Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
When the NGAL goes live in March. I'm buying one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah same, this is the price point vs quality that should trump nearly everything out there. Even close to approaching real shit. Very exciting news.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the NGAL goes live in March. I'm buying one.
View Quote

Same here. I've been very happy with my peq clone and I'll definitely pick one of those up
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Received notice from DHL that my order has been shipped. Not bad considering this included the potting service too.

no delivery date yet but i have a tracking number so things are progressing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Off topic but has anybody tried one of the metal MAWL clones out yet? Curious if it would be ok on my scorpion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Off topic but has anybody tried one of the metal MAWL clones out yet? Curious if it would be ok on my scorpion.
View Quote

They're not in the same league as the SomoGear stuff.  Given the heavy recoil impulse in the Scorpion, I highly doubt that unit is going to hold zero.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Just played around with a recent (delivered this wk) unit and compared it to the year-ish old one I have on loan. Literally everything is better. Adjustment screws/knobs are far more tactile, illum adjustment is larger and feels better when adjusting, laser is cleaner than my Perst (ouch), and there's a general solidity that isn't there on the older unit I've been fooling around with.

Still a bit on the fence when it comes to reliability but the old one keeps on ticking. Unknown round count on my friends rifle and approaching 1,000 on mine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally got mine out to the range yesterday I put about 300 rounds to it after initially zeroing it. No problems held zero no issues at all with it I'm very happy so far
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I finally got mine out to the range yesterday I put about 300 rounds to it after initially zeroing it. No problems held zero no issues at all with it I'm very happy so far
View Quote
@dog1
What caliber/platform did you shoot?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@dog1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dog1

.223..10.5 SBR

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Not sure if we are allowed to post pics anymore or not.  I got my last week and installed on my TP9.  Took it to the range today and only put 150rds through the gun.  I had already had the IR laser aligned to my Eotech at the longest distance I have. So will need to check it again tonight to see if there is any shift.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure if we are allowed to post pics anymore or not.  I got my last week and installed on my TP9.  Took it to the range today and only put 150rds through the gun.  I had already had the IR laser aligned to my Eotech at the longest distance I have. So will need to check it again tonight to see if there is any shift.
View Quote

I think we're still good to go, as these aren't direct clones/stealing IP. Assuming I followed the Goatboy thread correctly....

I really want to see it on your TP9, so please take the chance
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think we're still good to go, as these aren't direct clones/stealing IP. Assuming I followed the Goatboy thread correctly....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah who knows.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what !??    Sometimes i wonder.

still looking forward to @metalsaber report.

mine is scheduled to hit Wednesday.

perhaps I'll post pics.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Post pics, mods will remove if they deem it verboten.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Very cool. How’d you mount he tape switch on the other side? Or do you just use the onboard fire button?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57852/IMG_1678-2670475.jpg
Not allot of real estate on that rifle.

Looks good.

the blue screws, are they in the stored position currently with the' active' position being installed on the rotary switch?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Looks good.

the blue screws, are they in the stored position currently with the' active' position being installed on the rotary switch?
View Quote

That is the "use" position. When they are in the dial you are blocked from the higher output settings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is the "use" position. When they are in the dial you are blocked from the higher output settings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks good.

That's what I was trying to spit out, you are a much better wordsmith than I. ( or is it me? )

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very cool. How'd you mount he tape switch on the other side? Or do you just use the onboard fire button?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very cool. How'd you mount he tape switch on the other side? Or do you just use the onboard fire button?
I'll get another pic when I get home.  I used some hook and loop.  Seems to work out ok and I can remove the switch since it's just Velcro.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's what I was trying to spit out, you are a much better wordsmith than I. ( or is it me? )

View Quote
Yeah just a storage location.  I like my high settings. Lol. Even though on this gun the low setting is plenty fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Seems about the perfect location for a tape switch on an MP-7 like gat

Big question, would you buy another?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Seems about the perfect location for a tape switch on an MP-7 like gat

Big question, would you buy another?
View Quote
Probably.  For this gun i was ok with just having a proper illuminator.   That still fits the bill.  Most of my setups can be used under nods. therefore even when trying to shoot passive you need a little more light and shooting with a red dot or eotech is more accurate vs a laser at range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#28]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5N83gCi1Ic

At about four minutes in.  Guy mentions that it's got IR setting.  I wonder what the tech is in that and I wonder how robust it is.  Considering alot of players are using GBB (gas blowback) rifles I would imagine that the thing may be rated to handle some shock.  Shrug.

