Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 7:30:45 PM EDT
OMFG...got a free Sony digital camcorder through redeeming hotel points last week. I have truly added more fun to my shooting experience.  I am now able to record all that takes place, talk to the camera about wind readings, click adjustments, and conditions to review for later.  Even more, it adds a little tension when your shoots become evidence when looking for errors.

Watching the replay of water bottles blowing up at 400-500 yds, I can put it on slow-mow and watch the bullet fly down range and blow up the jug!

This camera has added more joy and another side to my sessions, there is now a debrief.  Best thing, I can prove my bragging now!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
you can watch the bullets?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
After a friend video taped a match I was in there was some problems that needed attention. First was to buy stereo muffs, could not hear a darn thing. It does help you get a different view to improve your shooting.
VM
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have videotaped myself shooting while practicing as well...  you definately pick some things up by doing that....  I havent tried it to see if I can spot bullets flying though... however it may be possible.  when I squeeze the trigger the flash/eject/reload is about 3 frames its pretty neat to watch... I wish I could change framerates that would make for some neat effects to play with in Premere (photoshoping at a new level)
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After a friend video taped a match I was in there was some problems that needed attention. First was to buy stereo muffs, could not hear a darn thing. It does help you get a different view to improve your shooting.
VM

This camera picks up evey little click of noise and my breathing from 3 yds away.  Has stereo sound too.

REDRAY:  yes you can see the bullet or at least the vapor folowing it in the camera at greater distances.  In slow motion mode it is even more evident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top