Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/13/2002 2:46:48 PM EDT
Sup. Ran into a problem today. Was going to clean my 40cal USP earlier and when i proceeded to take the spring and barrel out of the slide, the spring flew off as well as the "retaining" parts that held the big spring on.

I found the "front recoil spring retainer" and the "snap ring" after an hour of looking. I cant keep the spring and retaining parts on buffer assembly. So i figured i would try to just purchase the whole assembly complete.

Does anyone know of a good place to get USP parts from? Or will i have to deal with HK directly?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/13/2002 3:04:26 PM EDT by Chazz]
Here is one, never dealt with them though.

www.brayleyballistics.com/nav_side_parts_hk.html

CHZ
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:31:22 PM EDT
You might give Fran a shot - good guy.

fran@webcntrl.com

(715) 732-5332
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:50:13 PM EDT
Sounds like you are talking about the c clamp that holds the recoil spring captured on the recoil spring guide rod. I had the same thing happen on my USP 40 compact. I called H&K directly and told them that I just needed a new c clamp and that a local H&K dealer could get it back on for me. H&K said they would send me one and they ended up sending me a whole new recoil spring, guide rod, etc all together for free. I was happy!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:06:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jadams951:
Sounds like you are talking about the c clamp that holds the recoil spring captured on the recoil spring guide rod. I had the same thing happen on my USP 40 compact. I called H&K directly and told them that I just needed a new c clamp and that a local H&K dealer could get it back on for me. H&K said they would send me one and they ended up sending me a whole new recoil spring, guide rod, etc all together for free. I was happy!!!

Yep. If you look at a diagram of the USP, it is parts 13a and 13b. I experienced some problems at the range earlier this week with that pistol. The trigger wouldnt reset all the time. Maybe this was causing that to happen.
I think i am gonna do what you did. Since the pistol is on some type of lifetime warranty anyway. I am gonna try to get the whole assembly myself.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

Top Top