Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:10:38 PM EDT
I am about to drop the cash on a AAC .40 EVO can (local dealer just got their SOT, now they are getting their price list together).  I have heard of people intruducing liquid into pistol suppressors for a quiter can.  What liquid is used in the suppressor?  How long does it ussually last?  How much do you use?  Can you use to much?

As for maintenance; what do you do to care for the sppressor?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am about to drop the cash on a AAC .40 EVO can (local dealer just got their SOT, now they are getting their price list together).  I have heard of people intruducing liquid into pistol suppressors for a quiter can.  What liquid is used in the suppressor?  How long does it ussually last?  How much do you use?  Can you use to much?

As for maintenance; what do you do to care for the sppressor?

Thanks guys.

Use a light oil, never water, is my only suggestion.

Personally, I rarely ever use anything. If I do, its a couple of drops of CLP in my .22lr can and I cant recall the last time I did it.  It's just not something I do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Water evaporates, oil is messy and hard to clean the can, some people actually use electricians wire lube but that too is messy and hard to clean....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
how does introducing some kind of liquid media into the suppressor make it quieterk
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]

AAC Blog - Ablative

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a bottle of wire pulling gel that I have used.  It's not particularly messy, and it just wipes up.  Mostly I use it when demonstrating the can shooting dog turds in the back yard, it's really not worth the hassle on the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

AAC Blog - Ablative

THanks!  Neat to know how it works!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a bottle of wire pulling gel that I have used.  It's not particularly messy, and it just wipes up.  Mostly I use it when demonstrating the can shooting dog turds in the back yard, it's really not worth the hassle on the range.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top