Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2002 11:18:36 AM EDT
I already have a preban with a SP1 upper. I am LE so can get anything that falls into that category. I have a stripped CAV lower en route. I am planning on putting in a two stage NM trigger no matter what. I would probably like to get several uppers, but what to do first? A 16" pocket precision? A full length? An ultra flyweight? A pistol cal upper? What would you do, at least at first?

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:24:19 AM EDT
What do you want it to do? There are a million different configurations available
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:41:40 AM EDT
How about a "pocket precision 16 flyweight"? Just an idea I am changing one of my guns into just that. Custom 16" Pac-Nor ss H-bar barrel skeleton ACE stock (its postban) and carbon fiber FF tube. All on a Matched LBC upper and lower. Topped off by a reflex. Light mean looking tack driver. Be shure to post pics when you get it done whatever you decide to do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:43:49 PM EDT
Are there any 18" barrels for ARs out there. I thought I read something about the SPR having a heavy 18. Is there a medium 18? As far as what I want it to do, I'm not sure. I am not a big believer in trying to make an AR into a 700-meter-in-side-the-ocular-cavity sniper rifle. I do want it to be accurate, at least minute-of-beer can with open sights. I probably want a flat top configuration.
Maybe what I want is a 18" medium weight barrel (or 18" fluted heavy) with a free float handguard. Sort of a jack of all trades.
More opinions por favor...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:40:00 AM EDT
I was looking for months and the only 18's I found were Wilson Combat. They are $pendy. I opted to just get a custom 16" from JN Rifleworks. 1/9 twist 5 land 5.56 chamber on a Pac-Nor blank. The price was only 50.00 more than the Wilson. He will cut a 18" if you want. I believe Pac-Nor will no longer sell 16" blanks so all of his barrels start as a 20". As far as accuracy it will out shoot my DCM 20" with a Douglas. I was getting 2" @100 in 20rnd strings with a hot barrel using shit South African ammo. .25-.50 @ 100 three rnd strings with 55gr Blk Hills from a cold barrel. Either way that was good enough for me. I do find it odd that 18" are not more popular.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:10:26 PM EDT
what to do???? get it all decked out and send it to me for keeps!
Top Top