Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OK; range report...sorry it took a few days, been busy!

If you have a short attention span just read the next sentence:

RUN>>>BUY NOW!!!

OK, now the details:

I am using a newer 995TS. No problems with assembly other than the parts fit tight. A little lube helped that. I assembled the upper and lower a few times and they were tight, very tight. Lube helped a great deal. I used a silicone lube made for rubber and plastic so no worries on that.

I followed the directions closely, you should too. Take your time and get to know the new stock. There are details about it you will want to be clear on, especially the part about the trigger adjustment. Nothing complicated, just stuff you want to know. Things like you want to pull back the slide, cock the action and then put the safety ON (up) so the action will fit into the stock. Install the action pins and make the trigger adjustments now. The take up needs some setting to get it right.

Once you get it together check the fit of the magazines. Mine was just a bit tight at first. No real problem but I checked it with the top cover of the stock off and also with the action out so I could be familiar with how everything worked.

Now, the fun part...the range!

I took all my magazines. For the record these included the factory ten rounders, the Red Ball 20 rounders and two ProMag 15 round units. (The latest generation ones that actually work). On the ProMags you need to remove the "sleeve" part as its not needed on this stock.

Today's ammo was all 115 gn. round nose, my standard range ammo.

What happened? Well, nothing unexpected. ALL the magazines worked flawlessly. They feed perfectly, they fit in and came loose as they should...mostly...but it was as much my fault as the rifles when there was a very slight hick-up. There is a bit of a learning curve to this set up, but its like super simple. It appears that if you lock the bolt back and then insert the magazine that works better. Then (and this is the important lesson for me today) when you are ready to shoot, pull the bolt all the way back and then release it. Pulling it completely back makes cambering the first round much more reliable. If I recall I had a couple of times then the first round didn't feed perfectly. When I started pulling the bolt completely to the rear first, then no problems at all catching that first round. Once I was firing there was never an issue with this as the bolt was going clear back to the rear on its own.

The stock has a built in buffer and I think this helps make it feel so much better than the factory stock. Its very noticeably smoother to me as one would expect with the buffer. I also think its this buffer that causes you to need to pull the charging handle back on the first round. Once you realize this it becomes second nature and you just do it.

What's it like to shoot? Pure fun, fun, fun! Really!! I own eight 9mm PCC's and I know good from bad. This is going to become one of my favorites for sure. It just seems so compact. It shoots smoothly. The controls are all well placed. I love the charging handle, the mag release, the safety on the trigger. This thing rocks....!  For the record...the trigger on my new Ruger 9mm carbine is better but this trigger is quite acceptable, not great, but acceptable.

As for those Red Ball 20 round magazines, here is the scoop on that: Standing up you will never notice the length. If you are shooting off a rest on the bench, well, they will hit the bench. If you raise up your rest a bit then its OK. But, they are long mags and you need to remember that. The Pro-Mags (some hate but I have no issues at all with them) don't seem to have this issue.

The future: I could have never believed that anyone could make a 995 in to such a nice piece to shoot. This stock has an adapter in the mag well and its easy to see that it may, MAY, happen that someone like HTA will make a double stack mag for this carbine. I think when people wake up and see how great this stock is and how well it works they will be selling like cold beer on a hot day. Then when that happens the market will be ripe for someone spending the money to make the double stack magazines. Until then...well...I have just gotten started on this project and who knows... :)

Price: Some say it costs too much at the current $249 point. I say this: You get what you pay for. There is a lot to this stock with the internal pieces to make it function, etc. Andy and his guys put a hell of a lot of work and monetary investment into this project and have produced one fine product. I would not hesitate to buy another one at this price. Its just that good of a product. I am thrilled I put my name on the list early and waited, it was well worth it and I am one very happy customer. I looked at other bull pup options and they were two to three times more expensive than this set-up. Besides, I like the looks of it.

So, if you want to really have some fun with your Hi-Point and like the idea of a super compact 26" carbine that works great...well, grab one.

P.S. At the range today people took great interest in this rifle. The range officer noticed that it shot very well and wanted a look. He handled it and liked the fit and balance. Everyone who looked at it was impressed but also surprised that there was a Hi Point hiding inside that attractive stock. I can see now that my often neglected 995 Hi Point is going to get a lot more use now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Not ridiculously expensive either. I wonder if they will redo their 9mm ones like that eventually.
View Quote
I'm rather hoping RedBall will take their 20 round .45 ACP HiPoint coffin mag and make a 1911 compatible version.  But clearly RedBall has the technology to make a doublestack mag for the High Tower stock.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OK; range report...sorry it took a few days, been busy!

