Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 6:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2003 6:26:42 PM EDT by Hokie]
Just looking for a review or some personal opinions on these scopes. I was thinking of one of these for my STG58...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:52:33 PM EDT
It's a fantastic scope. Very high quality glass, target turrets, illuminated reticle, BDC, range estimation, tough as nails, and very reasonably priced. You won't find a better scope for the money. Let me warn you, though, the eye relief is very short. I had one on my AR and it would pop me in the bridge of my shooting glasses. I also preferred it without the rubber eyepiece.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:39:15 PM EDT
Excellent feedback, thanks!

I'm definately gonna get one. That, some 30mm lever rings, and that DSA premier scope mount for the FAL.

I assume the low rings will be the way to go. I'm not a fan of the poor cheek welds from 'see thru' rings.

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/7/2003 5:52:40 PM EDT by 5subslr5]
Hokie,
what's the price on that scope ?? Depending on what this scope costs there may be another IOR scope worth looking at ($499 WITH rings).
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:58:12 PM EDT
SWFA's got it for $369, but DSA has it for $349...plus they've got the mount and rings. Figured it'd be nice to do it all with one company.

Which scope were you referencing? IOR? I like the features that come with that 4X24 M2 model. Have you used that scope before?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:45:19 PM EDT
Take a look on cactustactical.com.

I've been looking for a scope to go on an AR-10 carbine and the IOR Super M2 6X30 with 35mm tube (yes, that's right), illuminated WITH 35mm rings is on my short list. You can get a choice of two reticules and cammed for the .308, 168grn bullet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:03:12 PM EDT
Just spent some time on that website. Cool shtuff over there. That scope is indeed most sweet. I think for my "Maine" use the 4X is more than plenty. I'm also a big fan of the lower power scopes. When I go hunting for example I usually keep my scopes (whatever the rifle) on 1-4 power tops. I rarely use 10X for anything outside of range use.

But that 6X30 is somethin' cool...Hey have you ordered from CactusTactical before?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:55:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:
Just spent some time on that website. Cool shtuff over there. That scope is indeed most sweet. I think for my "Maine" use the 4X is more than plenty. I'm also a big fan of the lower power scopes. When I go hunting for example I usually keep my scopes (whatever the rifle) on 1-4 power tops. I rarely use 10X for anything outside of range use.

But that 6X30 is somethin' cool...Hey have you ordered from CactusTactical before?

Nope, I have not purchased from the tactical catus but was referred there by another member. Nothing wrong with lower power scopes. In fact, Wes Grant is a big fan of underpowered scopes. Somehow that Super M2 just has my eye as a good scope for my AR-10. Seems to offer lots of value for the dollars and it is cammed for the .308 and the 168grn bullet.
Top Top