Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:53:07 PM EDT
How is it perform? Well built?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:55:13 AM EDT
I recently purchased the "Lite Hawg" 9mm with a steel slide. This 3" pistol cost more than many fine guns out there and I had high expectations.

Well, I purchased NIB online from a dealer I purchased from previously. The Hawg arrived and I took it to my local range - everyone there was impressed with the look and feel.

Then I went to shoot it and it wasn't a Hawg but a DOG! Jammed constantly, every type of jam including jamming a live round in the chamber. I was shooting the ammo they recommend and had several of my range friends try it - DOGGGG.

Very disappointed with this. Called Para and was asked to send it in. Well, that cost me close to $40. When I got it back (very quick turn around) the work order said - installed new PXT assembly and adjusted magazine feed lips. Worked fine but I'm out the shipping which just increased the cost of that gun.

Ordered a new magazine and it jammed repeatedly!!! Sent in back and they replaced it saying that if it didn't work send back the gun and magazine!!! Unbelievable.

I know this is only my experience but this experience is enough not to buy Para again nor recommend them.

A great gun for the money - not in the category we're discussing - is the Taurus PT92. For the money it's FINE.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:36:19 AM EDT
One of the things that I have repeatedly heard about Paras ( and I own a P10.45) is that the magazine is the weak link of the system. I have a lot of jamming in mine as well. Try this. Feed the weapon one round at a time without the mag in the weapon. Do this for about 20 rounds. See how many FTEs or FTFs you get on your new weapon. I have been told that a possible fix (although I have not tried this) is to put a replacement higher power spring, like a wolff or a spring from a P12 in the P10/Warthog mag.

Just my .02
Don
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:49:31 AM EDT
Sounds reasonable. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 9:04:36 AM EDT by RobBob]
I have a 745 LDA. Initially I had a lot of FTE/FTFs, but thought it just needed broken in. I have had no FTE or FTF since switching all of my mags to Chip McCormick's. Coincindence.......maybe not.

Rob
Top Top