If you have a short attention span just read the next sentence:

RUN>>>BUY NOW!!!

OK, now the details:

I am using a newer 995TS. No problems with assembly other than the parts fit tight. A little lube helped that. I assembled the upper and lower a few times and they were tight, very tight. Lube helped a great deal. I used a silicone lube made for rubber and plastic so no worries on that.

I followed the directions closely, you should too. Take your time and get to know the new stock. There are details about it you will want to be clear on, especially the part about the trigger adjustment. Nothing complicated, just stuff you want to know. Things like you want to pull back the slide, cock the action and then put the safety ON (up) so the action will fit into the stock. Install the action pins and make the trigger adjustments now. The take up needs some setting to get it right.

Once you get it together check the fit of the magazines. Mine was just a bit tight at first. No real problem but I checked it with the top cover of the stock off and also with the action out so I could be familiar with how everything worked.

Now, the fun part...the range!

I took all my magazines. For the record these included the factory ten rounders, the Red Ball 20 rounders and two ProMag 15 round units. (The latest generation ones that actually work). On the ProMags you need to remove the "sleeve" part as its not needed on this stock.

Today's ammo was all 115 gn. round nose, my standard range ammo.

What happened? Well, nothing unexpected. ALL the magazines worked flawlessly. They feed perfectly, they fit in and came loose as they should...mostly...but it was as much my fault as the rifles when there was a very slight hick-up. There is a bit of a learning curve to this set up, but its like super simple. It appears that if you lock the bolt back and then insert the magazine that works better. Then (and this is the important lesson for me today) when you are ready to shoot, pull the bolt all the way back and then release it. Pulling it completely back makes cambering the first round much more reliable. If I recall I had a couple of times then the first round didn't feed perfectly. When I started pulling the bolt completely to the rear first, then no problems at all catching that first round. Once I was firing there was never an issue with this as the bolt was going clear back to the rear on its own.

The stock has a built in buffer and I think this helps make it feel so much better than the factory stock. Its very noticeably smoother to me as one would expect with the buffer. I also think its this buffer that causes you to need to pull the charging handle back on the first round. Once you realize this it becomes second nature and you just do it.

What's it like to shoot? Pure fun, fun, fun! Really!! I own eight 9mm PCC's and I know good from bad. This is going to become one of my favorites for sure. It just seems so compact. It shoots smoothly. The controls are all well placed. I love the charging handle, the mag release, the safety on the trigger. This thing rocks....!  For the record...the trigger on my new Ruger 9mm carbine is better but this trigger is quite acceptable, not great, but acceptable.

As for those Red Ball 20 round magazines, here is the scoop on that: Standing up you will never notice the length. If you are shooting off a rest on the bench, well, they will hit the bench. If you raise up your rest a bit then its OK. But, they are long mags and you need to remember that. The Pro-Mags (some hate but I have no issues at all with them) don't seem to have this issue.

The future: I could have never believed that anyone could make a 995 in to such a nice piece to shoot. This stock has an adapter in the mag well and its easy to see that it may, MAY, happen that someone like HTA will make a double stack mag for this carbine. I think when people wake up and see how great this stock is and how well it works they will be selling like cold beer on a hot day. Then when that happens the market will be ripe for someone spending the money to make the double stack magazines. Until then...well...I have just gotten started on this project and who knows... :)

Price: Some say it costs too much at the current $249 point. I say this: You get what you pay for. There is a lot to this stock with the internal pieces to make it function, etc. Andy and his guys put a hell of a lot of work and monetary investment into this project and have produced one fine product. I would not hesitate to buy another one at this price. Its just that good of a product. I am thrilled I put my name on the list early and waited, it was well worth it and I am one very happy customer. I looked at other bull pup options and they were two to three times more expensive than this set-up. Besides, I like the looks of it.

So, if you want to really have some fun with your Hi-Point and like the idea of a super compact 26" carbine that works great...well, grab one.

P.S. At the range today people took great interest in this rifle. The range officer noticed that it shot very well and wanted a look. He handled it and liked the fit and balance. Everyone who looked at it was impressed but also surprised that there was a Hi Point hiding inside that attractive stock. I can see now that my often neglected 995 Hi Point is going to get a lot more use now.
View Quote
Did you shoot it left-handed?  Even with the deflector it looks like you need to be careful.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Was having trouble getting the trigger to reset, after playing with the top (take-up) screw for about 30 minutes it fell out...and now it works perfectly.

