Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2001 7:30:45 PM EDT
OMFG...got a free Sony digital camcorder through redeeming hotel points last week. I have truly added more fun to my shooting experience. I am now able to record all that takes place, talk to the camera about wind readings, click adjustments, and conditions to review for later. Even more, it adds a little tension when your shoots become evidence when looking for errors.

Watching the replay of water bottles blowing up at 400-500 yds, I can put it on slow-mow and watch the bullet fly down range and blow up the jug!

This camera has added more joy and another side to my sessions, there is now a debrief. Best thing, I can prove my bragging now!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:42:09 PM EDT
you can watch the bullets?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:41:40 PM EDT
After a friend video taped a match I was in there was some problems that needed attention. First was to buy stereo muffs, could not hear a darn thing. It does help you get a different view to improve your shooting.
VM
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:30:10 AM EDT
I have videotaped myself shooting while practicing as well... you definately pick some things up by doing that.... I havent tried it to see if I can spot bullets flying though... however it may be possible. when I squeeze the trigger the flash/eject/reload is about 3 frames its pretty neat to watch... I wish I could change framerates that would make for some neat effects to play with in Premere (photoshoping at a new level)
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:31:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Varmint-Mister:
After a friend video taped a match I was in there was some problems that needed attention. First was to buy stereo muffs, could not hear a darn thing. It does help you get a different view to improve your shooting.
VM

This camera picks up evey little click of noise and my breathing from 3 yds away. Has stereo sound too.

REDRAY: yes you can see the bullet or at least the vapor folowing it in the camera at greater distances. In slow motion mode it is even more evident.
Top Top