Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2003 5:42:31 PM EDT
I know Eagle Arms owns Armalite, but is there much difference in quality between their AR-10 rifles? The Eagle Arms match .308 rifle is $600 cheaper than the Armalite yet they look similair except the Armalite model uses a stainless barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:46:37 PM EDT
Start here and then go explore the site!
It'll help a lot to see this:
http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq_list.htm#2

I started 'wanting' the Eagle Arms E10A4...now I'm going for the 2003 SEBR, if that tells you anything!
Good Luck and have fun!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:48:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:23:10 PM EDT
ArmaLite will hold value better. However, I have an Eagle lower and switch back and forth between ArmaLite carbine and rifle uppers. Works for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:50:07 PM EDT
If you are looking to save bucks, buy an Eagle Arms lower - who cares about the limited versus lifetime warranty on the lower. Buy Armalite uppers in whatever configs you desire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:58:22 AM EDT
I have an Eagle Arms EA-10, with a stainless factory bbl. It was the only way to get an Armalite without a muzzle brake. Everybody knows they are the same gun so holding value is not really a problem. Its worth less because you paid less for it.

I happen to like black furniture and think the muzzle brake is a nearly useless device made solely for deafening people next to you on the firing line.
Top Top