Could be kinda neat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5N83gCi1Ic

At about four minutes in.  Guy mentions that it's got IR setting.  I wonder what the tech is in that and I wonder how robust it is.  Considering alot of players are using GBB (gas blowback) rifles I would imagine that the thing may be rated to handle some shock.  Shrug.

Could be kinda neat.
View Quote

PTS mawl has been coming soon for like 3 years. I think pts's stuff is officially licensed vaporware.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Ha ha for sure.  Also check in at the "Reptile House" for updates such as these.  Probably best mil-sim site out there.  If it's out, they will have a review on it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

PTS mawl has been coming soon for like 3 years. I think pts's stuff is officially licensed vaporware.
View Quote

I think PTS does everything by the book (at least they did with MTEK) - maybe it's on BE Meyers end? Or maybe it's still not up to what BE wants their name on yet - no idea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Looking forward to the NGAL dropping March '23. I'm going to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Debating whether to order the IS NGAL or IS PEQ.  Which would you guys recommend.  Specs look the same, sway me one way or the other.  $300 or so difference in price.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Debating whether to order the IS NGAL or IS PEQ.  Which would you guys recommend.  Specs look the same, sway me one way or the other.  $300 or so difference in price.
View Quote

Based on timing i say the peq. Im still waiting on my NGALs after a while and even with communication he still takes longer on them than the peqs. Someone on here talked to him and stated in his thread that the guy said peqs are easier to assemble and the NGALS sucks to do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Dumb question - who is IS?

i know about somogear (sg) and phantom hill (ph) as alternative solutions but must have missed IS.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dumb question - who is IS?

i know about somogear (sg) and phantom hill (ph) as alternative solutions but must have missed IS.

thanks
View Quote

Invisible Sight (Found Industries)
Closest replicas to date for real world use on actual firearms.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#37]
SG PEQ are back up for sale again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#38]
are you guys throwing these NGALS on 5.56/.223 rifles?  or smaller caliber ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm going to eventually dedicate one to a .22 gun.  Will try one on a 5.56 gun to see how well it holds up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be putting one on a 5.56 gun
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#41]
My 5.56 guns are also my .22 guns, so....yes
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered 4 to test, will make a youtube video on it.
Gonna run them on whatever I can find. Scar 17 is in the works.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My 5.56 guns are also my .22 guns, so....yes
View Quote

and they handle recoil just fine?  the NGAL coming in march sounds sweet
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

and they handle recoil just fine?  the NGAL coming in march sounds sweet
View Quote

Waiting to test that one, fingers crossed
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

The SCAR will be interesting, just as long as there are 5.56/.300BLK and maybe 9mm PCC too. The SCAR kills a lot of stuff, and I think most of us are not saying "jUsT aS gOoD", just "good enough for what I need".
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The SCAR will be interesting, just as long as there are 5.56/.300BLK and maybe 9mm PCC too. The SCAR kills a lot of stuff, and I think most of us are not saying "jUsT aS gOoD", just "good enough for what I need".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think thats the key.  I'm not outfitting all my guns with $3k laser/illuminators.  I'm saving up for dual tube nods.  It's fun seeing lasers out to 200yds+ but they are wholly impractical.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Found a used WADSN Perst 4 on facebook, so i picked it up for my krink. This thing is so close to a 1:1 replica, and it is very bright. Cant wait to put it through its paces this weekend. Pictures
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#48]
When the new one drops i will be throwing it on my scar 16, scar 17 and if it passes those, it will be put on my .50 to check for durability.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, and yes i have a rattler and a real deal mk18 to test it on. then scar 17, i dont really have any other platforms so i may hand one to a buddy of mine to abuse with whatever he has.
I want these to be a viable alternative, not some hobby laser for $900. I expect them to perform. I have FP peqs and they are fine but i like the form factor of the ngal. I want navsea LA5D performance without paying navsea LA5 prices

my idea is if it can handle its time on a mk17 itll be fine wherever else I intend to use it. I spent most of the money on tubes so i dont feel like being forced to spend fp peq prices to outfit every gun with IR. It would cost a fortune
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is 95% of the capability that comes with a hard to find in the secondary market, expensive, that a manufacturer won't sell you nor service for you unit - at under 10% of the price.

I literally don't care if the lasers are co-aligned. I care about having access to a good illuminator and a laser that holds zero.

L3/Whoever could sell me a full power unit; but they can't, and won't. Give me a good option and I'll buy it.
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top