Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 6:26:27 PM EDT
Just looking for a review or some personal opinions on these scopes.  I was thinking of one of these for my STG58...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a fantastic scope.  Very high quality glass, target turrets, illuminated reticle, BDC, range estimation, tough as nails, and very reasonably priced.  You won't find a better scope for the money.  Let me warn you, though, the eye relief is very short.  I had one on my AR and it would pop me in the bridge of my shooting glasses.  I also preferred it without the rubber eyepiece.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent feedback, thanks!

I'm definately gonna get one.  That, some 30mm lever rings, and that DSA premier scope mount for the FAL.

I assume the low rings will be the way to go.  I'm not a fan of the poor cheek welds from 'see thru' rings.

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Hokie,
what's the price on that scope ??  Depending on what this scope costs there may be another IOR scope worth looking at ($499 WITH rings).
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
SWFA's got it for $369, but DSA has it for $349...plus they've got the mount and rings.  Figured it'd be nice to do it all with one company.

Which scope were you referencing?  IOR?  I like the features that come with that 4X24 M2 model.  Have you used that scope before?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look on cactustactical.com.

I've been looking for a scope to go on an AR-10 carbine and the IOR Super M2 6X30 with 35mm tube (yes, that's right), illuminated WITH 35mm rings is on my short list.  You can get a choice of two reticules and cammed for the .308, 168grn bullet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just spent some time on that website.  Cool shtuff over there.  That scope is indeed most sweet.  I think for my "Maine" use the 4X is more than plenty.  I'm also a big fan of the lower power scopes.  When I go hunting for example I usually keep my scopes (whatever the rifle) on 1-4 power tops.  I rarely use 10X for anything outside of range use.

But that 6X30 is somethin' cool...Hey have you ordered from CactusTactical before?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just spent some time on that website.  Cool shtuff over there.  That scope is indeed most sweet.  I think for my "Maine" use the 4X is more than plenty.  I'm also a big fan of the lower power scopes.  When I go hunting for example I usually keep my scopes (whatever the rifle) on 1-4 power tops.  I rarely use 10X for anything outside of range use.

But that 6X30 is somethin' cool...Hey have you ordered from CactusTactical before?

Nope, I have not purchased from the tactical catus but was referred there by another member.  Nothing wrong with lower power scopes.  In fact, Wes Grant is a big fan of underpowered scopes.  Somehow that Super M2 just has my eye as a good scope for my AR-10.  Seems to offer lots of value for the dollars and it is cammed for the .308 and the 168grn bullet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top