Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/9/2003 2:23:34 PM EDT
From the NRA website it says for Mississippi's C&R "Mississippi statutes are silent on antique and replica firearms. They are treated as ordinary firearms."

Now does this mean I can get a C&R license or does it mean MS doesn't do the C&R deal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:34:21 PM EDT
I'm not really good at interpreting those laws. Why not apply for a license and see if you get it?

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Vermilion:
From the NRA website it says for Mississippi's C&R "Mississippi statutes are silent on antique and replica firearms. They are treated as ordinary firearms."

Now does this mean I can get a C&R license or does it mean MS doesn't do the C&R deal?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 6:04:20 PM EDT by Jim_Dandy]

Thanks

That has nothing to do with C&R status, it only refers to whether antique firearms are still classified as antiques or not (muzzleloaders, firearms manufactured prior to 1898, etc).

Under the C&R license provision of the '68 GCA, C&R firearms are still classified as firearms. Period. C&R status allows a collector to obtain them directly without using an FFL holder (in most circumstances).

If you want a C&R license, then get one. Mississippi won't restrict it. To my knowledge, the only state that restricts C&R licensees is New Jersey: they just don't recognize them.

I'm not really good at interpreting those laws.

We know. You showed everyone in the "C&R Deer Rifle" thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:46:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:23:21 PM EDT
You are wrong and you just don't want to admit it.

Dennis Jenkins

I'm not really good at interpreting those laws.

We know. You showed everyone in the "C&R Deer Rifle" thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:18:45 PM EDT

You are wrong and you just don't want to admit it.

Dennis Jenkins

Actually, Denny, I showed some proof. You, my man, have yet to do the same.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:49:40 AM EDT
C&R licenses are indeed allowed in Mississippi. . . we have over fifty of them on-file in our records from MS.
Top Top