Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 10:09:36 AM EDT
I am tired of my GI (crap) trigger and I think I am ready for an upgrade. This is what I want, a single stage trigger with little or no creep and about 4 lb pull weight. I want one that I can drop in and forget about. Also I would like to keep the cost in the $100-125 range. Is there such a trigger like this out there? Please post your thoughts and opinions about this.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:45:32 AM EDT
There are some single stage triggers that have stuff attached to them to make them seem like 2 stage. You should be able to adjust it so you have only the first stage. The JP trigger is one. Bushy uses them. You can get them down light but 4 pounds isn't enough. If you really want a match trigger you should go with an ArmaLite machined 2 stage. If a single stage is good enough maybe you can lube different.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:15:49 AM EDT
Thanks T2.

I guess what I am really looking for is a better version of what I have, with a lighter and less creepy pull. Does anyone make a non-adjustable single stage drop in that will yield a lighter shorter trigger pull? I'm sure all this would take is to deburr and polish the sear and trigger nose surfaces but I know this is a no-no on AR triggers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:17:21 AM EDT
You might check out Accuracy Speaks Drop-In Comp Trigger. Single stage, easy to install and no adj screws. I've had them work down to 2lbs pull. Brownells has them. $135.00
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:49:41 AM EDT
Noname,
I have heard good things about the accuracy speaks trigger before, did yours truly drop right in or did it need fitting?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 12:01:51 PM EDT
My Rock River two-stage ($108 at a gun show) dropped right in and improved over the GI trigger IMMENSELY. It's not a Jewell or a JP, but it drops in with no adjustment/fitting whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 1:12:02 PM EDT
4Wheelin---Most aftermarket trigger assy's will need fitting. I've installed about a dozen Accuracy Speaks assy's. About half of them needed adj. Fitting requires slight metal removal from aft portion of trigger/safety contact and/or trimming of forward part of disconnector. It's lightweight and spelled out in the instructions. Adj is usually a good indicator of how "in-spec" a receiver is...
Top Top