So fyi removing the screw might help if you are having issues with trigger reset.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you shoot it left-handed?  Even with the deflector it looks like you need to be careful.
View Quote
I did not shoot it left handed. It comes with a deflector for Lefties and I have heard that it works just fine. Being right handed I didn't install the deflector so I can't help too much. I did note that it laid the brass out nice and neat so I don know its not tossing that stuff all over. Its really a nice set up and they have put a lot of effort into making this a first class product. I like the real metal rails and such.  Its very easy to take down for cleaning and the parts fit nice and snug. The trigger is quiet acceptable (it is a HiPoint so its not a match set up as you know) and I have no complaints at all. Would I buy it again? You bet ya!
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was having trouble getting the trigger to reset, after playing with the top (take-up) screw for about 30 minutes it fell out...and now it works perfectly.

So fyi removing the screw might help if you are having issues with trigger reset.
View Quote
I never had issue getting my trigger to reset, sort of.

When loading the first round you need to pull that charging handle all the way back into the buffer to get it to reset. As for shooting, no issues on mine but there is one detail that could make a difference. When I first got my 995 the bottom of the trigger had a very sharp curve and it was quite pointed on the bottom, very uncomfortable to shoot. I took a small file and smoothed that all out and even rounded off the "point" on the bottom of the trigger. This of course made it easier for the trigger to reset in the stock. So, maybe that is why I ddn't have an issue? Don't know, I only have this one stock to look at and it works perfectly on my action.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Can these be purchased anywhere right now? I see on HTA's site they are still "coming soon", but nowhere to place an order.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can these be purchased anywhere right now? I see on HTA's site they are still "coming soon", but nowhere to place an order.
View Quote
Get in line.  I was one of the first on the list almost 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok fair enough, but I'm not seeing a preorder anywhere else either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Be patient, they are turning them out as quickly as they can. Remember some of us put our name on the list nearly two years ago.....so we were first in line. They can't fill all the orders at once. Like any new product they are HOT....HOT....HOT.

I waited a long, long time. I offered up cash nearly two years back but they said..."Put your name on the list and get in line".  Well, I did....and I have been having a blast with my new toy!  It is great fun and worth the wait. They will get to you all ASAP I am sure. Be patient, and yes, its worth the wait.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  Ok fair enough, but I'm not seeing a preorder anywhere else either.
View Quote
They ended the pre-order list some time ago.  Just wait, they're going to work down through the list until it becomes a regular production item.  Then you'll hopefully get one as a non-beta tester.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys, I'm good on waiting. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something on potential to order. I didn't know about the backstory on this product, other than seeing a picture and report here and there from HTA.

I do appreciate your guys the early recipients reports, looks like a really cool bullpup aftermarket option. I've never been very interested in a hi point product until now, although I know people with them who will swear that the carbines are solid.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  Thanks guys, I'm good on waiting. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something on potential to order. I didn't know about the backstory on this product, other than seeing a picture and report here and there from HTA.

I do appreciate your guys the early recipients reports, looks like a really cool bullpup aftermarket option. I've never been very interested in a hi point product until now, although I know people with them who will swear that the carbines are solid.
View Quote
Hell, the pistols are solid.  I was hitting a hot water heater @ 130 yds last Saturday w/ my JHP.  The weak point is the factory mag lips sometimes need to be tweaked - so I run 1911 mags in my pistol & carbine, thanks to ThingMeister's $30 mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
When it comes to machines I am very direct and honest. I can tell you that I have a collection of PCC's and of that group two are HiPoints. I have them for the simple reason that years ago I wanted to try a 9mm PCC just to see if I would like one. The cheapest thing out there was a Hi Point 995. To be perfectly honest it was crude looking compared to "traditional" firearms. The bolt is cast zinc alloy, the extractor is two pieces of stamped steel, the firing pin is used as the ejector for flipping out the spent round. It is one of the finest examples in the fire arms universe of a designer making a reliable and accurate piece at the minimum cost to produce and sell. Being such it is not fancy. But, it is reliable and hits what you aim out. If you want pretty, look elsewhere...and pay a lot more! If it is reliability you are after, look no further.

I kept a 995 around as no PCC collection should be without one. But, I didn't shoot it much. Well, since getting this new HTA bullpup stock this 995 is burning up ammo.  But why now? Because its FUN. The configuration makes the rifle really compact and comfortable to shoot. +1  Then there is the buffer system. +2   HTA has engineered a buffer that really tames the recoil impulse on this rifle. It is very very smooth now, a pleasure to shoot for sure compared to many of my other PCC's. So, its more comfortable, its smooth and lastly, it looks like it cost four or five times more money than I have in it. So, its a bargain and most everyone enjoys a bargain, especially in a reliable firearm.

