and made a quick video showing the swap out in case anyone's interested.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#34]
43 days and counting on the form 1 clearing. Come on already!

(And you may see I solved my IR laser dilemma from several pages back in the most stupid possible way )
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By hoodfu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-XGtzR_f4

I just got my apc-g glock lower in and made a quick video showing the swap out in case anyone's interested.
View Quote

are you looking to sell the old lower?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Not at this time. Now that I have the Glock lower, I'd like to see if I can get a Geissele single state trigger to work in the original one. The APCs already come with a rather good trigger, but nothing beats Geissele.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:03:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#37]
Originally Posted By TheRat:
43 days and counting on the form 1 clearing. Come on already!

(And you may see I solved my IR laser dilemma from several pages back in the most stupid possible way )
https://i.imgur.com/49bCMvI.jpg
View Quote

My Man...looking good.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:

My Man...looking good.
View Quote

Thanks! It'll be looking even better when the F1 clears and I can pop the intended stock on. (Magpul SL-K.)

Right now I think the SBA3 just looks weird and gangly on there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Is $2450 for a mp9k with Glock lower about the going rate right now?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I assume that you mean APC9K with Glock lower, but yes, if you want one, and find one in stock, I don’t think 2450 is out of line.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TheRat:

Thanks! It'll be looking even better when the F1 clears and I can pop the intended stock on. (Magpul SL-K.)

Right now I think the SBA3 just looks weird and gangly on there.
View Quote

Did you consider a factory folder?  I go back and forth between the factory folder and collapsing on mine.  Really like the folder, but the slider is there best for compact storage.

You get your stamp back yet?  I filed two right around the same time, still waiting.  Seeing all those 20ish day approvals is killing me.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Did you consider a factory folder?  I go back and forth between the factory folder and collapsing on mine.  Really like the folder, but the slider is there best for compact storage.

You get your stamp back yet?  I filed two right around the same time, still waiting.  Seeing all those 20ish day approvals is killing me.
View Quote

The factory folder would put my cheek weld a bit low for that height optic mount unfortunately. Besides, I like being able to collapse as well as fold. I had the B&T folder on my former MP5K SBR and it was fine, but I really do prefer the adjustability.

No form 1 yet for me unfortunately.

On the plus side, I got to try out my APC9 at night the other night on some steel targets with the MAWL. It was a hoot! Was banging off 3" hexagons from 20m with no trouble at all, along with a spinner target. Even was able to hit a 100y 2/3 IPSC without too much trouble. My other laser equipped rifles are 556, so I can't really use them on steel up close. I gotta tell you now, night shooting with the laser with a PCC is fun on a bun.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

View Quote

Doesn’t the collapsing stock actually make the APC9 a little longer when closed up?  Compared to the folding stock in the folded position?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Doesn’t the collapsing stock actually make the APC9 a little longer when closed up?  Compared to the folding stock in the folded position?
View Quote

Thats correct.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Not near as wide though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 6:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#46]
View Quote
I'm glad you posted this.  I guess I came to the wrong conclusion then - I thought B&T maybe changed the design to allow the coupler to be positioned anywhere along the mag body.  Sounds like we all got .45 couplers by mistake.  Oops!  I'm going to try and exchange mine for a 9mm one.  I'd rather know it's secured properly to the magazine, even if it forces me to put the coupler at the very bottom.

*edit*

I called B&T USA and they are hooking me up w/ a proper 9mm coupler.  I first contacted G&R Tactical, which is where I originally purchased mine, but they had no clue what was going on.  Wasn't worth the effort to try and exchange it through them, but luckily Jordan @ B&T USA knew about the issue and was willing to help.  He said B&T in Switzerland had shipped a bunch of these couplers over to the USA loose in a box without any labeling or markings, so that is likely where the mixup occurred.  Just FYI.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a Glock lower and selling my BT mags.  Selling it as a 5 pack if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BS68280:
Picked up a Glock lower and selling my BT mags.  Selling it as a 5 pack if anyone is interested.
View Quote

what price? and 30 rounders?
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I just bought one of the new Pro models with the Sig P320 lower. It should come in this week! Pretty pumped!
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By americaninfidel007:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By americaninfidel007:
Originally Posted By BS68280:

Gonna keep it as a package for 200 shipped.  Yeah they are 30 rounders.
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 53 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top