Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 2:46:48 PM EDT
Sup.  Ran into a problem today.  Was going to clean my 40cal USP earlier and when i proceeded to take the spring and barrel out of the slide, the spring flew off as well as the "retaining" parts that held the big spring on.

I found the "front recoil spring retainer" and the "snap ring" after an hour of looking.  I cant keep the spring and retaining parts on buffer assembly.  So i figured i would try to just purchase the whole assembly complete.

Does anyone know of a good place to get USP parts from?  Or will i have to deal with HK directly?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is one, never dealt with them though.

www.brayleyballistics.com/nav_side_parts_hk.html

CHZ
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You might give Fran a shot - good guy.

[email protected]

(715) 732-5332
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you are talking about the c clamp that holds the recoil spring captured on the recoil spring guide rod.  I had the same thing happen on my USP 40 compact.  I called H&K directly and told them that I just needed a new c clamp and that a local H&K dealer could get it back on for me.  H&K said they would send me one and they ended up sending me a whole new recoil spring, guide rod, etc all together for free.  I was happy!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like you are talking about the c clamp that holds the recoil spring captured on the recoil spring guide rod.  I had the same thing happen on my USP 40 compact.  I called H&K directly and told them that I just needed a new c clamp and that a local H&K dealer could get it back on for me.  H&K said they would send me one and they ended up sending me a whole new recoil spring, guide rod, etc all together for free.  I was happy!!!

Yep.  If you look at a diagram of the USP, it is parts 13a and 13b.  I experienced some problems at the range earlier this week with that pistol.  The trigger wouldnt reset all the time.  Maybe this was causing that to happen.
I think i am gonna do what you did.  Since the pistol is on some type of lifetime warranty anyway.  I am gonna try to get the whole assembly myself.

Anyway, thanks for your info.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top