So while some will scoff at the Hi Point being a "cheap" gun those of us who own them and have shot them for many many years know that they work. The new HTA stock has gone and made them pretty and smooth and oh-so sexy so now we can show them off in public and not have our shooing friends try to shame us. Thing is people are coming over to me now and want to know that this sexy new rifle is.  I like that.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe HTA had posted they’re anticipating getting thru the email list by end of summer at their current rate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I will be converting my Dads 995 today. Cant wait. I might even purchase a OD green one for his 4595.

I'll post a pic when its done. Cant wait to shoot it. First time using the Red Ball mags as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I believe HTA had posted they’re anticipating getting thru the email list by end of summer at their current rate.
View Quote
I got to give them props for being a smart small company and not going crazy with preorder shit and hype where they would be so buried in orders that people would be waiting for a long time and getting pissed, and instead doing a limited pre order list and holding off on listing it on their site until that’s been met. It’s kind of refreshing to see.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Should have my stock on Monday too, very excited about it
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Super simple to put together. Longest part was learning how to break down the 995. Time to shoot it now.

ETA: The top of the stock slides on via tongue and groove. Not too bad to line it up. Like others have said the fit is tight yet that is good.

Had to see how it looked with the Eotech.

This is the optic it will get though. Cheap BSA.

Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The new 20 rnd RedBall .45 mags are coffin-type double stacks, indicating that what HighTower is envisioning may be possible.
View Quote
I would like Redball Sports to make a coffin-type double stack "shorty" for 9mm. The redball 9mm mags are just too long. I don't need a 30 rounder yet a 20 round double stack design would be substantially shorter. I'll shoot them an email.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would like Redball Sports to make a coffin-type double stack "shorty" for 9mm. The redball 9mm mags are just too long. I don't need a 30 rounder yet a 20 round double stack design would be substantially shorter. I'll shoot them an email.
View Quote
I'm hoping they make some for 10x25mm. I've held off on machining the receiver opening wider and making a new trigger linkage, but it's on the to-do list for this summer if no mags become available.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm hoping they make some for 10x25mm. I've held off on machining the receiver opening wider and making a new trigger linkage, but it's on the to-do list for this summer if no mags become available.
View Quote
This would be a cool project. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Well mine arrived today. Maybe i'll get it out to the range this weekend!

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone order a .45 version?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well mine arrived today. Maybe i'll get it out to the range this weekend!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276205/1BC9AF89-7CF4-4A59-A14E-0D361FC83A42-579876.jpg
View Quote
That thing looks sleek in all black! Might have to get a 10mm in black.

My brother ordered one tonight in .45 ACP. This Friday I am taking off to head to the range and shoot the Bullpup.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool.  What's the LOP like?  Looks kinda long.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Haven’t measured but OAL and LOP are about the same as the keltec rdb (see pic)

Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
About as short as it can be without being an SBR...
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Damn it. I gave in. Was tough to pull the trigger on a stock that cost me more than the rifle, but I couldn’t resist the Arctic Gray. Should have it in a few days. Gonna try and get it put together and to the range this weekend if it arrives in time. Gonna convert a 995ts. A 9mm bullpup for less than $500, what can go wrong?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Got mine today. Fit and finish is great. These are gonna sell like hot cakes. Hi Point should be sending a big thank you card to Hi Tower Armory. I’m gonna go out and buy a 45 just to put into this new stock. Can’t wait to get it to the range tomorrow and see how she shoots. Took about half an hour from start to finish to go from this:

To this:

Link Posted: 6/23/2018 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got mine today. Fit and finish is great. These are gonna sell like hot cakes. Hi Point should be sending a big thank you card to Hi Tower Armory. I’m gonna go out and buy a 45 just to put into this new stock. Can’t wait to get it to the range tomorrow and see how she shoots. Took about half an hour from start to finish to go from this:

http://imgdump4.novarata.net/image.uploads/22-06-2018/original-363481494e5b372db2a306886cc0e6ee.jpeg

To this:

http://imgdump4.novarata.net/image.uploads/22-06-2018/original-790b710afd4f913bf6e4ff65a4b895e5.jpeg

http://imgdump4.novarata.net/image.uploads/22-06-2018/original-99664deabc6f1ef9531c6149d9276268.jpeg
View Quote
Looks great is this the Desert Tan version?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Looks great is this the Desert Tan version?
View Quote
Arctic Gray.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Must be the indoor lighting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Great looking machines guys.

