Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2002 9:44:58 PM EDT
I recently found a really good deal on a 700 remington stainless and synthetic at Gilbertsguns.com . It seemed like a really good deal for this massive beauty ($475), so I went ahead and bought it. It's a great shooting rifle with alot of shit behind it, but so far, I've only found 3 different types of factory loaded cartridges for it. An A-Frame and Core-Lokt both from remington, and something called a bearclaw from Federal. All of these are 250 grain bullets. Anyone have any experience with these rounds? So far I've only shot the Core-Lokt. Just wondering how one performs against another. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:17:48 PM EDT
Bearclaw is a premium bullet that not to long ago would have cost you a couple a bucks apiece.Thats after a long wait after you ordered them.A-frame is also a good premium bullet.Core Lokt is in my opinion the best "standard" bullet out there.I've been shooting 338 caliber rifles for 20 years now.since I was 18.A lot of people gave me a lot of crap about blowing up deer and antelope ect.It never tore up what there 300 and 7mm mags did.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 1:23:11 PM EDT
I had a Sendero SF in .338 Ultra Mag. I shot the Swift A-Frame exclusively, it grouped the best. (for me, at least) Unfortunately, the ammo offerings in this caliber seem to be non-existent so, there isn't much to choose from...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 1:25:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:
Bearclaw is a premium bullet that not to long ago would have cost you a couple a bucks apiece.Thats after a long wait after you ordered them.A-frame is also a good premium bullet.Core Lokt is in my opinion the best "standard" bullet out there.I've been shooting 338 caliber rifles for 20 years now.since I was 18.A lot of people gave me a lot of crap about blowing up deer and antelope ect.It never tore up what there 300 and 7mm mags did.

Oh yeah, last I checked, .338 Ultra's ARE a couple of bucks a piece!! (my wallet will never forget...)
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:03:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJunkie:

Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:

Oh yeah, last I checked, .338 Ultra's ARE a couple of bucks a piece!! (my wallet will never forget...)

I meant just the bullet.Now you get a loaded round.What a DEAL .Another great 338 bullet is the Whinchester 230 gr.
Top Top