Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2003 5:42:31 PM EDT
I know Eagle Arms owns Armalite, but is there much difference in quality between their AR-10 rifles? The Eagle Arms match .308 rifle is $600 cheaper than the Armalite yet they look similair except the Armalite model uses a stainless barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Start here and then go explore the site!
It'll help a lot to see this:
http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq_list.htm#2

I started 'wanting' the Eagle Arms E10A4...now I'm going for the 2003 SEBR, if that tells you anything!
Good Luck and have fun!
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
ArmaLite will hold value better.  However, I have an Eagle lower and switch back and forth between ArmaLite carbine and rifle uppers.  Works for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are looking to save bucks, buy an Eagle Arms lower - who cares about the limited versus lifetime warranty on the lower.  Buy Armalite uppers in whatever configs you desire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an Eagle Arms EA-10, with a stainless factory bbl.  It was the only way to get an Armalite without a muzzle brake.  Everybody knows they are the same gun so holding value is not really a problem.  Its worth less because you paid less for it.

I happen to like black furniture and think the muzzle brake is a nearly useless device made solely for deafening people next to you on the firing line.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top