Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 10:09:36 AM EDT
I am tired of my GI (crap) trigger and I think I am ready for an upgrade. This is what I want, a single stage trigger with little or no creep and about 4 lb pull weight.  I want one that I can drop in and forget about.  Also I would like to keep the cost in the $100-125 range.  Is there such a trigger like this out there?  Please post your thoughts and opinions about this.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
There are some single stage triggers that have stuff attached to them to make them seem like 2 stage.  You should be able to adjust it so you have only the first stage.  The JP trigger is one.  Bushy uses them.  You can get them down light but 4 pounds isn't enough.  If you really want a match trigger you should go with an ArmaLite machined 2 stage.  If a single stage is good enough maybe you can lube different.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks T2.

I guess what I am really looking for is a better version of what I have, with a lighter and less creepy pull. Does anyone make a non-adjustable single stage drop in that will yield a lighter shorter trigger pull?  I'm sure all this would take is to deburr and polish the sear and trigger nose surfaces but I know this is a no-no on AR triggers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
You might check out Accuracy Speaks Drop-In Comp Trigger. Single stage, easy to install and no adj screws. I've had them work down to 2lbs pull. Brownells has them. $135.00
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Noname,
I have heard good things about the accuracy speaks trigger before, did yours truly drop right in or did it need fitting?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My Rock River two-stage ($108 at a gun show) dropped right in and improved over the GI trigger IMMENSELY.  It's not a Jewell or a JP, but it drops in with no adjustment/fitting whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
4Wheelin---Most aftermarket trigger assy's will need fitting. I've installed about a dozen Accuracy Speaks assy's. About half of them needed adj. Fitting requires slight metal removal from aft portion of trigger/safety contact and/or trimming of forward part of disconnector. It's lightweight and spelled out in the instructions. Adj is usually a good indicator of how "in-spec" a receiver is...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top