Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 2:23:34 PM EDT
From the NRA website it says for Mississippi's C&R "Mississippi statutes are silent on antique and replica firearms. They are treated as ordinary firearms."

Now does this mean I can get a C&R license or does it mean MS doesn't do the C&R deal?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really good at interpreting those laws.  Why not apply for a license and see if you get it?

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
From the NRA website it says for Mississippi's C&R "Mississippi statutes are silent on antique and replica firearms. They are treated as ordinary firearms."

Now does this mean I can get a C&R license or does it mean MS doesn't do the C&R deal?  

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks

That has nothing to do with C&R status, it only refers to whether antique firearms are still classified as antiques or not (muzzleloaders, firearms manufactured prior to 1898, etc).

Under the C&R license provision of the '68 GCA, C&R firearms are still classified as firearms. Period. C&R status allows a collector to obtain them directly without using an FFL holder (in most circumstances).

If you want a C&R license, then get one. Mississippi won't restrict it. To my knowledge, the only state that restricts C&R licensees is New Jersey: they just don't recognize them.

I'm not really good at interpreting those laws.

We know. You showed everyone in the "C&R Deer Rifle" thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You are wrong and you just don't want to admit it.

Dennis Jenkins

I'm not really good at interpreting those laws.

We know. You showed everyone in the "C&R Deer Rifle" thread.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]

You are wrong and you just don't want to admit it.

Dennis Jenkins

Actually, Denny, I showed some proof. You, my man, have yet to do the same.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
C&R licenses are indeed allowed in Mississippi. . . we have over fifty of them on-file in our records from MS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top