Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 11:31:44 AM EDT
I already have a U.S. Springfield that shoots great so I don't want to wear it out. I was thinking of getting a Danish with a VAR barrel to shoot and use for parts if necassary. My real issue is this ...do I have any quality issues to worry about if Danish M1 has Italian or Danish parts? Would these foreign parts not be 'up to U.S. specs' ?
Any other differences in these guns ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
100yards

I've been debating getting a Dane with the VAR bbl, or just spring a little more, and get one of the H&R rifles.  
Pros being that the Dane with the VAR bbl has one of the best military BBLs ever made.  The H&R is one of the newest USGI M1s made, thus has all the good engineering tweaks.

Cons are that the Dane might have some older parts, some mixed parts, and not a lot of the tweaks.  The H&R was likely never used in any warfare.

It's still a toss up.  I'm siding with the H&R, trying to keep maintenance to a minimum with my first M1.  I'll eventually tweak it (NM sights and bedded stock, etc), and get another Service Grade to keep as original as I can.  

I think we can't stop at just ONE M1... hehehe

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are buying an H&R and not buying the COLLECTOR GRADE, the only gaurantee you will get is that the receiver will be H&R not the whole rifle. For the money a Danish with a VAR barrel is hard to beat!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are buying an H&R and not buying the COLLECTOR GRADE, the only gaurantee you will get is that the receiver will be H&R not the whole rifle. For the money a Danish with a VAR barrel is hard to beat!!!

I am thinking about saving the $100 and getting a Dane with the VAR... I'm wanting to be as conservative as possible this year.  I already ordered a set of stocks from Boyd's ($76, not a bad deal).  I'm pretty sure the Dane should be a good shooter for the money.

M@
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top