Can you recommend which model of 9mm rifle to buy, for the conversion?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great looking machines guys.

Can you recommend which model of 9mm rifle to buy, for the conversion?
Thanks
View Quote
The different versions from HiPoint just have different add ons or colors - one has a red dot, one has a forward grip, etc.  They're all the same basic gun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I went out and shot mine. It was fun. Only problems I had were getting used to the safety system and also had a FTF with the pro-mag. The highpoint mags and Redball mags worked great. When I got home I adjusted the trigger. Way less creep now.

My brother has a .45 version on the way. Should be here today.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks backbencher
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  I went out and shot mine. It was fun. Only problems I had were getting used to the safety system and also had a FTF with the pro-mag. The highpoint mags and Redball mags worked great. When I got home I adjusted the trigger. Way less creep now.

My brother has a .45 version on the way. Should be here today.
View Quote
Let us know if HighTower followed through on being able to use 1911 mags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#39]
^^^ Will Do
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Unfortunately the .45 mag wont lock into place without a little work with a dremel

Attachment Attached File

Do you remember where you read that the conversion would allow the use of 1911 mags? I checked this archived thread and it mentioned modification was needed.

DIY 1911 to Hi-Point 45 mag conversion.wmv
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Think it was in a convo we had with em on the HiPoint forum.  They told us the ThingMeister catch wouldn't work.  Do you have to Dremel the mag or the catch?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Okay, I take it back about what I said about its cost.  Did not know about the built-in recoil system.  I am on the mailing list for the next batch of order.

Just one question to those of you who have it:  is the HTA stock heavier than the original Hi-Point stock?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Think it was in a convo we had with em on the HiPoint forum.  They told us the ThingMeister catch wouldn't work.  Do you have to Dremel the mag or the catch?
View Quote
You would dremel the mag. I'll give it a try. Your trying to make that "bump" like the mag on the right has. you basically just score the metal not cut all the way through. That guys video is really bad quality yet I understand what he did..
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  You would dremel the mag. I'll give it a try. Your trying to make that "bump" like the mag on the right has. you basically just score the metal not cut all the way through. That guys video is really bad quality yet I understand what he did..
View Quote
I wouldn't Dremel a mag, which would make it unusable in a 1911.  I run the ThingMeister mag catch in both of my HiPoints, which allows them to use unmodified 1911 mags.  I'll ping HighTower when I have a minute, see if they will have an alternate mag catch one can buy.  Is the mag catch metal?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Very true.

Went to the range today with my brother. His .45 version needed the trigger adjusted immediately. He is a lefty and the brass deflector worked great for him. He then shot my 9mm without the deflector and his face got peppered with powder but he didn’t care.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone give us a weight on the full firearm? Apparently the stock by itself is 3.5 lbs.
http://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95
And the 9mm version Hi-point is 6.25 lbs.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-carbines/Hi-Point-9MM-carbine.html
Does the new stock make it heavier or lighter?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Can anyone give us a weight on the full firearm? Apparently the stock by itself is 3.5 lbs.
http://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95
And the 9mm version Hi-point is 6.25 lbs.
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-carbines/Hi-Point-9MM-carbine.html
Does the new stock make it heavier or lighter?
View Quote
Mine on a bathroom scale was 6.6 lbs
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nice guys im very jealous i'm hoping they call me for my wait list shipping notification soon!
View Quote
They're selling to the general public now, did your preorder email from a month+ ago end up in your spam?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Unfortunately the .45 mag wont lock into place without a little work with a dremel

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349278/3237C250-E893-4656-BFC3-781B51436B7F-597333.JPG

Do you remember where you read that the conversion would allow the use of 1911 mags? I checked this archived thread and it mentioned modification was needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VXNvcSO9A
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:  Unfortunately the .45 mag wont lock into place without a little work with a dremel

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/349278/3237C250-E893-4656-BFC3-781B51436B7F-597333.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VXNvcSO9A
Just heard from High Tower Armory:

Hello backbencher!

Thank you for your message and interest! We appreciate it! We are definitely considering making a .45 conversion catch, but it might be a few months. RIght now, all of our effort is being applied to the stock and releasing as many as possible. We will send out an announcement if/when the catches become a reality. Hope that helps! Thanks so much, sir!
--
Andy Wentzel
High Tower Armory, LLC
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Totally Badass. HTA is a great company with excellent customer service.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top