Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 11:18:36 AM EDT
I already have a preban with a SP1 upper.  I am LE so can get anything that falls into that category.  I have a stripped CAV lower en route.  I am planning on putting in a two stage NM trigger no matter what.  I would probably like to get several uppers, but what to do first?  A 16" pocket precision?  A full length?  An ultra flyweight?  A pistol cal upper?  What would you do, at least at first?

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you want it to do?  There are a million different configurations available
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
How about a "pocket precision 16 flyweight"? Just an idea I am changing one of my guns into just that. Custom 16" Pac-Nor ss H-bar barrel skeleton ACE stock (its postban) and carbon fiber FF tube. All on a Matched LBC upper and lower. Topped off by a reflex. Light mean looking tack driver. Be shure to post pics when you get it done whatever you decide to do.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any 18" barrels for ARs out there.  I thought I read something about the SPR having a heavy 18.  Is there a medium 18?  As far as what I want it to do, I'm not sure.  I am not a big believer in trying to make an AR into a 700-meter-in-side-the-ocular-cavity sniper rifle.  I do want it to be accurate, at least minute-of-beer can with open sights.  I probably want a flat top configuration.
Maybe what I want is a 18" medium weight barrel (or 18" fluted heavy) with a free float handguard. Sort of a jack of all trades.
More opinions por favor...
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking for months and the only 18's I found were Wilson Combat. They are $pendy. I opted to just get a custom 16" from JN Rifleworks. 1/9 twist 5 land 5.56 chamber on a Pac-Nor blank. The price was only 50.00 more than the Wilson. He will cut a 18" if you want. I believe Pac-Nor will no longer sell 16" blanks so all of his barrels start as a 20". As far as accuracy it will out shoot my DCM 20" with a Douglas. I was getting 2" @100 in 20rnd strings with a hot barrel using shit South African ammo. .25-.50 @ 100 three rnd strings with 55gr Blk Hills from a cold barrel. Either way that was good enough for me. I do find it odd that 18" are not more popular.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
what to do????  get it all decked out and send it to me for keeps!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top