Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:10:38 PM EDT
I am about to drop the cash on a AAC .40 EVO can (local dealer just got their SOT, now they are getting their price list together). I have heard of people intruducing liquid into pistol suppressors for a quiter can. What liquid is used in the suppressor? How long does it ussually last? How much do you use? Can you use to much?

As for maintenance; what do you do to care for the sppressor?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:56:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 03rangerxlt:
I am about to drop the cash on a AAC .40 EVO can (local dealer just got their SOT, now they are getting their price list together). I have heard of people intruducing liquid into pistol suppressors for a quiter can. What liquid is used in the suppressor? How long does it ussually last? How much do you use? Can you use to much?

As for maintenance; what do you do to care for the sppressor?

Thanks guys.

Use a light oil, never water, is my only suggestion.

Personally, I rarely ever use anything. If I do, its a couple of drops of CLP in my .22lr can and I cant recall the last time I did it. It's just not something I do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:27:49 PM EDT
Water evaporates, oil is messy and hard to clean the can, some people actually use electricians wire lube but that too is messy and hard to clean....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:49:10 PM EDT
how does introducing some kind of liquid media into the suppressor make it quieterk
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:01 AM EDT
I have a bottle of wire pulling gel that I have used. It's not particularly messy, and it just wipes up. Mostly I use it when demonstrating the can shooting dog turds in the back yard, it's really not worth the hassle on the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:40:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SNIPERm88:

AAC Blog - Ablative

THanks! Neat to know how it works!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eodinert:
I have a bottle of wire pulling gel that I have used. It's not particularly messy, and it just wipes up. Mostly I use it when demonstrating the can shooting dog turds in the back yard, it's really not worth the hassle on the range.

Top Top