Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 11:31:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2002 9:22:04 PM EDT by 100YARDS]
I already have a U.S. Springfield that shoots great so I don't want to wear it out. I was thinking of getting a Danish with a VAR barrel to shoot and use for parts if necassary. My real issue is this ...do I have any quality issues to worry about if Danish M1 has Italian or Danish parts? Would these foreign parts not be 'up to U.S. specs' ?
Any other differences in these guns ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:47:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:21:52 PM EDT
100yards

I've been debating getting a Dane with the VAR bbl, or just spring a little more, and get one of the H&R rifles.
Pros being that the Dane with the VAR bbl has one of the best military BBLs ever made. The H&R is one of the newest USGI M1s made, thus has all the good engineering tweaks.

Cons are that the Dane might have some older parts, some mixed parts, and not a lot of the tweaks. The H&R was likely never used in any warfare.

It's still a toss up. I'm siding with the H&R, trying to keep maintenance to a minimum with my first M1. I'll eventually tweak it (NM sights and bedded stock, etc), and get another Service Grade to keep as original as I can.

I think we can't stop at just ONE M1... hehehe

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
If you are buying an H&R and not buying the COLLECTOR GRADE, the only gaurantee you will get is that the receiver will be H&R not the whole rifle. For the money a Danish with a VAR barrel is hard to beat!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:41:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tony-in-NH:
If you are buying an H&R and not buying the COLLECTOR GRADE, the only gaurantee you will get is that the receiver will be H&R not the whole rifle. For the money a Danish with a VAR barrel is hard to beat!!!

I am thinking about saving the $100 and getting a Dane with the VAR... I'm wanting to be as conservative as possible this year. I already ordered a set of stocks from Boyd's ($76, not a bad deal). I'm pretty sure the Dane should be a good shooter for the money.

M@
Top Top